By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

What do you think will get better support?

Ps4 322 58.02%

PC 168 30.27%

Results 65 11.71%

Total:555

PS4 is not powerful enough to support impressive games on VR so PC

Around the Network
Uabit said:

This is exactly what I was wondering. Apparently VR requires a lot of processing power. Each frame, the image needs to be rendered twice, and the framerate needs to be higher (at least solid 60 FPS, and preferably 90 FPS). Oh, and resolution needs to be high too (1080p per eye is probably decent, but a bit on the low side).

Some reading on the requirements:

So yeah, I somewhat doubt that on consoles we're going to be seeing a lot of VR games that core gamers would be interested in. Which leaves PC, where there's been tons of demand already despite the prices. And devs are going to love the power too. And considering console gamers probably aren't too eager to pay huge sums of money (after all, they got a console at least partially because it was cheaper than PC, at least in their minds), I'd say VR on consoles faces some real challenges. Of course if price and performance are OK, VR's breakthrough is probably going to happen on consoles, but I'm very doubtful about that at the moment. That's not one but two huge challenges to solve, and it seems they're much less of an issue on PC.

Zkuq said:
Uabit said:

This is exactly what I was wondering. Apparently VR requires a lot of processing power. Each frame, the image needs to be rendered twice, and the framerate needs to be higher (at least solid 60 FPS, and preferably 90 FPS). Oh, and resolution needs to be high too (1080p per eye is probably decent, but a bit on the low side).

Some reading on the requirements:

So yeah, I somewhat doubt that on consoles we're going to be seeing a lot of VR games that core gamers would be interested in. Which leaves PC, where there's been tons of demand already despite the prices. And devs are going to love the power too. And considering console gamers probably aren't too eager to pay huge sums of money (after all, they got a console at least partially because it was cheaper than PC, at least in their minds), I'd say VR on consoles faces some real challenges. Of course if price and performance are OK, VR's breakthrough is probably going to happen on consoles, but I'm very doubtful about that at the moment. That's not one but two huge challenges to solve, and it seems they're much less of an issue on PC.

PS VR is going to be full of games with shitty graphics and the ones that actually look impressive or something is going to be because they aren't actually games but movies like the order 1886, heavy rain or beyond or are a straight hall full of scripts like uncharted. 

JNK said:

Advantages Ps4:

- Big Company Sony backs it up (pays developer for (exclusive) VR games)

Yeah, a tiny company like Facebook (more than 300 billion USD market cap) has no chance to keep up with a big company like Sony (less than 30 billion USD market cap), if they really want to be no. 1 of the VR solutions. ;)

Conina said:
JNK said:

Advantages Ps4:

Yeah, a tiny company like Facebook (more than 300 billion USD market cap) has no chance to keep up with a big company like Sony (less than 30 billion USD market cap), if they really want to be no. 1 of the VR solutions. ;)

Has Microsoft been able to keep up with Sony and the Playstation?

As far as i know, Microsoft have more money than Facebook.

Around the Network

PC, because support will carry -on. I'm very skeptical on Sony's commitment to any peripheral after the PS4 camera, 3D, and Move...hell, even the Vita.

No matter how cheap they make PS VR, the hundreds spent on it and software only to have some tech demo-ey first 2 years....with a PS4 already half way into its lifecycle...i can see where that is going , and it wont be worth a lick investing into that.

PC I i7 3770K @4.5Ghz I 16GB 2400Mhz I GTX 980Ti FTW

Consoles I PS4 Pro I Xbox One S 2TB I Wii U I Xbox 360 S

AEGRO said:

Microsoft entered the console market, when Sony was already the top dog for more than a full console generation.

In the new VR market none of the 3 main competitors (Sony, Facebook, Valve) has such a time advantage.

We'll have to wait and see, which VR system gets the best official + unofficial support. I don't say that Facebook will win, I'm only saying that the "big company" argument as advantage for Sony is pretty funny.

Conina said:
JNK said:

Advantages Ps4:

So microsoft could easily be number 1 in the console business but they don't do that because of reason ;)

Conina said:
AEGRO said:

Microsoft entered the console market, when Sony was already the top dog for more than a full console generation.

In the new VR market none of the 3 main competitors (Sony, Facebook, Valve) has such a time advantage.

We'll have to wait and see, which VR system gets the best official + unofficial support. I don't say that Facebook will win, I'm only saying that the "big company" argument as advantage for Sony is pretty funny.

If we are talking about hardware and software for games then in my opinion sony is a way bigger and more experienced company than facebook at the moment that can change but not anytime soon.

PS4 will bring the interest, PC will bring the innovation. They're not working against each other, they both play an important role in the market appeal of VR.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames