By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Amiibo is the worst thing to happen this generation

Tagged games:

What do you think about it?

Amiibo = shit 179 29.88%

Amiibo = meh 152 25.38%

Amiibo = love 167 27.88%

BraLoD = hater 51 8.51%

BraLoD slept with Sanic 50 8.35%

Total:599

I used to think like that until I bought my Captain Falcon amiibo! How can I say it's the worst thing to come out of this generation when he looks so fucking cool? I'm sorry man I'm not with you on this one .

PS: Fitting tagged game

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

It´s bad.
I wish Nintendo developed a single game to throw all amiibos there and left the rest out of it.
Some kind of Nintendo Skylanders or Infinity.

It would still sell well because what people want is the figures standing on their shelves and games wouldn´t suffer because of it.

Yup. I think it's worse than DLC, it usually offers next to nothing if you consider the price tag. Ok, you get a figure, but still, it's a shitty way to sell me $5 worth of dlc packing it with $10 extra cost for the figure. They could let it go both ways: either pay $ 5 for the dlc, or pay $15 and get the toy and the dlc.

Pavolink said:
You can unlock majority of the costumes in SMM without amiibo. So it is false the without amiibo that content would have not been in the game.

Except Takashi Tezuka himself said that the costumes from different franchises were an idea they implemented when they were looking for something to add to amiibo, those costumes were going to be exclusive to the toy until few months before the release, but at the end they decided to have it unlocked because they though most fans would love them.

The exact opposite of what you said

So amiibo was actually the reason why those costumes from other games exist even when they are not locked at the end. Worst thing of the generation.

...reminds me why I don't comment on these forums much anymore forgot how whiny people can be at times

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
Pavolink said:
You can unlock majority of the costumes in SMM without amiibo. So it is false the without amiibo that content would have not been in the game.

Except Takashi Tezuka himself said that the costumes from different franchises were an idea they implemented when they were looking for something to add to amiibo, those costumes were going to be exclusive to the toy until few months before the release, but at the end they decided to have it unlocked because they though most fans would love them.

So amiibo was actually the reason why those costumes from other games exist even when they are not locked at the end. Worst thing of the generation.

And you believe them, lol. That's why we are in a terrible situation now. You will be defending them if the new content given for free in the remake of Super Mario 64 for DS was locked behind an amiibo.

pedromr said:
Yup. I think it's worse than DLC, it usually offers next to nothing if you consider the price tag. Ok, you get a figure, but still, it's a shitty way to sell me $5 worth of dlc packing it with $10 extra cost for the figure. They could let it go both ways: either pay $ 5 for the dlc, or pay $15 and get the toy and the dlc.

I'm interested in the Ganondorf mode for TPHD but won't buy an overpriced feature because of a useless toy.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
Goodnightmoon said:

And you believe them, lol. That's why we are in a terrible situation now. You will be defending them if the new content given for free in the remake of Super Mario 64 for DS was locked behind an amiibo.

pedromr said:

I'm interested in the Ganondorf mode for TPHD but won't buy an overpriced feature because of a useless toy.

Why would I not believe them when it makes full sense? lol, you are the one who love to find any reason to hate about, it doesnt matter how wrong you are you are always trying to think about the worst intentions possible even when they barely make any sense. 

The amiibo costums is so clearly based on amiibo, you dont have to be a genious to see where the motivations for that content comes from. But sure it was nothing related to amiibo lol.

Goodnightmoon said:
Pavolink said:

Why would I not believe them when it makes full sense? lol, you are the one who love to find any reason to hate about, it doesnt matter how wrong you are you are always trying to think about the worst intentions possible even when they barely make any sense at all.

I don't have to find anything to hate. I'm just capable of understanding how companies work and when it benefits me as a consumer, or when they do practices that affect me, like amiibo.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Why would I not believe them when it makes full sense? lol, you are the one who love to find any reason to hate about, it doesnt matter how wrong you are you are always trying to think about the worst intentions possible even when they barely make any sense at all.

I don't have to find anything to hate. I'm just capable of understanding how companies work and when it benefits me as a consumer, or when they do practices that affect me, like amiibo.

No you only think on the worst possible intentions and scenarios and automatially you believe they are true, but they are just in your head and you are an pessimistic per nature, and thats what pessimistic people do, they are sure they worst fears are always real.

Pavolink said:
Goodnightmoon said:

No you only think on the worst possible intentions and scenarios and automatially you believe they are true, but most of them are just in your head because probably you are a pessimistic per nature, and thats what pessimistic people do, they are sure their fears are always real.