By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is NX even necessary?

curl-6 said:
Nintyfan90 said:

And the home consoles have declined without any reason at all. They have all the support in the world while handhelds just have Ninty. I guess thats why the 3DS got the latest Metroid Prime game lol. Ninty knows its up to them to keep handhelds going, so even if it means sinking their home console division...their up for it. If Federation Force sells more than Metroid Prime 3, its gonna be a sad day for Ninty home console fans.

The console market has not shrunk anywhere near as severely as the portable market. The former has dipped, the latter has nosedived.

With all the support in the world, I see no reason for it. And 3ds will sell just as much as WiiU and Xb1 combined, sounds like something Ninty would want to continue. Quick question how much do you think a home console from Ninty with equal 3rd party support to Sony would sell?

Around the Network
Nintyfan90 said:
curl-6 said:

The console market has not shrunk anywhere near as severely as the portable market. The former has dipped, the latter has nosedived.

With all the support in the world, I see no reason for it. And 3ds will sell just as much as WiiU and Xb1 combined, sounds like something Ninty would want to continue. Quick question how much do you think a home console from Ninty with equal 3rd party support to Sony would sell?

No idea.

And the steep downward trend in handheld sales suggests a 3DS successor would continue the decline and sell much worse than 3DS.

Nintyfan90 said:

If Federation Force sells more than Metroid Prime 3, its gonna be a sad day for Ninty home console fans.

That just wont happen.

KLXVER said:
Nintyfan90 said:

If Federation Force sells more than Metroid Prime 3, its gonna be a sad day for Ninty home console fans.

That just wont happen.

Tell that to alot of Nintys other franchises.

curl-6 said:
Nintyfan90 said:

No idea.

And the steep downward trend in handheld sales suggests a 3DS successor would continue the decline and sell much worse than 3DS.

Same with home consoles, unless youre Sony ofcourse. Which doesnt sound good for Ninty lol.

Around the Network
Nintyfan90 said:
curl-6 said:

No idea.

Same with home consoles, unless youre Sony ofcourse. Which doesnt sound good for Ninty lol.

Again, the console decline is nowhere near as severe as the portable decline.

curl-6 said:
Nintyfan90 said:

Tell that to WiiU and Xb1.

Nintyfan90 said:
KLXVER said:

That just wont happen.

.....you lost me.

KLXVER said:
Nintyfan90 said:

.....you lost me.

Basically either that releases on both plats, sees higher sells on which?

Nintyfan90 said:
curl-6 said:

Tell that to WiiU and Xb1.

The XBO is still selling better than the X360.