By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinion: Killzone 2 > Killzone: Shadowfall

So I'm replaying both. SF might be technically  more impressive but the filmic dark and gritty look of 2 is much better.

SF is hurting my eyes, the art style is all over the place. Lens flare everywhere,  the levels are mostly dark and it feels like there's a car in every corner with big headlights always shining on you. Everything has JJ Abrams lens flare

and it's giving me a headache.

The level design is also awful, you're supposed to be in a city but it feels more like a industrial complex.

The story and characters are predictable and bad, this time even the Helghast are awful. At least KZ2 and 3 had interesting villains.

Lately all the Western made games I play turn out to be terrible, anyone got recommendations for good Western games? Can't wait for Naughty Dog to return with Uncharted 4 and teach the industry how to make good games.

Around the Network

Shadow Fall was a failed attempt at making Killzone more like CoD. That's why it was so bad, hopefully they go back to the way 2 and 3 were since they were my favorite fps of last gen.(at least 2 was :p) So yea I agree with you, preferred the gritty look of those games.

Killzone 2 was the best and it went downhill from there. The amount of destructorbility, the gas cannisters, how they would set alight before eventually flying off and exploding, the atmospheric lighting and the amazing level design.

3 had its moments but it was cut short due to wanting to push 3D and SF was poop for many reasons.

Shadow8 said:
Shadow Fall was a failed attempt at making Killzone more like CoD. That's why it was so bad, hopefully they go back to the way 2 and 3 were since they were my favorite fps of last gen.(at least 2 was :p) So yea I agree with you, preferred the gritty look of those games.

No, it doesn't feel like CoD. I just played through the game this month. The first four level are good. After that the level design just gets boring, stealth stuff sucks, waves of enemies, too much trial and error.

I played through the PS3 games as well, I thought they were better overall but not great either.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Shadow8 said:

No, it doesn't feel like CoD. I just played through the game this month. The first four level are good. After that the level design just gets boring, stealth stuff sucks, waves of enemies, too much trial and error.

I played through the PS3 games as well, I thought they were better overall but not great either.

Yeah this. It doesn't feel like CoD. The level design is awful, it's just a mediocre shooter.

Around the Network

So you like killzone 2 more than shadow fall? That's what you just said. I think it's a better game too, but shadow fall definitely has more impressive visuals.

Boh look great but KZ2's aesthetic was more unique.

I've never played the other killzone games. I played shadowfall though and I thought it was pretty good. I enjoyed the story and was pretty shocked and impressed by the ending.

Yeah.. not really.

The art direction in KZ:SZ might not be your cup of tea, but in terms of graphics.. stomps KZ2 by some fair margin.

I loved both art design, maybe I prefer a bit more KZ2; as far as Graphics, tech, I think SF still looks better than 95% of all the games released till now.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.