By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Canadian Liberals: Immigration to death...

This...

FUCK YOU JOHN MCCALLUM! P... 24 63.16%

This is good! Immigrants ... 14 36.84%

Total:38
curl-6 said:
barneystinson69 said:

And the obvious first nation's jokes...

As if the Australian's or American's have treated them so well. Either way, you knew what I was talking about. Canada doesn't need immigration, we need to close up, and start focusing on a healthy birthrate!

I never excused America or Australia. If anything, my own country (Aus) has an even worse history of indigenous persecution; colonists actually managed to successfully exterminate the native population of Tasmania, which if I recall correctly is the only completely successful example of genocide in history.

I'm all for the sensible regulation of a country's immigrant intake, I just couldn't resist pointing out the inherent irony.

Australia did not become a country until federation in 1901 so the genocide actually happened on Britains watch as Australia was just a colony.

I would also take immigrants, excluding genuine muslims, over our native population any day of the week.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Oh no, I wasn't joking lol. There WILL be a huge exodus, that's for sure. I, for one, have recently wanted to immigrate to Canada myself out of protest over our healthcare for the rich, education for the privileged and fuck old people policies. But if Drumpf wins? I'll be learning how to speak French faster than I can type his name.

Well...you could just move to an English speaking part of Canada haha

Oh, and I hope your white, of Barney is going to be pissed. He doesn't want any more of those "other races" moving to Canada.

You should read my post. I said I don't want any immigration. I said Canada was built on white immigration. Doesn't mean we need more people to immigrate now. 

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

SlayerRondo said:
curl-6 said:

I never excused America or Australia. If anything, my own country (Aus) has an even worse history of indigenous persecution; colonists actually managed to successfully exterminate the native population of Tasmania, which if I recall correctly is the only completely successful example of genocide in history.

I'm all for the sensible regulation of a country's immigrant intake, I just couldn't resist pointing out the inherent irony.

Australia did not become a country until federation in 1901 so the genocide actually happened on Britains watch as Australia was just a colony.

I would also take immigrants, excluding genuine muslims, over our native population any day of the week.

Whether we were a Federation or not on paper at the time doesn't discount that the history of white Australia is one of genocide.

curl-6 said:
SlayerRondo said:

Whether we were a Federation or not on paper at the time doesn't discount that the history of white Australia is one of genocide.

Not really, hasn't been a single genocide since federation and there's not going to be.

Also, the fact that genocide occured was not due to the morality of white people, but rather an imbalance of power that existed and the times people lived in.  Aboriginals in Australia simply lacked to capability to enact anything such as colonialization or genocide rather than anything resembling higher morality on their part.

In the end all races are capable of genocide and the past is the past. Saying to someone "your ancestors did bad things therefore bad things happening to you are justified" is in itself a racist statement that holds no water in todays world. 

White immigrants did not treat the native populations well upon their arrival for the most part is true but that does not mean that immigrants that won't behave in an acceptable manner in the 21st century who want to go to Canada should be allowed to.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

SlayerRondo said:
curl-6 said:

Not really, hasn't been a single genocide since federation and there's not going to be.

Also, the fact that genocide occured was not due to the morality of white people, but rather an imbalance of power that existed and the times people lived in.  Aboriginals in Australia simply lacked to capability to enact anything such as colonialization or genocide rather than anything resembling higher morality on their part.

In the end all races are capable of genocide and the past is the past. Saying to someone "your ancestors did bad things therefore bad things happening to you are justified" is in itself a racist statement that holds no water in todays world. 

White immigrants did not treat the native populations well upon their arrival for the most part is true but that does not mean that immigrants that won't behave in an acceptable manner in the 21st century who want to go to Canada should be allowed to.

Whether it was before or after Federation doesn't matter. 

And it was absolutely an issue of morality; white colonists knew exactly what they were doing when they massacred Aborigines. But they did it anyway, because they believed that murdering people of "inferior" races was justified.

And I never said "your ancestors did bad things therefore bad things happening to you are justified". I merely pointed out the inherent irony.

Around the Network

Guess the UK are a bunch of racists then. Massive topic over here. Such a boring response when called being a racist, simply when your own people should come first, full stop.

Random_Matt said:
Guess the UK are a bunch of racists then. Massive topic over here. Such a boring response when called being a racist, simply when your own people should come first, full stop.

Finally! Someone who understands this! Canadian's should take priority first, not immigrants! Same with any other country.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

barneystinson69 said:
CavemanCavan said:
I feel our country is built on immigration and I welcome every one of them. The choices you gave are racist or hateful. They are immigrants becoming Canadian therfore aren't better or worse, they are one and the same.

"No one is happy about this" is incorrect. I am happy to welcome people fleeing war zones or reuniting families.

Also Sweden is awesome.

Ummm... whenever I here this, I have one thing to correct them on. We were built on white immigration, and see how its worked. Now that we're seeing an influx of other races, its becoming a disaster. And the economy is doing terribly, so why should we need immigrants? BS excuse to buy votes by the sounds of it...

I'm sorry but f*ck you. You've made many insulting, uncalled for comments in this thread.

My father is a Canadian immigrant, and he successfully made a multi-million dollar business in Canada and I'd venture to bet that's better than your "traditional Canadian" family has done in several generations here, so don't give me that bullshit.

The economy is doing "terribly" but that has zilch to do with immigration that has everything to do with OIL PRICES, which Canada doesn't control. We are a commodity driven economy and when the price of commodities is low this is what happens and it happens like evey freaking decade so spare me the immigrant crap. 

And actually immigration is needed in Canada, we have an aging old fart population who are going to require a lot of money in medical expenses and pensions in the coming decades and since young "traditional" Canadians aren't freaking having any babies, a country with a declining aging population like that is headed for big trouble. 

The user was moderated for this post - VXIII.

Soundwave said:
barneystinson69 said:

Ummm... whenever I here this, I have one thing to correct them on. We were built on white immigration, and see how its worked. Now that we're seeing an influx of other races, its becoming a disaster. And the economy is doing terribly, so why should we need immigrants? BS excuse to buy votes by the sounds of it...

I'm sorry but f*ck you. 

My father is a Canadian immigrant, and he successfully made a multi-million dollar business in Canada. 

The economy is doing "terribly" but that has zilch to do with immigration that has everything to do with OIL PRICES, which Canada doesn't control. We are a commodity driven economy and when the price of commodities is low this is what happens and it happens like evey freaking decade so spare me the immigrant crap. 

And actually immigration is needed in Canada, we have an aging old fart population who are going to require a lot of money in medical expenses in the coming decades and since young "traditional" Canadians aren't freaking having any babies, a country with an aging population liked that is headed for big trouble. 

You know you keep giving out the short term solution, a one that's far less stable and is only good for the "PC" people. Instead of immigrating millions, perhaps its better to simply give tax incentive's so as to increase the birthrate.

This country isn't being built anymore, so why do we need immigrants? Excuses from politicans... excuses, excuses....

barneystinson69 said:
Soundwave said:

I'm sorry but f*ck you. 

My father is a Canadian immigrant, and he successfully made a multi-million dollar business in Canada. 

And actually immigration is needed in Canada, we have an aging old fart population who are going to require a lot of money in medical expenses in the coming decades and since young "traditional" Canadians aren't freaking having any babies, a country with an aging population liked that is headed for big trouble. 

You know you keep giving out the short term solution, a one that's far less stable and is only good for the "PC" people. Instead of immigrating millions, perhaps its better to simply give tax incentive's so as to increase the birthrate.

This country isn't being built anymore, so why do we need immigrants? Excuses from politicans... excuses, excuses....

A baby isn't paid for under one freaking tax cut (that would have to be one hell of a tax cut, and I don't feel like paying for it, maybe you can) that's an 18 year liability. That's not sound business policy either. 

Canada is one of the most underpopulated countries on the planet actually. Most the successful business drivers in Canada are from the Asian and South Asian communities, hate to break it to you, but "white Canadians" ain't pulling shit, they're lazy and entitled most of the time with crappy ass grades in school. Asian kids born to immigrants are outperforming them all over the place. Is that "PC" enough for you?