By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Am I the only Nintendo fan here who's not a huge Pokemon fan?

I have never played Pokemon before. Not a fan of Smash either

Around the Network

I'm a Nintendo fan. Started Pokemon from the start and then realized I fell out of love for it in Gen 5(Black/White). I just play the game, beat it, and move on now. My real issue is with the tone of the story. I need a game like Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth to get that love back.

HylianYoshi said:
spemanig said:

You are what we in the biz affectionately call a "genwunner."

And you are far from alone.

Well, from what I know, not exactly. I think that genwunner implies that he's a fanboy of Gen 1 and hates everything else, which is not the impression that his post gives of.

You are right. I played Blue, watched the first season of the anime and seen the first movie. I was once a fan, but my interests changed after just the first generation. It was a two-year fad for me, nothing more.

*raise hand* I started and ended with Pokemon Red.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I was a huge fan of Pokemon up until the 4th gen and it only started going downhill from there.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

I only played Ruby and it was ok, but the GBA had many better RPGs.
Haven't bought another one since then.

HylianYoshi said:

Yes, I know that the answer is bound to be no, but I'm sure that I'm still in the grand, grand minority here. I'm not exactly an RPG guy for the most part (I'm more of an adventure/action/platformer fan), though I do have a fondness for action RPGs.

My experience with Pokemon goes as far as Pokemon Stadium on N64 and Pokemon Y. I played through most of Stadium god knows how long ago, and I beat Y back in 2013. Though I don't own Y anymore for reasons I'm too ashamed to explain, I did enjoy the game thoroughly, even if it wasn't exactly a very memorable experience, looking back.

It's not that I dislike Pokemon games, it's that I'm not a huge fan like a lot of you. For the record, yes, I'll probably be buying one of the new games, probably Moon version.

No you aren't. I actually have never really played any of the games at all. My friend had Red when they first came out, I tried it for like a minute and didn't care for it (I am not a mobile/handheld gamer at all). I played the trading cards breifly (same friend had a bunch of cards) in middle school before teacher took our cards. Oh well. I am glad for those who love it, but it is not my thing.

When I was a huge Nintendo fan wasn't huge on Pokemon.