By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Amiibo is the worst thing to happen this generation

Tagged games:

What do you think about it?

Amiibo = shit 179 29.88%

Amiibo = meh 152 25.38%

Amiibo = love 167 27.88%

BraLoD = hater 51 8.51%

BraLoD slept with Sanic 50 8.35%

Total:599
BraLoD said:
Goodnightmoon said:

So after ignoring my question twice, I guess you are buying them then?

because then you would be complaining about what you think is a problem at the same time you are being a fundamental part of that problem. You are cleaning your mind complaining then?

Looks coherent. When I think something is bad I dont buy it. Call me weird.

Which question? Read the OP dude, I'm not going to dive into your spins, deal with it, deal with reality.

Again, spinning things away won't solve anything, stop convincing yourselve with your on twists that you are actually bringing anything here, you are just going off-topic and trying to avoid looking with any kind of harm for your "precious thing".

For f*** sake, stop being ridiculous and having a conversation on your on, I'll not be accepting it anymore and you trying to merge me with it, seriously, just stop, it's going way too much off-topic and personal, deal with reality, get out of that ilusion conversation you are having with yourself.

"I guess you are buying them then" LOL, where do you even take your ideas from.
"you think is a problem at the same time you are being a fundamental part of the problem"
Then "Looks coherent".

You create your on reality, your own conversation and your own outcome to something that never happened and call it a day to feel like you are actually winning an argument, that's not normal dude, seriously.

Anyway, enough of this.

Ok, enough of this.

I just have a different perspective about it and I dont understand why so many people that hates them buy them anyways, but sorry if I sounded offensive.

Around the Network

I don't know, I just buy them for my son. He loves them! We don't have a Wii U though, also no N3DS or any other compatible hardware. So yeah, he's just playing with them as if they were action figures or something. =D

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Amiibo aren't the worst thing to happen this gen.

The success of Ammibo is the worst thing to happen this gen.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Indeed, that's because amiibo are the only bad practice that happened this gen, while others persists since last gen. Well, i did my part, I don't pretend to buy any of these. The content behind an amiibo is nothing ground breaking to give a damn

We reap what we sow

DivinePaladin said:
Wasn't UFO incredibly overpowered in an already easy game? I don't really see any inherent problem with an unnecessary ability being locked behind an unnecessary toy in an otherwise complete game.

As a whole amiibo have been UNDERused in terms of content. If anything that's the problem, that these figures have very little in terms of meaningful content, and most if not all content thus far has been useless abilities like this. That's the problem, not us being over upset about a minor ability that utterly breaks the already easy game.

This is where the issue lies in amiibo. It's intended purpose is to create a unique added experience to games or help games be more interactive. Unfortunately, we don't know that fine line at times (Nintendo is a bit guilty of that as well). Super Mario Maker looks great in terms of amiibo use, but even then, it kinda makes amiibo useless because there are other costumes that can't be unlocked with amiibo. All you're getting are the smash bros, Mario, Splatoon, and animal crossing costumes for 8-bit gameplay. It's tough to gauge because most of the time, casual consumers don't care enough about the content behind amiibo and like the figures as figures (which are mostly great in quality). 

Personally, in terms of Kirby, I really don't mind because the UFO is mostly temporary as a transformation in Nightmare in Dream Land and it's particularly OP because you can basically fly through the level, use long and short range attacks, and not worry too much about enemies. It's so good that the ability is not around when you face a big boss or something. For the amiibo, it'll most likely stay the same in terms of ability so it'll make an easy game a little too easy.

Around the Network
Ruler said:

Positives = its physical, you can resell it and get a figure
Negatives = its still DLC and Microtransactions in some cases

Except people keep forgetting that amiibo DLC is usually just a neat add-on. It has almost no impact on the actual game. Amiibos don't lock maps, characters, and so on. All they have are costumes, extra stage(for Twilight Princess), abilities, and so forth. Whether you get amiibos or not does not decrease(or increase) the quality of the games.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Yeah, fuck amiibo. Unfortunately, it's only going to get worse with the NX. I'm 100% sure of that.

Nintendo fans will always take a bullet for Nintendo, trust me, any other company doing this and they will be against it.

The most aggravating thing to me is that there's no cheaper alternative. I keep saying this, but I don't see why there's no cheaper alternative like amiibo cards variations of all the amiibo. I should be able to just buy a $3 set of the four kirby amiibo cards if I only care about the content.

Also, it's extremely scummy of Nintendo to make the Smash bros Amiibo of Kirby, Dedede, and Metaknight work differently from the Kirby set amiibo. What a slap in the face.

I, at first, thought this was an overreaction.

Then you mentioned Pokémon. At that point, things became serious business.

If Pokémon get locked behind an Amiibo paywall, shit is going down.

Also, BraLoD slept with sanic and he was the one that was fast.