By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Am I the only Nintendo fan here who's not a huge Pokemon fan?

Huge Pokemon fan between 1998-2005, I just dont get the latest games, new gen Pokemon look terrible.

Around the Network
HylianYoshi said:

Yes, I know that the answer is bound to be no, but I'm sure that I'm still in the grand, grand minority here. I'm not exactly an RPG guy for the most part (I'm more of an adventure/action/platformer fan), though I do have a fondness for action RPGs.

My experience with Pokemon goes as far as Pokemon Stadium on N64 and Pokemon Y. I played through most of Stadium god knows how long ago, and I beat Y back in 2013. Though I don't own Y anymore for reasons I'm too ashamed to explain, I did enjoy the game thoroughly, even if it wasn't exactly a very memorable experience, looking back.

It's not that I dislike Pokemon games, it's that I'm not a huge fan like a lot of you. For the record, yes, I'll probably be buying one of the new games, probably Moon version.

Btw, are you really 14 year old? Damn you missed the best era of gaming and Pokemon.

Turkish said:
HylianYoshi said:

Yes, I know that the answer is bound to be no, but I'm sure that I'm still in the grand, grand minority here. I'm not exactly an RPG guy for the most part (I'm more of an adventure/action/platformer fan), though I do have a fondness for action RPGs.

My experience with Pokemon goes as far as Pokemon Stadium on N64 and Pokemon Y. I played through most of Stadium god knows how long ago, and I beat Y back in 2013. Though I don't own Y anymore for reasons I'm too ashamed to explain, I did enjoy the game thoroughly, even if it wasn't exactly a very memorable experience, looking back.

It's not that I dislike Pokemon games, it's that I'm not a huge fan like a lot of you. For the record, yes, I'll probably be buying one of the new games, probably Moon version.

Btw, are you really 14 year old? Damn you missed the best era of gaming and Pokemon.

Sure am. I'm not sure what the "best era of gaming" is, but I've at least gotten to experience a good chunk of it. My first 3 consoles were the N64, the NES, and the SNES, all passed down from my brothers. I also own a decent deal of Virtual Console games. Anyway, the Pokemon thing is all me, since many of my friends are big Pokemon fans. I'm just not really a traditional RPG guy.

bet: lost

I'm not a big Pokemon fan, mostly because I was already into my teens when it launched in the US so it was kind a little past my interests by that point.

That said, I remember hearing what a huge phenomenon it was in Japan in 1996, so when it first came out in the US I remember buying Pokemon Blue the first day with Game Boy Color.

And when I was in Tokyo I did visit the Pokemon Center.

I've been a huge pokemon fan since the very beginning, but gen 6 sort of killed my passion for them to an extent. B2/W2 were the best in the series and XY and ORAS couldn't come anywhere near to it, even if Hoenn is my favourite region. I couldn't care less about GO or Pokken, I'm looking at Sun/Moon and wanting to be amazed, signs are good so far.

Around the Network
HylianYoshi said:

I am not a Nintendo Fan, but Ive got recently a Wii U, and Im enjoying all the games that I got with it (DK:TF, Mario Maker, Mario 3D world, Smash Brothers, etc) and Im a huge RPG Fan, but yeah regarding Pokémon I would like to give a Falcon Knee of Justice in Pikachu's Face, and Dismeber all other Pokemons. I came to hate Pokemon so much because every time the cartoon started it was because Dragon Ball Z show ended, so yeah, I hate all that has something to do with Pokemon from the bottom of my heart...

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

Well, I'm a Nintendo fan and also an RPG fan, so Pokemon is the perfect game for me I guess. lol

Being a Nintendo fan doesn't mean liking every franchise they have. I honestly don't like the Donkey Kong franchise for example.

I am not a pokemon fan. I bought pokemon red the first day it came out and i loved it, but that was a long time ago. I haven't even played a pokemon game since and don't care to.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

i used to be a great pokemon fan back in the days with Blue and Silver, but now i find the games so childish and compare to good jrpg games they are not nearly as good. IMHO, but then i am not a nintendo fan, i still think the last great mario game was super mario world xd.

There's nothing wrong with not liking Pokémon. That's the great thing about Nintendo: they have so many different types games that really any type of gamer can buy their console and have a good time. There are games for platformer fans, RPG fans, racing fans, adventure fans, casuals who just want to use Wii Fit and now with Splatoon even shooter fans have something to love.

Personally, I was a big fan of the first 2 generations of Pokémon but I haven't bought a Pokémon game since. That said, I am thinking about getting back into the series and playing either X, Y, Sun or Moon when I finally get a 3DS.