By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It's safe to say that Nintendo won't launch new hardware this year.

When will we see a see a new Nintendo system?

Handheld, 2016 60 22.14%

Home console, 2016 109 40.22%

Handheld, 2017 15 5.54%

Home console, 2017 17 6.27%

Handheld + Home console, 2017 58 21.40%

later 12 4.43%

Total:271
bigtakilla said:
Miyamotoo said:

Nintendo is replasing litle sooner than usualy (around one year sooner, and we know last year on Nintendo console is barren) beasue is selling terible, not beacuse its weak hardware (Wii was weak hardware and Nintendo didn't being desperate to release more powerful hardware on market). So that's only reason nothing else.

Also Xbox had life span of 4 years and Xbox360 endend up selling 3x better.

NX will have great launch lineup (most likely new 3D Mario, Zelda U port and probably Pikmin 4), not average or below average.

A port and two games isn't an average launch? okay.... Also Xbox 360 had also had the benefit of being priced well, and straightforward from pc to console. If the PS3 wasn't ridiculously overpriced I doubt this would be a point to be made.

I talking just about Nintendo exclusive games, I never said just those 3 games will be launch lineup but definitely those game will have biggest effect on launch, Also Zelda U technically is port but it will be launch of new game, not port of some older game, its will be totally new Zelda on totally new platform.

Yes, but even Xbox 360 and PS3 same price point Xbox 360 would still sold much better than original Xbox. So no, original Xbox lifespan of 4 years didn't had any impact on Xbox 360.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Boberkun said:

Streaming technology definitely was made and tested long before any Wii U game development. Don't forget that many Wii U games support streaming to TV and U pad without actual reasons (you can stream on both in MK8, Bayonetta 1-2, Hyrule Warriors, etc). It doesn't looks like it something problematically for developer to employ this feature.

But was it made and developed by Nintendo? For Christ sake they didn't know how long HD development would take in 2012!!! Just saying...

WindWaker was made in six months. Perfect example of jump from SD to HD without any problems. Maybe Shigeru Miyamoto overestimates himself and the development of his games? Where is StarFox 0 and project Robot/Giant/Guard? "HD development" problems? In 2016?

Miyamotoo said:
bigtakilla said:

A port and two games isn't an average launch? okay.... Also Xbox 360 had also had the benefit of being priced well, and straightforward from pc to console. If the PS3 wasn't ridiculously overpriced I doubt this would be a point to be made.

I talking just about Nintendo exclusive games, I never said just those 3 games will be launch lineup but definitely those game will have biggest effect on launch, Also Zelda U technically is port but it will be launch of new game, not port of some older game, its will be totally new Zelda on totally new platform.

Yes, but even Xbox 360 and PS3 same price point Xbox 360 would still sold much better than original Xbox. So no, original Xbox lifespan of 4 years didn't had any impact on Xbox 360.

Well, the rest are set to be on par with the xbone..... Exciting....

Volterra_90 said:
Boberkun said:

Look at some wii games in Dolphin emulator. SSB Brawl or 2D/3D Mario.

Yeah, I saw some Mario Galaxy videos. It's not even close to 3DWorld.

Not to mention Pikmin 3 or Mario Kart 8, they looking same like MK7 and Pikmin 2 on Dolphin emulator. Lol

atomicblue said:
Ugh. These threads - be they "NX is coming in 2016" or "NX isn't coming in 2016" - need to die.

Unlike 3-6 months ago, there are a lot of leaks that suggest a 2016 launch is not out of the question, but they're still just leaks, and their validity is tenuous at best. There was also a leak about a Paper Mario game for Wii U and a statement from Miyamoto about Pikmin 4 being "close to completion". Lots of conflicting info.

If you can speak about this subject as though you're certain of what's happening, I can't take you seriously.

The pokemon leak is not just another leak anymore, and I don't see how Paper Mario or Pikmin 4 conflict with it more than they support it.

Around the Network
Boberkun said:

WindWaker was made in six months. Perfect example of jump from SD to HD without any problems. Maybe Shigeru Miyamoto overestimates himself and the development of his games? Where is StarFox 0 and project Robot/Giant/Guard? "HD development" problems? In 2016?

But... but that's a remake! XDDD. 

EDIT: Sorry, remaster, which is not the same.

Volterra_90 said:
Boberkun said:

But... but that's a remake! XDDD. 

EDIT: Sorry, remaster, which is not the same.

Still very good point.  No where near ground up development.

Einsam_Delphin said:

So let's just pretend you're right and MK8 is just MKWii upscaled, what then is the reason for all the delays if HD development was not the problem?

What is the reason for region lock in 8th gen? What is the reason for censoring and memelocalizations months after jp releases? What is the reason for stupid marketing company? What is the reason for hideous E3 2015 presentation? What is the reason for bad handling of Fatal Frame and Devil's Third in the West?

Boberkun said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

So let's just pretend you're right and MK8 is just MKWii upscaled, what then is the reason for all the delays if HD development was not the problem?

What is the reason for region lock in 8th gen? What is the reason for censoring and memelocalizations months after jp releases? What is the reason for stupid marketing company? What is the reason for hideous E3 2015 presentation? What is the reason for bad handling of Fatal Frame and Devil's Third in the West?

A lot of I don't knows doesn't negate the first I don't know.

Boberkun said:
bigtakilla said:

But was it made and developed by Nintendo? For Christ sake they didn't know how long HD development would take in 2012!!! Just saying...

That is remaster of game that already exist, not completely new game that was build from ground. So I relly dont see how you can use that like "Perfect example of jump from SD to HD without any problems".