By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ignored Nintendo Direct game

IkePoR said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Reviews of Tokyo#FE are pretty good.

Reviews of The Last Guardian are not, because nobody has played it.

Cute.  Now tell me the sales.

Are we talking about good games? Or are we talking about top sellers? So seldom are the two interchangeable... 

Hint: I'm not saying that "The Last Guardian" won't be great - just that the sales won't make it so. 

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Around the Network

The game won't be translated from Japanese, so fuck it.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I thought this was a thread about Rhythm Heaven, the true forgotten game of this Direct.

Jumpin said:
The game won't be translated from Japanese, so fuck it.

Yes it will. Is the voices what still are japanese.

Goodnightmoon said:
Boutros said:

Except the game was announced over 3 years ago and has been part of Nintendo's lineup every year since. It's hard to get excited for it at this point. I mean I'll play it but I stopped waiting for it a long while ago.

Then I wonder why was everybody so excited when we had a "date" release for The Last Guardian.

The excitement for The Last Guardian is actually pretty tame exactly because it's been so long. Same goes for games like FFXV or Mirror's Edge 2. At the same point in time the hype for FFXIII was through the roof and a sequel to Mirror's Edge would have been highly anticipated five years ago.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
IkePoR said:

Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensi are brand names that sell millions of copies of games.

Stop it.

Thats false, there hasnt been a single SMT million seller. And before Fates, I think only awakening reached that.

And this game is Tokyo Miracle Sessions#FE, it doesnt look, feel or play like those games, is just inspired on them.

And my point was that your sales argument is pointless, sales and quality are not the same.

And my point is, with Fire Emblem being so much more popular, why isn't this game selling better?  

I digress because reguardless, it looks pretty terribly bad and I'm clearly not alone.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Boutros said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Then I wonder why was everybody so excited when we had a "date" release for The Last Guardian.

The excitement for The Last Guardian is actually pretty tame exactly because it's been so long. Same goes for games like FFXV or Mirror's Edge 2. At the same point in time the hype for FFXIII was through the roof and a sequel to Mirror's Edge would have been highly anticipated five years ago.

But if anybody makes a conference and they announce TLG or FFXV is gonna be released on June 24th that hype would be revived pretty soon.

I thought you were talking about that horse-poker game on the american Direct. What is that?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Edwardooo said:
I thought this was a thread about Rhythm Heaven, the true forgotten game of this Direct.

Nah, its just such a definite buy for everyone, so theres no need talking about it

IkePoR said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Thats false, there hasnt been a single SMT million seller. And before Fates, I think only awakening reached that.

And this game is Tokyo Miracle Sessions#FE, it doesnt look, feel or play like those games, is just inspired on them.

And my point was that your sales argument is pointless, sales and quality are not the same.

And my point is, with Fire Emblem being so much more popular, why isn't this game selling better?  

I digress because reguardless, it looks pretty terribly bad and I'm clearly not alone.

No it doesnt look bad at all, combat system looks really good, the game is pretty, it has the Atlus taste for style and the music is awesome. is not your cup of tea? Maybe, it looks awfull? Not even close.

And again this game has almost nothing to do with Fire Emblem, the gameplay is completely different, and you are comparing a long time stablished franchise that didnt crack 1 milion until the last game and released on a console with 60m of users with a spin off that, as I said, looks, feels and plays different and is released on a console with 12m of users. Is a nonsense comparation.