By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA currently has NX dev kits, Nintendo and EA having multiple meetings in March to decide if they will support the NX

Volterra_90 said:
bananaking21 said:

by not doing that they have lost a massive demographic to Sony and MS. one that is very very hard to get back now. because those CoD, madden and Fifa gamers, those more "casual" crowd, already have their console of choice. and games like mario and zelda wont draw any of them to Nintendo.

if nintendo goes on and spends big bucks on marketing, it wont make much of a difference, if any, at least at first. but with not doing anything they lost 100% of that demographic, so they gotta start now and try get some of it, even if it wont be worth it in the short term. basically nintendo put them selfs in this position by not working with third party publishers in the past, and not catering to this certain demographic, which now proves to be vital for success. 

The problem is that EA Sports games were never a big selling point in any Nintendo console ever. I agree that the general lose of third party publishers is part of the problem, but I'm talking about sports games in here. People who play those games have already make their choice looong time ago, so how do you convince those people to jump on the NX? That's hard business. It needs big thinking, and massive amounts of money spend in marketing. And Nintendo obviously doesn't have the same marketing power as Sony and MS, which will always win in that aspect. I think they can take the risk and see what happens and do a long term strategy to slowly adquire that demography back. But it's not that easy. I mean, it would be great that we could enjoy all the third party games on a Nintendo console, but is it worth it from a business POV? Is it possible to regain that demography back now? 

You are looking at it from the wrong perspective. as much as I prefer 2K Sports games over EA Sports games, FIFA and MADDEN is only made by them.

This is what the goal should be.

Bring back those Nintendo gamers who love 3rd party games but can't afford two consoles. Soo they get the 3rd party one as a couple first party games alone is not enough to win them. NOTE this will be a very small percentage like you say.

However the main goal of this exercise is to hook the kids before they gorw into teens and go "were are the sports games?" and then transition to the next console. 

Nintendo's rebuild of audience will be slow. They need to create enough variety so that the current kids who become adults stick with them instead of jump ship.

The window of opportunity will also be small, because each generation that the issue isn't fixed, the current kids that start to have kids in the future will not buy Nintendo for their kids  because they grew up on XBOX and SONY.

I am excluding the CASUAL MARKET as they are not reliable and will most liley stick to touch screen tablets and smart phones.

Around the Network

For generations I clamored for better 3rd party support. Now I don't care. All I want to see is what Nintendo will do with nx.

I assume the first games to appear will be Fifa and Madden. And then see how things go from there.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Soundwave said:

MLB/NBA/NHL streaming apps should be on Nintendo platforms, every other device and their grandpa have them, it's like not having a Netflix and Hulu app at this point.

Except in Australia, were they happy to take our cash for annual league passes but we need to signup to a us or canadian PSN account to get the MLB/NBA/NHL/NFL apps lol.

It a fricken app there shouldn't be regional restrictions on it lol.

Alby_da_Wolf said:

So, if they received those kits during Q4 2015, Q4 2017 launch confirmed for NX?

Why do you think that!? One year is more than enuf time to make ports for NX, especially if NX have similar power and architecture to X1/PS4.

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:

You are looking at it from the wrong perspective. as much as I prefer 2K Sports games over EA Sports games, FIFA and MADDEN is only made by them.

This is what the goal should be.

Bring back those Nintendo gamers who love 3rd party games but can't afford two consoles. Soo they get the 3rd party one as a couple first party games alone is not enough to win them. NOTE this will be a very small percentage like you say.

However the main goal of this exercise is to hook the kids before they gorw into teens and go "were are the sports games?" and then transition to the next console. 

Nintendo's rebuild of audience will be slow. They need to create enough variety so that the current kids who become adults stick with them instead of jump ship.

The window of opportunity will also be small, because each generation that the issue isn't fixed, the current kids that start to have kids in the future will not buy Nintendo for their kids  because they grew up on XBOX and SONY.

I am excluding the CASUAL MARKET as they are not reliable and will most liley stick to touch screen tablets and smart phones.

So a long term strategy. Yeah, I think they should take the risk with it, and see if they're capable of attract more people, even if it's a slow process. I must say I'm not convinced in this working short term, but maybe long term, yeah, it could work. They should try at least. I don't care about third party games, actually, but I care about Nintendo so the more money for them, the better xDDDDDD. 

Who is "Thrillho" ???

padib said:
Nintendo asks EA to make decent games on their consoles. Nintendo wants EA to budge on this.

Hahaha, yeah... I'm not going to be excited about this unless EA basically becomes a completely different company. I've been gaming for about 25 years and I think I've bought a total of three EA games. Nothing in the past eight years.

If EA want Nintendo to budge on supporting their sports games, I hope this means EA will return the favour by supporting them with something that's actually decent and speaks to Nintendo gamers.

Volterra_90 said:

So a long term strategy. Yeah, I think they should take the risk with it, and see if they're capable of attract more people, even if it's a slow process. I must say I'm not convinced in this working short term, but maybe long term, yeah, it could work. They should try at least. I don't care about third party games, actually, but I care about Nintendo so the more money for them, the better xDDDDDD. 

Well its more to ensure that they also have a decent core base in the future too. They need to retain the current kids into adulthood.

Because with every generation that lacks game genres, those kids who love Nintendo change consoles. Go a few more gens forward and those kids will not even remember Nintendo and get their kids are PLaysation or XBOX.

We grew up in a lucky era of NES, SNES and N64 to a degree. So I was conditioned for three gens to like Nintendo the most. So when I have a kid i'll get them a Nintendo. as much as they may hate me haha.

Those kids who moved onto PS1 and 2s by the time they have kids perhaps in PS5-7 era, they will get their kids a playstation.

RolStoppable said:

Two problems with your reasoning:

1. Nintendo will lose kids pretty much by default. The marketing campaigns of other companies are specifically tailored to make Nintendo perceived as uncool and kiddy, so the presence of certain games or lack thereof isn't going to make a difference. In Japan Nintendo has countered this with Monster Hunter, but that obviously only works because Monster Hunter is only on Nintendo. Anything that is multiplatform has no hope of working against the exodus of players.

2. Any kid who was exposed to Nintendo games usually has fond memories, plus the perception of what is good gaming changes over people's lifetimes. A kid might leave Nintendo consoles because "that's what grown-ups do", but once they become a parent themselves, they'll be more inclined to buy a Nintendo system again because Nintendo's competitors aren't all that mature. Nevermind that quite a few people use their kids as an excuse to relive their own childhood.

1. Absoultely they will need to work on their image too, but they need to start somewhere. If EA wants bundles then Nintendo needs to force with we want the latest version not one two years old rebranded as the latet version. Parityof software.

2. Agree again. That is what i said anyway lol. Ppint I was getting as is eventually those adults who have fond memories of Nintendo consoles will fade away. The adults will be the ones who think Nontendo is uncool so my kid should not be uncool.