By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ignored Nintendo Direct game

Azuren said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Then I wonder why was everybody so excited when we had a "date" release for The Last Guardian.

Because The Last Guardian isn't the 16th Team Ico game, and because Team Ico is two for two so far on cult classics whereas I (personally) can only name a handful of FE titles.

yeah because this is the 16th SMTxFire Emblem game -_-

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
Azuren said:

Because The Last Guardian isn't the 16th Team Ico game, and because Team Ico is two for two so far on cult classics whereas I (personally) can only name a handful of FE titles.

More and more excuses.

Don't blame me for the Internet having more care over a Team Ico game than a Fire Emblem game.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

97alexk said:
Azuren said:

yeah because this is the 16th SMTxFire Emblem game -_-

I've met very few people who care about the SMT part. Most are excited about "that Fire Emblem crossover".

Valdath said:

I understand.

The Wii U is getting like 4 games this year, so people will defend this at all cost, even when it looks like a generic japanese idol game, there's hundreds of them in Japan.

There's a reason nobody bought this, you never mix pop idol stuff with actual good franchises.

Seriously this game looks like one of those Vita JRPGs, you know what im talking about.

It's sad, we could have gotten a 3D dungeon explorer with tactical JRPG combat, SMT demons and a good story about i dunno post apocalyptic Tokyo...

Instead we geet teens singing about their feelings and dancing while "fighting".

I'm serious, who actually thought this game was a good idea.

Did you play any Persona game? Because you must know that even in that high-school environment, there's so much more than meets the eye. And this being an Atlus game, I'm 99% sure that there's much more to it than just "pop idol stuff". What I expect is very much what you said above:

"It's sad, we could have gotten a 3D dungeon explorer with tactical JRPG combat, SMT demons and a good story about i dunno post apocalyptic Tokyo..."

SMT demons are pretty much FE characters. Mixed that with the triangle battle system of FE. With a good story about mass music industry. I mean, I'm sure that it's not what it looks, and that's what I really like about Atlus games. I'll try not to jump to conclusions and see what is this game about finally. But, well, I think you're trying to simplify the game. But I'm open to discuss about it if you have proper sources about this.

Azuren said:
Goodnightmoon said:

More and more excuses.

Don't blame me for the Internet having more care over a Team Ico game than a Fire Emblem game.

Last time I checked FE Awakening outsold ICO and Shadow of the colossus... combined. lol

Oh, and it had better reviews than both too

But yeah FE is insignificant compared to mighty Team ICO...

I would say that TLG became a internet MEME, and thats why the internet is so crazy, their MEME about the impossible game that is never released, the eternal promise, is already here. But I'm not buying memes I'm buying games and this looks like a very good one, so why cant we be excited?

Around the Network
97alexk said:
Valdath said:

I understand.

The Wii U is getting like 4 games this year, so people will defend this at all cost, even when it looks like a generic japanese idol game, there's hundreds of them in Japan.

There's a reason nobody bought this, you never mix pop idol stuff with actual good franchises.

Seriously this game looks like one of those Vita JRPGs, you know what im talking about.

It's sad, we could have gotten a 3D dungeon explorer with tactical JRPG combat, SMT demons and a good story about i dunno post apocalyptic Tokyo...

Instead we geet teens singing about their feelings and dancing while "fighting".

Your statement can be said about literally anything . ''Just a generic (insert genre here)'' No, a very few people think like you do. Most are excited about this game and i cant wait to play it, and from i heard it actually has a really good story. And i dont think im defending it because the lack of Wii U games this year, its just i dont like spoiled brats who complain about everything they get. I miss the old times where people actually complained and used that energy for real problems

"Most are excited about this game and i cant wait to play it"

I highly doubt that, i still remember the shitstorm when they showed the actual game.

But i guess at the end of the day it's all about taste, some like Idol pop games and some don't.

Goodnightmoon said:

Last time I checked FE Awakening outsold ICO and Shadow of the colossus... combined. lol

Nailed it. Thinking that people expect more an ICO game than a FE game nowadays is just unrealistic if we look at the proper numbers. I won't deny that Shadow of the Colossus is a masterpiece, and it's one of my favourite games. Simply breathtaking. It's a cult classic, but people didn't exactly run for it. FE is growing in popularity, Fates is going to outsold Awakening, and TLG still has to prove that is more expected than a new FE game. 

To the post above, you're over simplifying the game saying it's just about pop idols. But, hey, as you wish.

Goodnightmoon said:
Azuren said:

Except we're not talking about any of those games? Why are you trying to rationalize hype comparison of two games by bringing up the sales of previous games in their respective series?

Azuren said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Except we're not talking about any of those games? Why are you trying to rationalize hype comparison of two games by bringing up the sales of previous games in their respective series?

Are you kidding me?

You are the one that said that nobody cares about FE because there were a lot of them. But everybody cares about Team Ico.

And read the rest of the comment too.

Volterra_90 said:
Valdath said:

I understand.

Did you play any Persona game? Because you must know that even in that high-school environment, there's so much more than meets the eye. And this being an Atlus game, I'm 99% sure that there's much more to it than just "pop idol stuff". What I expect is very much what you said above:

"It's sad, we could have gotten a 3D dungeon explorer with tactical JRPG combat, SMT demons and a good story about i dunno post apocalyptic Tokyo..."

SMT demons are pretty much FE characters. Mixed that with the triangle battle system of FE. With a good story about mass music industry. I mean, I'm sure that it's not what it looks, and that's what I really like about Atlus games. I'll try not to jump to conclusions and see what is this game about finally. But, well, I think you're trying to simplify the game. But I'm open to discuss about it if you have proper sources about this.

I mean i'm not saying the game is bad, it's probably good if the reviews are true.

My issue being a Fire Emblem & SMT fan is that this game doesn't appeal to me at all, i don't understand who thought this was a good idea.

It's like making a Dark Souls dancing spin-off, sure many people enjoy dancing games, but how many actual Dark Souls fans enjoy dancing games? what's the point of using an IP for a game that's so different? IMO the only thing you get is angry fans. Exactly like what happened with Federation Force.

And the worst part is that the japanese idol fan gamers didn't even buy Genei Ibun Roku, so...again what was the point, this game already failed.

I'm sure the game has solid JRPG elements and the music is good if you enjoy that type of music i guess, but i just can't get past the setting.

For the record i don't like Persona either.

I hope the few people that will buy this game enjoy it though.