By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Amiibo is the worst thing to happen this generation

Tagged games:

What do you think about it?

Amiibo = shit 179 29.88%

Amiibo = meh 152 25.38%

Amiibo = love 167 27.88%

BraLoD = hater 51 8.51%

BraLoD slept with Sanic 50 8.35%

Total:599
Goodnightmoon said:
Pavolink said:

I don't have to find anything to hate. I'm just capable of understanding how companies work and when it benefits me as a consumer, or when they do practices that affect me, like amiibo.

No you only think on the worst possible intentions and scenarios and automatially you believe they are true, but most of them are just in your head because you are a pessimistic per nature, and thats what pessimistic people do, they are sure their worst fears are always real.

Not pessimistic, realistic. I said NX was 2016, and it's most likely. I said Zelda delayed for NX, and rumors points to it. I said amiibo cut content, and it was right: 1/3 of Mario Party, the only new content in TPHD and an entire Animal Crossing about amiibo.

You believe I'm pessimitic because you love to defend them, no matter how bad are they mistakes.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

-Doble post-

Pavolink said:
Goodnightmoon said:

No you only think on the worst possible intentions and scenarios and automatially you believe they are true, but most of them are just in your head because you are a pessimistic per nature, and thats what pessimistic people do, they are sure their worst fears are always real.

Not pessimistic, realistic. I said NX was 2016, and it's most likely. I said Zelda delayed for NX, and rumors points to it. I said amiibo cut content, and it was right: 1/3 of Mario Party, the only new content in TPHD and an entire Animal Crossing about amiibo.

You believe I'm pessimitic because you love to defend them, no matter how bad are they mistakes.

All pessimistic say they are realistic.

You are using demagogy again, I'm gonna use just one game as an exemple: Mario Party 10 is widely considered the worst use of amiibo and I agree, however it doesnt have 1/3 of the content cut, that is an extremely simplistic analisis, you see 3 modes and one is locked so its a 1/3 But is not, the main mode of the game is like 20 times bigger in all senses to the amiibo mode, in amiibo mode you only have extremely little and generic boards, nothing compared to the huge main mode, and Bowser mode was also way bigger in content, apart from being 100 times better in terms of quality and fun, the amiibo mode doesnt represents more than a 10% of the game, and I'm being very generious there, and this mode was completely though and made around amiibo, it was an extra layer of content that previous Mario party didnt had (and Mario party 10 already had a non-amiibo new mode that previous MP didnt had). So no, 1/3 is only a lie you make to have a reason to hate even more, and it sounds bad enough so people can believe you without analyze.

And that is just one example of what you always do with every game, you twist things to make it sound like they support your pessimistic pov to the people that is not interested on use their brains to see how much of that is true.

And what about all the times you have been wrong being pessimistic? because when you are constantly throwing shit to a wall some of them are gonna stick.

Goodnightmoon said:
Pavolink said:

You are using demagogy again, I'm gonna use just one game as an exemple: Mario Party 10 is widely considered the worst use of amiibo and I agree, however it doesnt have 1/3 of the content cut, that is an extremely simplistic analisis, you see 3 modes and one is locked so its a 1/3 But is not, the main mode of the game is like 20 times bigger in all senses to the amiibo mode, in amiibo mode you only have extremely little and generic boards, nothing compared to the huge main mode, and Bowser mode was also way bigger in content, apart from being 100 times better in terms of quality and fun, the amiibo mode doesnt represents more than a 10% of the game, and I'm being very generious there, and this mode was completely though and made around amiibo, it was an extra layer of content that previous Mario party didnt had (and Mario party 10 already had a non-amiibo new mode that previous MP didnt had). So no, 1/3 is only a lie you make to have a reason to hate even more, and it sounds bad enough so people can believe you without analyze.

And that is just one example of what you always do with every game, you twist things to make it sound like they support your pessimistic pov to the people that is not interested on use their brains to see how much of that is true.

And what about all the times you have been wrong being pessimistic? because when you are constantly throwing shit to a wall some of them are gonna stick.

Like in which times I have been wrong?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I know that the physical version of Twilight Princess HD comes with the Wolf Link Amiibo in North America (not so sure about the rest), but the amount of content cut for Amiibo in that game is nothing compared to Mario Party 10 and the Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival game (although Amiibo Festival comes with a couple Amiibo iirc).

Anyway, my view towards the Amiibo is meh. There are times when they are used well like Smash Bros and Super Mario Maker (where they are purely optional to use) and other times where they end up cutting content off from people who don't have certain Amiibo.

Around the Network

So who is going to start the petition to Nintendo to stop creating content for Amiibo? If they remove the NFC perhaps they will be one or two dollars cheaper and people won't have anything to bitch about. I'm sure they will find something of course like "why didn't they create (insert whatever)" well little Jimmy the answer is people who wouldn't buy them didn't want those that would to get extra content. Win win right?

Nintendo gamer's have let Nintendo get away with murder over the last decade. The quality of Nintendo games have gone out the window and replaced with it is a nonstop practice of cheap cash ins. I remember the days when Nintendo was known for great NEW exclusive and innovative titles. Now its just rehashes of past glory days, over and over again. There is a way out though. Nintendo gamers needs to talk with their wallets...... Stop purchasing them.

pros:
-is a figure!
-you can resell
-is not game specific: can work in lots of games.
DLC and microtransactions will never be like this.

sabastian said:
Nintendo gamer's have let Nintendo get away with murder over the last decade. The quality of Nintendo games have gone out the window and replaced with it is a nonstop practice of cheap cash ins. I remember the days when Nintendo was known for great NEW exclusive and innovative titles. Now its just rehashes of past glory days, over and over again. There is a way out though. Nintendo gamers needs to talk with their wallets...... Stop purchasing them.

Nintendo fans do vote with their wallets hence why games like Amiibo Festival & Ultra Smash bombed. They were rushed titles lacking content or complete cash grabs. On the other hand, games that were seen as unique, quality titles that were promised to be supported with constant updates like Splatoon & Mario Maker did very well.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Pavolink said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Like in which times I have been wrong?

He literally just wrote a huge paragraph explaining why u were wrong about Mario Party 10.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.