By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Street Fighter V Fight Club

I'm going to come online tonight. If I see any of you I'll send a lobby invite.

Does anyone know if you can earn fight money in private lobbies?

Also, I've updated OP with amendments. Apologies to Rafie for the misunderstanding :p

On another note, I'll be in minus figures with league points. I usually win one match and lose 10. I need to up my game, but at the same time I can't be asked putting to much effort in.

Around the Network
Fei-Hung said:
Rafie said:

LOL Okay!

I'll edit and correct that. Can't wait for March update. We can have a vgs private lobby. 

Hell yeah VGS private lobby. We can get a bunch of games in. I can't wait!

Oh and damn Rangiku looks great there! LOL That is her, right?

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Rafie said:
Fei-Hung said:

I'll edit and correct that. Can't wait for March update. We can have a vgs private lobby. 

Hell yeah VGS private lobby. We can get a bunch of games in. I can't wait!

Oh and damn Rangiku looks great there! LOL That is her, right?

Yes it is. Rangiku always looks fine :p 

KManX89 said:
WC4Life said:

You just need to abuse the system against CPU. Get a knockdown, meaty jump-in (preferably cross-up) combo into another knockdown, repeat

Try to use a combo which leaves you automatically at cross-up distance so if CPU blocks the jump-in and follow up attacks (obviously don't do the combo ender) then you can go for another cross-up instantly.

I don't think completion score matters at all, you just get the one time "gift"-FM and some exp. which should level up your character and give FM. Most likely the exp. is also a one time thing too.

I have now 318k FM and I'm planning to grind Survival until 400k FM. I need to clear Normal Survival with almost every character and hopefully my psyche can take it, lol. Thankfully I have Hell (1 character) already in the bag but it left some deep scars. I also want to complete Bison Hard and once died at 46, CPU decided it was time for me to die . Yeah Survival is bullshit to the max.

No kidding. I completed stage 29 low on health with Cammy earlier today, and it gave me a BS low health supplement bonus when I conveniently got to the final stage, so yeah, I had no chance against Bison.

Pissed me off to the extreme.

Cammy's like a double-edged sword: she has powerful grab, critical and special moves, but low health. If you hit the right combos at exactly the right moments, she's unbeatable, man, but if you can't hit special moves on the fly, you simply can't win with her online. She takes way too much damage from critical, special and throw moves.

Hell, earlier today, I played guys using Laura 3 online matches in a row, and they kept spamming her insanely OP grab/armbar combo. It took out 1/5 of my health bar every time while playing with Cammy. 

That shyt needs to be nerfed big time in the next update. 

When I was doing Final Stage (stage-100) on Hell it was seriously terrifying. There was a real chance I could have lost it right at the end. Also after stage-75 or so, I became mad paranoid about getting disconnected from the Capcom servers. Hell, never again.

Most of the stuff that seems OP at first, works only when the game is new and people are unfamiliar fighting different characters. I'd say let the game mature a bit before asking nerfs/buffs.

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

Fei-Hung said:

Yeah, I'm really poo at cross-ups and combos lol

Biggest issue I have is not being able to pull off special moves during a fight on demand, but in training I ace them every time. 

You just need to grind the training room, it's muscle memory and nothing more. Until you got those specials on deck, you are playing an incomplete character. Something like doing AA DP consistently is difficult but that has more to do with reaction time than execution. A good strat is to learn a simple 2-part punish (normal xx special) after unsafe move and always use that. It's effective since you are limiting yourself to only one option and therefore you don't get confused during a real match.

Fei-Hung said:
I'm going to come online tonight. If I see any of you I'll send a lobby invite.

Does anyone know if you can earn fight money in private lobbies?

Also, I've updated OP with amendments. Apologies to Rafie for the misunderstanding :p

On another note, I'll be in minus figures with league points. I usually win one match and lose 10. I need to up my game, but at the same time I can't be asked putting to much effort in.

At the moment you only get FM in Ranked and Casual Matches. I think it might be the case for exp. too, so you really don't gain anything fighting in Battle Lounge. Capcom must have done it because 2 friends could just fight over and over letting the other player win and gain FM and exp. moderately fast.

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

Around the Network
Fei-Hung said:
WC4Life said:

You just need to abuse the system against CPU. Get a knockdown, meaty jump-in (preferably cross-up) combo into another knockdown, repeat

Try to use a combo which leaves you automatically at cross-up distance so if CPU blocks the jump-in and follow up attacks (obviously don't do the combo ender) then you can go for another cross-up instantly.

I don't think completion score matters at all, you just get the one time "gift"-FM and some exp. which should level up your character and give FM. Most likely the exp. is also a one time thing too.

I have now 318k FM and I'm planning to grind Survival until 400k FM. I need to clear Normal Survival with almost every character and hopefully my psyche can take it, lol. Thankfully I have Hell (1 character) already in the bag but it left some deep scars. I also want to complete Bison Hard and once died at 46, CPU decided it was time for me to die . Yeah Survival is bullshit to the max.

Biggest issue I have is not being able to pull off special moves during a fight on demand, but in training I ace them every time. 

I have this problem, too. Not only that, but I tend to go into full critical mode a lot easier and more frequently in training mode, too. 

Kinda hard to prepare me for the actual CPU modes (what little there are in the game ATM) and online when it gives me perks not available in the actual online/offline game modes.

Also, since we know they plan on updating this game for years with DLC, anyone else get the feeling we may see Morrigan in 2017's DLC lineup? Capcom really wanted to make DS4, but couldn't get it off the ground, plus, you know people are gonna go out in droves purchasing her, so I actually think it's a legit possibility! Not to mention, DS basically IS SF with a halloween theme, so she already fits into the SF universe, and it would even further diversify the roster. 

KManX89 said:
Fei-Hung said:

I have this problem, too. Not only that, but I tend to go into full critical mode a lot easier and more frequently in training mode, too. 

Kinda hard to prepare me for the actual CPU modes (what little there are in the game ATM) and online when it gives me perks not available in the actual online/offline game modes.

Also, since we know they plan on updating this game for years with DLC, anyone else get the feeling we may see Morrigan in 2017's DLC lineup? Capcom really wanted to make DS4, but couldn't get it off the ground, plus, you know people are gonna go out in droves purchasing her, so I actually think it's a legit possibility! Not to mention, DS basically IS SF with a halloween theme, so she already fits into the SF universe, and it would even further diversify the roster. 

It will be interesting to see what characters they add after the first 6 months. I'm pretty sure they will start adding a bunch of characters from both Sony games and Capcom games. I wouldn't be surprised to see Dante, Kratos, Guy, Morrigan and others. 

I think the survival mode needs fixing. The difficulty jumps up all of a sudden when you play on Normal and get to match 26/27. 

I'm having better matches online though. I've won over a dozen fights online now I think. Still really crap as I can't string together combos like the better players out there. How you all getting on? 

I'm doing alright, won my first online ranked match and I am generally winning more than losing, I've had about 9 fights now and mounted up 260lp. Cammy has always been my favorite character since super SF2 and as someone has already said on here if you fail to pull off a move or combo you get massively punished with her as her life is so low when it comes to taking damage.

I am massively enjoying the game though, I love the visuals the game looks stunning.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

It is not looking good for me at the moment, I don't have too much time my GF isn't living with me so I have to travel to her place, so I haven't touch the game for like 2 days now. My level is low (level 7 with Karin) because I haven't start the story mode but I m already in the second league in online ranking ( Im over 500 LP since you need to have 500+ League Points to go to the next league). I actually don't put any restrictions  when looking for players online since you learn more from a loose than a win, and since it is just the start it is good to know how good players win their matches.

I hope I will have some time today to play it again I love that game !

Gundam Extrem VS FORCE!!!                                            The KING Of Fighting Games is BACK #SFV   

Gaming consoles owned so far:-NES,- GB Advenced, -PS3,-XBOX360,- PS VITA, PS4!   PC: @i5 4570,GTX960 Factory Overclock

Make your own youtube channel to keep memories of your live gaming expirience

Official PSVita Thread!                                   Freedom Wars Threads!!                                COMG! Japan Pre-order chart

Do you drop lp when you lose?

I've played and won lots of matches but they were all non ranked I think so I got no lp.

The only restrictions I have is connection strength. I hate laggy fights.