By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinion: Killzone 2 > Killzone: Shadowfall

I will buy in an instant a killzone 2 remaster version that runs at 1080p 60fps.

Around the Network

I preferred Killzone 2 , I actually liked the weighty feel and the feeling of being part of a much larger battle in an hostile world ,when it comes to FPS i prefer campaign, online co-op ,then MP, having said that I give the online MP a go and If I like it I will play a fair bit and KZ2 was one of those that I played a lot , my favorite map was blood grazcht.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Shadow8 said:
Shadow Fall was a failed attempt at making Killzone more like CoD. That's why it was so bad, hopefully they go back to the way 2 and 3 were since they were my favorite fps of last gen.(at least 2 was :p) So yea I agree with you, preferred the gritty look of those games.

What the hell are you talking about? How was SF similar to CoD?

Killzone 2 was my favorite in the series but I wouldn't say it's much better than 3 or SF.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Lawlight said:
Shadow8 said:
Shadow Fall was a failed attempt at making Killzone more like CoD. That's why it was so bad, hopefully they go back to the way 2 and 3 were since they were my favorite fps of last gen.(at least 2 was :p) So yea I agree with you, preferred the gritty look of those games.

What the hell are you talking about? How was SF similar to CoD?

I'm gonna copy and paste what I discussed with another user here:

Well it felt like Cod to me. They tried to go with cinematic moments in the story and had cliche characters that acted cool, but we're really not. Also as you said they tried way too many different things that didn't work...sounds a lot like CoD Ghosts to me.

Of course this is just how it felt to me, didn't feel like the old ones at all.

Around the Network
Shadow8 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Well a lot of games push cinematics, frankly its nothing unusual for a Sony game.

Did you play through CoD: Ghosts? I really enjoyed that game, atleast the second half. It felt like other CoD Games to me.

I don't feel anybody "acted cool" in either Killzone:SF or Ghosts. Ghosts had a less convoluted story by the way.

Really? Ghosts was the only CoD game I sold almost immediately after passing the campaign, my least favorite really(played all from mw to bo3).

The ending really pissed me off since it was such a sudden twist that didn't make much sense to begin with and that cliffhanger.

Fair enough about the cool character thing, I was thinking about Echo. But it's been a few years since I played through Shadow Fall so I wasn't completely sure about that point.

It's cool if you like Ghosts though, I respect your opinion after all. We seem to have slightly different tastes is all xD

I dunno, Ghosts felt like more of the same as previous. I actually found the story and characters more interesting than MW games. It wasnt an amazing but solid. I sold Ghosts after finishing it as well but I still enjoyed. With KZ:SF, I forced myself to finish it.

Cliffhanger endings are a nuisance. But I would gladly play another Ghosts game.

Echo had something of a personality, that was one of remotely interesting characters.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

twintail said:
Kz2 is one of the best fps ever. Wish they would just keep that time for future games.

Have you played a lot of FPS games?

I feel like I've played many FPS games that are better.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

twintail said:
Kz2 is one of the best fps ever. Wish they would just keep that time for future games.

Its multiplayer was one of the best. Gonna see if there's still some people playing, loved 32 player matches.

Mr Puggsly said:
Shadow8 said:

Really? Ghosts was the only CoD game I sold almost immediately after passing the campaign, my least favorite really(played all from mw to bo3).

The ending really pissed me off since it was such a sudden twist that didn't make much sense to begin with and that cliffhanger.

Fair enough about the cool character thing, I was thinking about Echo. But it's been a few years since I played through Shadow Fall so I wasn't completely sure about that point.

It's cool if you like Ghosts though, I respect your opinion after all. We seem to have slightly different tastes is all xD

I dunno, Ghosts felt like more of the same as previous. I actually found the story and characters more interesting than MW games. It wasnt an amazing but solid. I sold Ghosts after finishing it as well but I still enjoyed. With KZ:SF, I forced myself to finish it.

Cliffhanger endings are a nuisance. But I would gladly play another Ghosts game.

Echo had something of a personality, that was one of remotely interesting characters.

I found the story entertaining, although not better than the mw games. I think what killed it for me was the multiplayer, for some reason I couldn't get into it and since that's usually what I get CoD for, I didn't feel the need to keep it. So I played the campaign and when I was done with that, I sold it. I wouldn't mind another Ghosts either just so I can find out what happens after that cliffhanger.

KZ:SF campaign sadly wasn't that good from what I can remember. KZ 2 and 3 story was much better. Echo is really the only character I remember from the campaign xD

Angelv577 said:
I will buy in an instant a killzone 2 remaster version that runs at 1080p 60fps.

Sign me up to this!