By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Meet The New Cast Of Gears Of War 4

Can't wait to hear more on this game. I like how in the trailer we have it is back to the dark gritty look from Gears 1 as compared to Gears 3! This is up there with QB and Scalebound for me as my top 3 most anticipated XB1 titles!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network

Lol at the middle guy with the hipster hair cut. Man, you'd think these developers (COD BO3 did the same thing) would realize how ridiculous it looks and how fast their game will age doing stuff like that but, nope. Maybe the pressure to "hipster it up" is too great from the suits in the offices?

The D in JD probably stands for Dominic. John Dominic Fenix maybe?

Darc Requiem said:
Carl2291 said:
4th player will be a Carmine.

How are they going to do 4 player Co-Op? We all know what happens to Carmine's?

Same way South Park handles Kenny's death.

Ka-pi96 said:
This raises a few questions...

Why only 3 characters? Gears always used to have 4, has it changed or is there 1 more that they want to keep secret for now?

Why did Marcus name his kid JD? It's cool that we'll be playing as his kid, but surely he could have come up with a better name?

the last one is the guy that ever dies

Around the Network
EspadaGrim said:
Darc Requiem said:

That's cold man. Poor Carmine

Yeah https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_rg2jUasuM

Damn I didn't know they did that

Wow i'm a huge gears fan but shifted towards ps4. When Gears 4 was announced I got so pissed.

HandofPrometheus said:
Wow i'm a huge gears fan but shifted towards ps4. When Gears 4 was announced I got so pissed.

Did you think that Microsoft would stop releasing Gears of War games?! They created a studio just for that franchise to keep going.

O.P. I like the new characters, i hope they are investing more in the story in comparison with previous games, which was basically "You are good, they are bad, kill them". It looks like they are going for a more "realistic" tone.

AEGRO said:

O.P. I like the new characters, i hope they are investing more in the story in comparison with previous games, which was basically "You are good, they are bad, kill them". It looks like they are going for a more "realistic" tone.

That's...not really the case. While the first game didn't really develop on story much (and I could certainly concede that "hey, those are monsters, this planet is ours, let's take it back" situation), the second game explored the themes of the lives of the Locust and the civil war they were having among the lambent ones, as well as meeting the Queen and finding out she's human, while altogether realizing that the only way to defeat them is by sacrificing what little the humans had left. Ultimately, the third game toyed with the idea that the Locust were the ones with the right to have the planet for themselves, and that humans weren't any better than them. One of the key characters, Marcus Dad, tried to save them because he realized they weren't bad to begin with. The Locust Queen, on the other hand, chastize humans for all the destruction they've brought throughout the games in order to make themselves feel better.

I mean, sure, the stories in GeoW2 and 3 aren't going to win any script awards or anything, but they're much better than standard stuff, for sure. I personally think the stories in GeoW far surpass the ones in Halo, at least where the videogames are concerned.

AlfredoTurkey said:
Lol at the middle guy with the hipster hair cut. Man, you'd think these developers (COD BO3 did the same thing) would realize how ridiculous it looks and how fast their game will age doing stuff like that but, nope. Maybe the pressure to "hipster it up" is too great from the suits in the offices?

um...wut?