By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Amiibo is the worst thing to happen this generation

Tagged games:

What do you think about it?

Amiibo = shit 179 29.88%

Amiibo = meh 152 25.38%

Amiibo = love 167 27.88%

BraLoD = hater 51 8.51%

BraLoD slept with Sanic 50 8.35%

Total:599
BraLoD said:
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
To be honest, I dislike any kind of DLC.

I miss the days when I could unlock everything in any game just by playing it instead of buying extra content.

That's even worse because it's not extra content, it's content you had on previous games, now locked behind a toy.

The Amiibo exclusive ability wasnt in previous games

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

It's the shittiest form of DLC alright, on top of being day one it's also physical!

I don't care about season passes or pre-order bonuses but locking content behind an overpriced crappy ass figurine is just fucking stupid ...

BraLoD said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Yup, lets start another shitstorm because a single hability out of 30 or 40 is unlocked with an amiibo.

I mean I dont like it, I agree with you. But is ONE hability. In a game where you are constantly changing habilities... "worst thing of the generation" lol

I think is pretty reasonable specially seeing all those new cool habilities that are NOT locked, maybe they did the kirby UFO transformation but later they didnt add any enemie to give you that power and they leaved it as an amiibo plus? Maybe is too overpowered? I mean, is weird that more strange ones are into the game, like the doctor one lol.

I don't care if is one or ten, they are ripping something that was already in the other games just so they can sell it to you for a plus, and with a physical object, it's not even a 50¢ unlock, it's a $13 figurine just so you can have something that was always there.

It is not reasonable nor acceptable, companies ripping things away from you is never good, and you should not accept it or try to make amends because now is Nintendo doing it, if you don't stand against it the only one being harmed if you, the consumer.

People have to stop putting companies over their own rights.

No, it was not present on Triple Deluxe, i didnt saw you complaining there. But again is just the logic of better if doesnt exist than if exists on amiibo, wich I still think is ... a bit dumb.

But I dont like it either anyways, so im not buying the amiibo instead of making a shitstorm about such a lame thing. But are you buying the amiibo?

Because is amazing the number of people that complains about amiibo and meanwhile they buy them all, I mean, is a way to clean the mind or somehting like that? 

BraLoD said:
Goodnightmoon said:

No, it was not present on Triple Deluxe, i didnt saw you complaining there.

So? It's not a new ability, I played with it during Nightmare in Dreamland on the GBA.

"I didn't saw you complaining there" what does it have to do with contect lock and what I have been complaining here, stop being like that, stop acting to protect Nintendo over yourself, it's absurd, respect yourself.

No, you make it sound like this hability was on triple deluxe, but it wasnt, and what about all the new habilities that have never been in any kirby before? Nah, lets talk about the single one you cant, because that is completley ruining your experience and is the worst thing this gen. OK.

Again, are you buying the amiibo?

Yeah, locking one hability is a pretty big deal. Let's forget this gen about the expensive season packs priced like a new game, the ridiculous amount of awful PC ports, the number of really awful third party ports on the WiiU, pay-to-win games, playing with people's expectations with a great trailer to suffer a massive downgrade afterwards, games which lack polish at launch with a great number of bugs...

But locking things like one hability in Kirby, one meaningless dungeon in TP:HD and some fucking costumes is a really big deal. Not good, but really, not the worst this gen by miles.

Another day, another Nintendo rant. 1$ for each one and I'll be really, really rich. 

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Goodnightmoon said:

No, you make it sound like this hability was on triple deluxe, but it wasnt, and what about all the new habilities that have never been  in any kirby before? Nah, lets talk about the single one you cant, because that is completley ruining your experience. OK.

What the fuck are you even trying to push here?
I can't believe how you try to spin things out to dismiss the point of stuff you clearly don't want to look at.
You can try to throw it as much as you like on me, it's easier that way, it always is, but even if you choose to close your eyes it'll not chance what is happening here, your spins won't make any difference, putting rose-tinted googles won't do any good and not looking to problems will actually make them grow further, Nintendo is scaming you with something that was already in a previous game behind a physical object that's fucking expensive if you just want the content, day one.

Plain and simple, but keep trying, I wonder when you'll realise that are people like you who pretend everything is fine and should be accepted from Nintendo that is training them to keep getting worse and worse, in the end, the one losing more and more is you, once you start realising that it may be already too late, then you may want to start complaing, but it won't help anymore.

So after ignoring my question twice, I guess you are buying them then?

Because then you would be complaining about what you think is a problem at the same time you are being a fundamental part of that problem. You are cleaning your mind complaining then?

When I think something is bad I dont buy it. Call me weird. Specially if its the "worst thing of the generation".

Wasn't UFO incredibly overpowered in an already easy game? I don't really see any inherent problem with an unnecessary ability being locked behind an unnecessary toy in an otherwise complete game.

As a whole amiibo have been UNDERused in terms of content. If anything that's the problem, that these figures have very little in terms of meaningful content, and most if not all content thus far has been useless abilities like this. That's the problem, not us being over upset about a minor ability that utterly breaks the already easy game.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

BraLoD said:
Volterra_90 said:

Yeah, locking one hability is a pretty big deal. Let's forget this gen about the expensive season packs priced like a new game, the ridiculous amount of awful PC ports, the number of really awful third party ports on the WiiU, pay-to-win games, playing with people's expectations with a great trailer to suffer a massive downgrade afterwards, games which lack polish at launch with a great number of bugs...

But locking things like one hability in Kirby, one meaningless dungeon in TP:HD and some fucking costumes is a really big deal. Not good, but really, not the worst this gen by miles.

Another day, another Nintendo rant. 1$ for each one and I'll be really, really rich. 

The sad thing is that you really believe this is a Nintendo rant, when this is actually for a better Nintendo and for a better future for people gaming with it. You guys get so overprotective you just start blending reality with excuses to not to look at things. It's only bad for you.

Ripping content day one from a game to sell behind an expensive physical object format as a plus it's horrible.

I wonder what your past self would think about things like that, the one playing on the age of the amazing SNES.

But it's fine, I must be a Nintendo hater indeed, that's the obvious conclusion to me getting mad with a bad practice coming from them.
*Sigh*

Well, the point is that amiibos are not even close to being the worst thing to happen this gen. They are extra stuff, the game won't be unplayable if you don't have them.

That's not the case with games that are broken from release, something that worries me way more. Do you see what happened to Batman Arkham Knight for example?

If were going to turn a blind eye to Amiibo's then maybe I can't arsed to trust anyone anymore on the judgement of paid extra content ...

It's bad enough parroting what is and isn't good value but in my eyes no one has the right to recommend in general what is good or bad value if their NOT going to uphold their standards!

BraLoD said:

The sad thing is that you really believe this is a Nintendo rant, when this is actually for a better Nintendo and for a better future for people gaming with it. You guys get so overprotective you just start blending reality with excuses to not to look at things. It's only bad for you.

Ripping content day one from a game to sell behind an expensive physical object format as a plus it's horrible.

I wonder what your past self would think about things like that, the one playing on the age of the amazing SNES.

But it's fine, I must be a Nintendo hater indeed, that's the obvious conclusion to me getting mad with a bad practice coming from them.
*Sigh*

I agree with you in that Amiibos are not well handled sometimes. And I obviously dislike locking things into Amiibos. But "the worst thing that happened this gen"? C'mon! It's bad, but the worst? You know that this gen has had some pretty awful shit, that Amiibos don't reach by miles. I got tired of playing some games that have plenty of bugs at launch. I got tired of paying for a PC game to see that it's really an awful, lazy console port with no effort in it. I got tired of playing a game I have to pay more to be good. I got tired of expensive season passes which I'm suposed to buy to have all the content.

One question: do you play games outside Nintendo environment? Honest question, I'm not implying anything. I'm asking you because I started this gen as a Nintendo/PC gamer, and I saw/play some very, very fucked up shit this gen. I felt insulted. I had to ask for a refund... like 20 times because the game didn't work properly, when my PC obviously could handled them perfectly. That experience was definitely the worst I've ever had in gaming.