By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA currently has NX dev kits, Nintendo and EA having multiple meetings in March to decide if they will support the NX

Miyamotoo said:
Thunderbird77 said:

EA games sell acordingly to their efforts on nintendo systems. And they lose a ton of potential money by having one hardware manufacturer less in their plan. Heck, they even ignore nintendo's handhelds. Nintendo's profits, on the other hand, aren't heavily impacted by the lack of a specific company support, that can be replaced. In other words: Even if we consider EA games necessary (they aren't), they can be replaced. And while EA can make money without nintendo, they're making a lot less than they could if they supported nintendo 's platforms and nothing wil compensate for that.

Wii proved the exact opposite of what you saidon the second paragraph.

It not about EA only, third party games are always selling worst on Nintendo platforms because people buy Nintendo platforms for Nintendo games on first place. But without 3rd party games Nintendo platforms cant have mass appealing, because there are people who dont want only Nintendo games if the buy Nintendo platform.

If they games are selling bad, they definitely didn't lose tons of money. Why do you think EA won't support Wii U or 3DS, they will definitely support them if the think they can make tons of money on WiiU and 3DS.

When we talk about need for EA support for Nintendo, isn't about money Nintendo will make from EA games, its about that with EA games and third party support Nintendo platform will be much more desirable platform than with Nintendo games alone, that means more sold Nintendo platforms and Nintendo games.

First, Wii had much better third party suport than Wii U, second Wii was casual platform for players from 5-99 years old, its unrealistic to expect that Nintendo will do something similar again. Wii U proved they can't support platform that doesn't have very strong gimmick alone.

Yet again wrong, it's called reaping what you sow. Third parties sell worse when they don't try. When they do try, they get better sales on nintendo platforms. When they do crappy decisions on ps and xbox, they also get poor sales there, No magic involved.

You can talk about third party support or EA, one doesn't equal the other. Also, it's safer to say sony and ms NEED third parties or else they'd crash, nintendo has been profiting without them for a while. Theyr support helps a console's success but isn't absolutely necessary for staying in the market.

Wii didn't really have much better 3rd party support than anything and calling it casual just screams for me to ignore the statement.

Wii U proved many things but not the ones you talk about.

Around the Network
Thunderbird77 said:
MikeRox said:

EA don't need Nintendo at all now. They're looking like they're calling similar demands to those they did with Sega, though Nintendo don't make sports games (realistic) so don't need to demand full sports title exclusivity like they did of Sega.

Ea makes money selling software, they need hardware manufacturers. Nintendo makes money from hardware, 1st and 3rd party software. the impact of nintendo not having games from EA is insignificant to them while EA losing a whole hardware manufacturer is huge for EA.

Only if that hardware manufacturer shifts a bucket load of units.

Current gen home consoles, not supporting Wii U they have cut out 15% of their potential market. (Much smaller when you include PC). Most of that 15% either already have another platform they can pay Fifa on, or wouldn't be buying Fifa anyway.

So it's nowhere near the sacrifice to EA you make it sound. Hell the Vita ports of Fifa sold better than the Wii and Wii U ones. No loss not supporting hardware your market isn't on.

Now flip that around. Nintendo on the other hand need software to sell hardware. Not having titles like Fifa is an instant deal breaker for EAs audience. Ergo they aren't buying that console to start with. That is Nintendo's loss.

I fail to see how EA have more to lose from this than Nintendo.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Thunderbird77 said:
Miyamotoo said:

It not about EA only, third party games are always selling worst on Nintendo platforms because people buy Nintendo platforms for Nintendo games on first place. But without 3rd party games Nintendo platforms cant have mass appealing, because there are people who dont want only Nintendo games if the buy Nintendo platform.

If they games are selling bad, they definitely didn't lose tons of money. Why do you think EA won't support Wii U or 3DS, they will definitely support them if the think they can make tons of money on WiiU and 3DS.

When we talk about need for EA support for Nintendo, isn't about money Nintendo will make from EA games, its about that with EA games and third party support Nintendo platform will be much more desirable platform than with Nintendo games alone, that means more sold Nintendo platforms and Nintendo games.

First, Wii had much better third party suport than Wii U, second Wii was casual platform for players from 5-99 years old, its unrealistic to expect that Nintendo will do something similar again. Wii U proved they can't support platform that doesn't have very strong gimmick alone.

Yet again wrong, it's called reaping what you sow. Third parties sell worse when they don't try. When they do try, they get better sales on nintendo platforms. When they do crappy decisions on ps and xbox, they also get poor sales there, No magic involved.

You can talk about third party support or EA, one doesn't equal the other. Also, it's safer to say sony and ms NEED third parties or else they'd crash, nintendo has been profiting without them for a while. Theyr support helps a console's success but isn't absolutely necessary for staying in the market.

Wii didn't really have much better 3rd party support than anything and calling it casual just screams for me to ignore the statement.

Well they seem to sell well enough on PlayStation and Xbox for them to be happy.

Or if curiosity. What 3rd party multi million selling blockbusters have Nintendo platforms enjoyed that sold better than on PlayStation or Xbox? And we're they similar games to core Nintendo releases?

MikeRox said:

Or if curiosity. What 3rd party multi million selling blockbusters have Nintendo platforms enjoyed that sold better than on PlayStation or Xbox? And we're they similar games to core Nintendo releases?

Just Dance keeps selling better on Nintendo consoles than everywhere else. Also, Skylanders, but I'm not sure about that.

That's kind of it, as far as I know. But they stopped being multimillion sellers a generation ago. Nintendo needs to find a 3rd party game that could actually move units and talk to the publishers to bring it to the Nintendo systems and make it known it's on Nintendo systems.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
MikeRox said:

Just Dance keeps selling better on Nintendo consoles than everywhere else. Also, Skylanders, but I'm not sure about that.

That's kind of it, as far as I know. But they stopped being multimillion sellers a generation ago. Nintendo needs to find a 3rd party game that could actually move units and talk to the publishers to bring it to the Nintendo systems and make it known it's on Nintendo systems.

And thats the problem. Just Dance and Skylanders fit the Nintendo demographic. The person I was quoting made it sound like as long as effort is put into the port, lots of 3rd party titles sell best on Nintendo platforms. It just simply does not happen.

Around the Network
Thunderbird77 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Did you actually read what I wrote!? No there is no magic involved, people buy Nintendo platforms for Nintendo games on first place, and people buy PS/Xbox platforms for 3rd part games on first place, that is a fact. Just look PS4/XboxOne and best selling games for those platforms, or for PS3/Xbox360 platforms. So thats why 3rd party games are always sell poor on Nintendo platforms.

Like I wrote, EA is single most important third party developer. Yes, MS/Sony needs more third party than Nintendo, but that doesnt mean Nintendo dont need them. Nintendo is profitable, but do you think Nintendo is satisfied with profit they making this gen and sales of Wii U!? Third parties this gen become more important than ever before, if Nintendo wants more successful platform they need 3rd party, without 3rd party Nintendo can expect sales around 20-30m, because majority of people will not buy console that has only Nintendo games.

Wii had much better support than Wii U, for instance Wii had 9 Fifa games and 6 Pro Evolution games, that 15 soccer games, Wii U have just one, Fifa 2013. Majority of Wii owners were casuals, that is a fact.

Bottom of line, like I wrote, Nintendo need EA more than than EA need Nintendo. EA is first developer that abandoned Wii U, why they done that if they really need Nintendo!? Also why Nintendo wants partnership with EA if they really don't need them!?

You can bet that Nintendo will make some kind of agreement with EA even if it seems EA has some high demands. Why!? Because Nintendo needs 3rd party if they want successful platform.

These "requests" from EA honestly seem fairly reasonable.

MLB/NBA/NHL streaming apps should be on Nintendo platforms, every other device and their grandpa have them, it's like not having a Netflix and Hulu app at this point.

Nintendo should be advertising during big sporting events ... like it or not especially today live sports are one of the few things people actually still watch live.

EA-hardware bundles? Why not? I see even in Canada there's PS4-NHL bundles, why not NX? If Zombi U can get a Wii U bundle, I don't see the harm in a Madden/FIFA/NHL bundle (US/Europe/Canada in that order).

THAT said ... the sports audience is pretty firmly entrenched with Sony/MS, even in the 16-bit days, the Genesis always seemed to beat out the SNES for that audience.

Maybe as an enticer Nintendo could allow EA to make Mario branded sports games, like say Mario FIFA Soccer with arcade versions of popular players like Messi and Ronaldo. That would probably sell a lot too, so that's good for EA-Nintendo.

And Star Wars games on Nintendo platforms have done well in the past. I'd like it too because I'd like to see Sim City back on the Virtual Console please. Love that game (the SNES version).

So, if they received those kits during Q4 5015, Q4 2017 launch confirmed for NX?

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:

So, if they received those kits during Q4 5015, Q4 2017 launch confirmed for NX?

I think Nintendo is just expecting low effort ports from western 3rd parties at launch after what happened with the Wii U -- which probably wouldn't need much time to do if Nintendo was sincere about making the porting process easier for 3rd parties.  I don't see much sincere overall western 3rd party support in the first year but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a lot of Japanese 3rd party support at launch if the unified library rumor is true.

I would rather have ANY other company support the NX THAN EA.

Own:Nes,Snes,N64,Gamecube,Wii,WiiU,Gameboy Pocket,Gameboy Advance SP,DS,DSi,3DS XL,Sega Genesis,Sega Dreamcast,PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP,PSVita and Xbox 360.

Looking to get: Original Xbox 

A significant portion of my soul died with the first "SMT X FE" footage reveal.

Add me on PSN: afnanthekooltrex 

Check out my YouTube channel:  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzZ6P0251NWOf7WUTsHmw_Q