By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It's safe to say that Nintendo won't launch new hardware this year.

When will we see a see a new Nintendo system?

Handheld, 2016 60 22.14%

Home console, 2016 109 40.22%

Handheld, 2017 15 5.54%

Home console, 2017 17 6.27%

Handheld + Home console, 2017 58 21.40%

later 12 4.43%

Total:271
Einsam_Delphin said:
atomicblue said:
Ugh. These threads - be they "NX is coming in 2016" or "NX isn't coming in 2016" - need to die.

Unlike 3-6 months ago, there are a lot of leaks that suggest a 2016 launch is not out of the question, but they're still just leaks, and their validity is tenuous at best. There was also a leak about a Paper Mario game for Wii U and a statement from Miyamoto about Pikmin 4 being "close to completion". Lots of conflicting info.

If you can speak about this subject as though you're certain of what's happening, I can't take you seriously.

The pokemon leak is not just another leak anymore, and I don't see how Paper Mario or Pikmin 4 conflict with it more than they support it.

Pokemon Plus and Minus were also leaked.

Some are wrong, some are right, but none are to be considered "confirmed" or "official".

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network
Slarvax said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

The pokemon leak is not just another leak anymore, and I don't see how Paper Mario or Pikmin 4 conflict with it more than they support it.

Some are wrong, some are right, but none are to be considered "confirmed" or "official".

That's a different leaker. 

This guy who leaked NX is coming this year with Zelda is pretty rock solid on his info so far. 

Pokemon Niji is legit and to be able to "guess" a game's codename is pretty damn random but then to also guess Disney Art Academy on top of that is virtually impossible. He has some type of source that leaked something to him or he just randomly managed to guess two games. 

Also lets look at the fact that someone (cough *Nintendo*) has forced him (SuperMetalDave) to take down his videos on Youtube ... gee, you notice all those dummies who make up random rumors on Youtube have their videos straight up but curiously SMD/Trevalyvian has been forced to down his videos. Gee, could it be that his videos struck a nerve at Nintendo? Why? Because he has legit information. There are 50 other videos about people predicting/claiming they know what's in the next Nintendo Direct/Pokemon Z that Nintendo hasn't forced to take down, but these videos have been forced down. It's because SuperMetalDave/Trev is legit. 

Soundwave said:
Slarvax said:

This guy who leaked NX is coming this year with Zelda is pretty rock solid on his info so far. 

Pokemon Niji is legit and to be able to "guess" a game's codename is pretty damn random but then to also guess Disney Art Academy on top of that is virtually impossible. He has some type of source that leaked something to him or he just randomly managed to guess two games. 

Also lets look at the fact that someone (cough *Nintendo*) has forced him (SuperMetalDave) to take down his videos on Youtube ... gee, you notice all those dummies who make up random rumors on Youtube have their videos straight up but curiously SMD/Trevalyvian has been forced to down his videos. Gee, could it be that his videos struck a nerve at Nintendo? Why? Because he has legit information. There are 50 other videos about people predicting/claiming they know what's in the next Nintendo Direct/Pokemon Z that Nintendo hasn't forced to take down, but these videos have been forced down. It's because SuperMetalDave/Trev is legit. 

He does/did have something going for him: actual info to back him up.

But I still dont trust any leaks with an anonymous secret source that cant be told

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Slarvax said:

He does/did have something going for him: actual info to back him up.

But I still dont trust any leaks with an anonymous secret source that cant be told

Who the source is doesn't matter, the info is correct, so it's not a matter of belief or trust anymore, only acceptance.

Boberkun said:

You can consider NSMBU as a wii NSMB remaster.

NSMBU wasn't delayed like some other HD Nintendo games were though, precisely because it was pretty much a Wii game in HD.

Other games such as Pikmin 3 and Xenoblade X suffered setbacks because the teams making them struggled with first-time HD development. It was the first time they had ever had to deal with things like programmable pixel shaders, a multi-core CPU, or the greater level of detail required from HD level assets.

I'm not defending Nintendo's delays and game droughts this generation; they are unacceptable. But a lot of it can be explained by the painful transition from SD to HD development. Now that doesn't excuse it, as they should have seen how other companies struggled with this and prepared accordingly, but there is a difference between an excuse and an explanation.

Around the Network

Wasn't there a rumor suggesting that the NX would be revealed sometime between March and May?

...It's March. My Nintendo and Nintendo Account come out this month. There hasn't been a real direct since November. We still haven't experienced that new format yet. They'd have all the momentum and anticipation needed to break the internet with this.

We may be getting that reveal VERY soon.

Why people are so obsessed with NX?

Click HERE and be happy 

Soundwave said:
Slarvax said:

The picture that showed Niji as the code name, where did it come from? And guessing a Disney game is hardly that impressive considering Disney has no reason to be that tight lipped on a 3DS game. All of his info also seems to be handheld focused or did he also leak the Wiius lineup?

EricFabian said:

Because there's really nothing else to talk about on the Nintendo front.

curl-6 said:
EricFabian said:

Because there's really nothing else to talk about on the Nintendo front.

and Gaming in general

We reap what we sow