By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinion: Killzone 2 > Killzone: Shadowfall

Shadow8 said:

Yea that's what I meant by cinematic. 2 and 3 did have cinematic moments, but they felt more memorable to me since there was a considerable gap between them, giving it more impact.

CoD is aimed for the casual market, I know a lot of people that dont play a lot of games, but play CoD.I don't care one way or another though. If you're a fan of fps games, then CoD is definitely worth your time because it really is a well crafted series. I guess it's better to say that it's a game for both hardcore and casual.

Just because CoD has more appeal doesn't mean its casual.

Killzone from the start wanted the same audience as CoD, Halo, etc.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Shadow8 said:

Yea that's what I meant by cinematic. 2 and 3 did have cinematic moments, but they felt more memorable to me since there was a considerable gap between them, giving it more impact.

CoD is aimed for the casual market, I know a lot of people that dont play a lot of games, but play CoD.I don't care one way or another though. If you're a fan of fps games, then CoD is definitely worth your time because it really is a well crafted series. I guess it's better to say that it's a game for both hardcore and casual.

Isnt that the exact meaning of casual though?

Shadow8 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

No.

Popular and casual are not synonymous.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:

Shadow8 said:

No.

I never said they were.

I was talking more about the appeal it has to people that don't play games often. (sorry I don't think I was being clear)

Casual basically means someone who does something irregularly after all.

JOKA_ said:
I loved the weapon weight in 2. A lot of people complained about the controls feeling delayed but I just loved it.

Me To.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
Shadow8 said:

Mr Puggsly said:

No.

I never said they were.

I was talking more about the appeal it has to people that don't play games often. (sorry I don't think I was being clear)

I believe the market sees casual as family friendly and stuff that doesent neccessarily appeal to avid gamers.

The Wii U has an ability to move games like Rayman and Just Dance better than CoD for example.

Nintendo fans tend to disagree with me though on what casual gamers are.

Recently Completed

Shadow8 said:

Mr Puggsly said:

No.

I never said they were.

The meaning of the word casual as applied to cod to me  seems to be, a game that has a large number of people who are cod players rather than gamers in general so in a way it's aimed more at the players , many like my new neighbours son  who when he learned I was a gamer talked a lot about playing cod bop's 3 and when talking about other games not so much.

Now this definition  of casual could be applied to lots of other games as well , but for what ever reason when it comes to cod especially later ones it is highlighted , my feeling is it is used on one hand  because like most generalisations it has some truth to it , but on the other hand it is also used in a  derogatory manner usually by people who wish cod a quick death even though they don't play it.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Mr Puggsly said:
Shadow8 said:

I never said they were.

I believe the market sees casual as family friendly and stuff that doesent neccessarily appeal to avid gamers.

The Wii U has an ability to move games like Rayman and Just Dance better than CoD for example.

Nintendo fans tend to disagree with me though on what casual gamers are.

Ah, I see. That does make sense. So in terms of the definition the market suggests is that anything that is aimed at kids is considered casual. I always considered games that were more accesible as casual games. You know something not too hard or complex, that anybody could just pick up and enjoy.

mjk45 said:
Shadow8 said:

I never said they were.

The meaning of the word casual as applied to cod to me  seems to be, a game that has a large number of people who are cod players rather than gamers in general , many like my new neighbours son  who when he learned I was a gamer we talked a lot about playing cod bop's 3 and when talking about other games not so much.

Now this definition  of casual could be applied to lots of other games as well , but for what ever reason when it comes to cod especially later ones it is highlighted , my feeling is it is used on one hand  because like most generalisations it has some truth to it , but on the other hand it is also used in a  derogatory manner usually by people who wish cod a quick death even though they don't play it.

Your example anecdotal. Most CoD players I know play lots of games. Look at profiles online players and you will see they often play lots of games.

Recently Completed

Glad to see more people like me. KZ2 definitely >>>>>>>>>KS:SF and there are multiple reasons why:

1. Grittier feel
2. Higher number of players (this is customizable so even if you didn't like clusterf***s in KZ2 as much as I did, you could just play smaller rooms. Less choice is always worse)
3. Real clans and real clan tournaments built in
4. Battle replays (weren't the best in KZ2 but sad that a ps4 game has nothing in its place)
5. Unparalleled stat tracking (number of shots fired from each gun-type, abilities, you name it)
6. Integrated community server customization (KZ:SF also has customizable servers but due to the way servers are searched, 99% only end up playing the developer standard servers especially since these servers endlessly auto-generate whereas in KZ2, pretty much all servers were custom-made and community driven)
7. Better maps (this one is probably mostly personal preference)
8. Better shooting mechanics and effects e.g head blown off by shotgun (for some reason, KZ:SF decided to switch to primarily ADS gunplay which I find terribly boring).
9. Poor class structure (support class has waaay too many responsibilities in KZ:SF and no one threw spawns for the first month that I spent playing it's MP due to much better alternative abilities. This led to constant base camping even more so than KZ2 despite the game having better anti-camp mechanics such as OP indestructible base bots and a protective shield)

I bought a ps4 at launch because of KZ:SF thanks to commentators who convinced me that it was very similar to KZ2 unlike KZ3. 'Twas a terrible mistake. I played the single player for 15 minutes and the multiplayer for 4 weeks before quitting. Compare that to KZ2, my most played game all time with about 130 days in actual multiplayer playtime over about 4 years.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler