By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ignored Nintendo Direct game

IkePoR said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Reviews of Tokyo#FE are pretty good.

Reviews of The Last Guardian are not, because nobody has played it.

Cute.  Now tell me the sales.

Probably TLG will be 10 times worse than the last COD since is likely gonna sell 10 times worse. Is that how it works, right?

I used to believe sales and quality were not the same though... and I would say I have seen more people here excited for TLG than for COD, how is that possible? 

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
KLXVER said:

Because they thought it might have been cancelled?

Didnt we though this game would be cancelled after 2 years of silence?

Wasnt some people worried that the game could be not localized because it bomebed in Japan?

I thought it was a relief when they said it was coming in june to NA and Europe.

Well people were excited when they saw it wasnt cancelled. I guess people just lost interest...I dont know.

Goodnightmoon said:
IkePoR said:

Cute.  Now tell me the sales.

Probably TLG will be 10 times worse than the last COD since is likely gonna sell 10 times worse. Is that how it works, right?

I used to believe sales and quality were not the same though... and I would say I have seen more people here excited for TLG than for COD, how is that possible? 

Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensi are brand names that sell millions of copies of games.

Stop it.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Boutros said:

Except the game was announced over 3 years ago and has been part of Nintendo's lineup every year since. It's hard to get excited for it at this point. I mean I'll play it but I stopped waiting for it a long while ago.

Pretty much this and I already preorded it lol. So wha is there to talk about at this point lol.

The fuck is this thread?? O_O

Around the Network
IkePoR said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensi are brand names that sell millions of copies of games.

Stop it.

Shin Megami Tensei games never sold millions of copies, with the only exception being Persona 4 Golden, and the sema can be said for Fire Emblem, with the exception of Awakening and Fates.

Stop this, this is getting ridiculous.And not only that, it could be considered flamming, so stop before you get a ban.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

People got excited with the announcement of the release date for Tokyo Sessions(me included).Its just that we have seen already alot of this game, and the other parts of the direct made the overall reception feel... lukewarm.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
IkePoR said:

Stop it.

Shin Megami Tensei games never sold millions of copies, with the only exception being Persona 4 Golden, and the sema can be said for Fire Emblem, with the exception of Awakening and Fates.

Stop this, this is getting ridiculous.And not only that, it could be considered flamming, so stop before you get a ban.

I stand corrected.

Please explain how disagreeing with someone is flamming.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

When the game was "revived" like a year ago it was recieved with fairly big excitement. The trailer on Youtube arrived to 700k views, a similar number to the "Exploration Trailer" of Xenoblade Chronicles X. That's a lot for a game like this.

Where did all the excitement go? Well, to begin with, Shin Megami Tensei (don't be mistaken with Persona) fanbase is not that big. Fire Emblem community is bigger, but the game don't seem to have that much Fire Emblem on it. Second, the game is too damn japanese. The idol thing went too far for the taste of many people who were excited for the idea of this crossover. Third, Nintendo hasn't talked too much about the game. Not like Xenoblade, who always was getting trailers, information, musical themes... Not with this one.

IkePoR said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Stop it.

Thats false, there hasnt been a single SMT million seller. And before Fates, I think only awakening reached that.

And this game is Tokyo Miracle Sessions#FE, it doesnt look, feel or play like those games, is just inspired on them.

And my point was that your sales argument is pointless, sales and quality are not the same.