By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It's safe to say that Nintendo won't launch new hardware this year.

When will we see a see a new Nintendo system?

Handheld, 2016 60 22.14%

Home console, 2016 109 40.22%

Handheld, 2017 15 5.54%

Home console, 2017 17 6.27%

Handheld + Home console, 2017 58 21.40%

later 12 4.43%

Total:271
Boberkun said:
People here really expect tons of exclusives on NX launch? Nintendo spent years on Wii U HD projects with delays and post-game updates. They'll launch NX with next 2D Mario, some Wii U port and Ubi/EA game at best.

Nintendo promised 5 mobile games in 2015-2016. First one, Miitomo was delayed to 2016. It's March already. Nintendo can't even release shitty mobile tomodachi messenger in time - and I repeat: what you expect?

That's why we expect the NX family to share the library. They have to focus only on one library, not 2 separate ones. On top of that, the sooner they release, the sooner they have to stop wasting any resource on the Wii U / 3DS (althought they clearly stopped long ago).

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Boberkun said:
Volterra_90 said:

Yeah, because Wind Waker HD has all the textures redone.

I'll stop because we're getting totally off-topic, but if you want to do a general Nintendo rant about everything you consider they've done wrong I'll gladly answer in a new thread. Because I consider they've done things wrong, but I don't think the points you're making kinda make sense. 

EDIT: To the post above (and I promise it's my last answer), the fact of making totally new levels implies, obviously, that you can't "remaster" NSMB in making NSMBU, which is what you were saying. And know that I think about it, it's absurd to talk about NSMBU when it was a launch title. 

You need to make new levels even for SD game, it have nothing common with "HD development" bullshit excuse.

And no game takes 6 months development time.

maxleresistant said:
Do people remember that the the PS4 and Xbox one were shown for the first time only a few months before their release?
Why are people acting like this has never happened?

Apple even does it a day before, and we all know Nintendo wants to be the apple of gaming.

I don't see why it matters when it was shown.

Shadow1980 said:
The Xbox One was announced only a couple of weeks before E3 2013, so there is certainly precedent for a system being announced only a few months before release.

Yet again, it doesn't matter when it is shown. 

Pavolink said:
Boberkun said:
People here really expect tons of exclusives on NX launch? Nintendo spent years on Wii U HD projects with delays and post-game updates. They'll launch NX with next 2D Mario, some Wii U port and Ubi/EA game at best.

Nintendo promised 5 mobile games in 2015-2016. First one, Miitomo was delayed to 2016. It's March already. Nintendo can't even release shitty mobile tomodachi messenger in time - and I repeat: what you expect?

That's why we expect the NX family to share the library. They have to focus only on one library, not 2 separate ones. On top of that, the sooner they release, the sooner they have to stop wasting any resource on the Wii U / 3DS (althought they clearly stopped long ago).

Let's just hope the new console isn't a further waste of time and resources.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
maxleresistant said:
Do people remember that the the PS4 and Xbox one were shown for the first time only a few months before their release?

Apple even does it a day before, and we all know Nintendo wants to be the apple of gaming.

That's the whole point of the OP, hes saying we know nothing about it yet so it cant possibly be releasing this year.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
bigtakilla said:

That's the whole point of the OP, hes saying we know nothing about it yet so it cant possibly be releasing this year.

But it doesn't seem likely. 

bigtakilla said:
zorg1000 said:

Keep telling yourself that

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
bigtakilla said:

Keep telling yourself that

Sure thing Zorg.

bigtakilla said:
maxleresistant said:

NX has been in development since 2014 at least.