By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Now that we know more, Starfox Zero sales predictions

I expect lifetime sales to be...

500k or less 33 12.36%

500k - 1m 95 35.58%

1m - 1.5m 102 38.20%

Over 1.5m 37 13.86%

Total:267

Rest assured, this thread will be bumped by yours truly once the game's been out for a while, and it will be interesting to see whose predictions were most accurate.

Around the Network

I think it'll still reach 1m at least. I'll go with 1.15m. Why not.

burninmylight said:
PAOerfulone said:
Somewhere between 1-1.5 million is a safe bet.
Fans have waited 18 years for this game and the distance in time between releases could draw in some new fans to the series.

Fixed that for ya. ;)

On topic, I want to say 500k-1mil. There will be a lot of folks like myself who will buy the crap out of this game because of the aforementioned long wait, but I think the negative reaction from E3 and all those months after for that perception to stick will hurt it too. A lot of folks still have their heads in the sand or up their ass and can't be convinced that the game has come a long way since then, and probably even want to see it fail to prove themselves right.

Well, I think that with the delay and the obvious changes that have gone in to improve the game as stated by Miyamoto, it will lead to the game being much better received when it comes out.
Instead of a metacritic score around the neighborhood of 65-75 and getting a mixed reaction from fans and critics, we could be looking at around the mid 80s and a mostly positive reaction from fans and critics which will win over those consumers who were on edge about it before. Plus, since this game is relatively small in scope in comparison to say.... Xenoblade Chronicles X, that casual fans won't be asked to absorb so much and it'll be much easier for them to jump in.
As much as I absolutely love XCX, it's a type of game that demands A LOT from a player and it takes a very dedicated JRPG fan to really put a lot of time in it and buy it.
Star Fox Zero on the other hand won't require as nearly as much, I mean I can go back to Star Fox 64 any time I want and have a blast, just like I was able to immediately from the moment I started playing it. Basically, what I'm saying is because of that, I think Zero will have some legs. Maybe not Splatoon type legs, but legs.

Like around 1.2m

Well, looks like the 9% of voters who said 500k or less were right all along; the game currently stands at 410k here, and now that Switch is out, it looks like it's pretty much done and dusted.

Around the Network

what a shame.... they could have done something to push it passed 1 mil.

but the game was just OK.

so maybe lesson to be learned

Switch!!!

Those stupid gamepad controls ruined an otherwise fantastic game. No wonder it did not sell.
The Wii-U could have been a hughe sucess without this stupid tablet controller which I absolutely hate.

If you learn and accept the controls, it's actually a good game. I wouldn't have thought that it would sell under 500'000.

Now watch as Nintendo interprets these sales as people not wanting a Starfox game rather than bad design choices!

Einsam_Delphin said:
Now watch as Nintendo interprets these sales as people not wanting a Starfox game rather than bad design choices!

I think I saw a thread about Myamoto saying that they'll put more work in pikmin and starfox.

Edit: Found it! http://nintendoeverything.com/miyamoto-wants-to-put-more-energy-into-star-fox-pikmin/

OT: Considering all the backslash that this game received even way before its release, I would say the numbers are decent. With digital sales it is possible that have passed the half million mark.

We reap what we sow