By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Am I the only Nintendo fan here who's not a huge Pokemon fan?

I'm not a huge fan of Pokemon, but I do like playing them..

Depends on what you define as 'huge'

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

I own many Pokemon games... Used to be quite an addict really. Yet I recently somehow got out of touch with the series. (Must have been around 2012) The interest just isn't there anymore - at the moment at least. Maybe in about 5 years from now I'll be a bigger fan again lol.

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!                                                                  

BasilZero said:

Finally something I can agree with from you :O Manbearpig clone.

Did he/she like Pokemon, too?

S.Peelman said:

I know it's a big deal still, but I've not exactly been interested since the very first generation. Only ever bought Blue on GameBoy.

EDIT: Oh and Stadium on N64.

You are what we in the biz affectionately call a "genwunner."

And you are far from alone.

spemanig said:
S.Peelman said:

I know it's a big deal still, but I've not exactly been interested since the very first generation. Only ever bought Blue on GameBoy.

EDIT: Oh and Stadium on N64.

You are what we in the biz affectionately call a "genwunner."

And you are far from alone.

Well, from what I know, not exactly. I think that genwunner implies that he's a fanboy of Gen 1 and hates everything else, which is not the impression that his post gives of.

bet: lost

Around the Network
HylianYoshi said:

Well, from what I know, not exactly. I think that genwunner implies that he's a fanboy of Gen 1 and hates everything else, which is not the impression that his post gives of.

Well it was mainly a joke, but genwunner is really supposed to describe anyone who is ignorant (not necessarily in the offensive way) to the clear and obvious progress in quality Pokemon has made after the games on the Gameboy, for whatever reason. Confusingly, this includes GSC. It doesn't literally mean "Gen 1 fanboy."

Im a nintendo fan and buy pokemon games but not that hardcore into the series like most people.

Im a huge Nintendo fan and ive never played a Pokemon game or spin off, they dont really interest me. I may try Pokken though as it looks quite interesting.

RolStoppable said:
HylianYoshi said:

I don't know. Whatever you're willing to furiously type at me.

I've only bought Red, right when it came out. That's almost 20 years ago.

Slade6alpha said:
I'm the opposite.
Love Pokemon, hate Nintendo with the passion of 43 burning suns.

You are what I'd call a sheep in need of guidance. You don't know what's good for you.

Red came out in 1998 in EU/US so unless you lived in Japan at the time it was 18 years ago. 

jason1637 said:
RolStoppable said:

That's almost 20 years ago.

Red came out in 1998 in EU/US so unless you lived in Japan at the time it was 18 years ago. 

Read again.