By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do we (customer) really want Zelda Wii U on NX?

Do YOU want Zelda Wii U being on NX

Yes, I want it, because... 274 55.58%

No, I dont want it, because... 144 29.21%

Results 75 15.21%

Total:493

I want it only if it's launching together with the Wii-U version. If it comes a year later, I will just buy it on Wii-U and I don't double dip.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Thunderbird77 said:

Wii U didn't have high price and bad launch games, it did have a game drought right after launch. Also, ps4 and x1 weren't affected by bad launch games and high price.

Wii U had high price in comparison with PS3/Xbox360, same games looked and worked worse on Wii U than on PS3/360, so you having consumers asking why I would $50-100 more for console that is weaker than those older and cheaper ones!? Wii U price was high, even Nintendo said that price was higher than they wanted.

People on first place buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games, and if you dont have good and strong Nintendo game available there is no need to buy Nintendo console, on other hand people buy PS4/X1 because 3rd party games on first place, thats huge difference. Nintendo needs strong launch exclusives, PS/X dont need. Wii U had very bad launch title (Nintendo Land and NSMB HD, lol).

Of course it had high price in comparison to previous gen consoles.

Only ignorant people would think a console is weaker because of lazy ports running badly, especially with exclusives looking much better.

I say yes but that is because I am making an assumption that it will have added benefits to match whatever is an added benefit to the new console. If it only launches on Wii U, then I'll buy that and I have a strong opinion that I would still love the game.

Thunderbird77 said:

Only ignorant people would think a console is weaker because of lazy ports running badly, especially with exclusives looking much better.

The majority of Wii U exclusives doesn't look better than many 360 or PS3 exclusives.

RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

Not necessarily, no. If NSMB had strong system selling power, Wii U sales wouldn't have been so utterly abysmal just a few months after its release.

The Wii U is a piece of trash. After three years people should realize that, because every game Nintendo has made has failed to be a strong system seller. You could make the same flawed argument for every Nintendo game: "If Mario Kart had strong system selling power, Wii U sales wouldn't have been so utterly abysmal just a few weeks after its release."

NSMBU had a ~60% attach rate by the end of March 2013. It was basically the only reason why people bought a Wii U at the time. You don't get that kind of attach rate for an unbundled game when it is not a system seller. The Wii U is hardware that nobody wanted (huge step backwards after Wiimote/Nunchuk which were loved), but millions of people bought it anyway for no other reason than there were games that were too good to pass on. NSMBU was one of them.

MK8 moved far more Wii Us than NSMBU. After MK8, Wii U hardware sales remained far above baseline for months. On the other hand, once the Christmas holidays of 2012 ended, Wii U dropped like a lead balloon in spite of NSMBU still being fresh out of the oven.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

MK8 moved far more Wii Us than NSMBU. After MK8, Wii U hardware sales remained far above baseline for months. Once the Christmas holidays of 2012 ended, Wii U dropped like a rock in spite of NSMBU still being fresh out of the oven.

Any way you slice it, Mario Kart didn't raise Wii U sales to a level that could be considered good.

I never said it did. I'm just saying that it moved more hardware than NSMBU.

RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

I never said it did. I'm just saying that it moved more hardware than NSMBU.

So you realize that your argument was flawed? You read the post you responded to, right?

There is only so much that even the most desirable game can do for undesirable hardware, but one can still observe the effect that these games have on hardware. MK8 kept Wii U hardware sales higher for longer than NSMBU did.

Thunderbird77 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Wii U had high price in comparison with PS3/Xbox360, same games looked and worked worse on Wii U than on PS3/360, so you having consumers asking why I would $50-100 more for console that is weaker than those older and cheaper ones!? Wii U price was high, even Nintendo said that price was higher than they wanted.

People on first place buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games, and if you dont have good and strong Nintendo game available there is no need to buy Nintendo console, on other hand people buy PS4/X1 because 3rd party games on first place, thats huge difference. Nintendo needs strong launch exclusives, PS/X dont need. Wii U had very bad launch title (Nintendo Land and NSMB HD, lol).

Thats a point, even I do agree that those game were lazy ports, fact is that when Wii U was launched could only be compared with PS3/Xbox 360 and same games worked and run worse on Wii U that was more expansive around $100. Also launch Nintendo game (Nintendo Land and NSMBU) didnt look any better than games on PS3/Xbox360. So you basically had console with $100 higher price than old ones and where every game looks worse or in best case similar.

So like wrote, price point and weak launch titles were also one of problems on Wii U.

Wyrdness said:

Wii didn't have 100m people at launch did it, TP not only moved more hardware at launch then NSMBU it helped in giving the platform high momentum something that you can't argue here.

nope. wii sports mooved 90% of the wiis.

Miyamotoo said:

I know you refer gamepad to gimmick, again not popular gimmick isnt only reason why Wii U failed.

You just keep dening that things like bad launch titles, bad marketing and name, high price, software drouth...didnt had any impact on Wii U sales. And yes without those mistakes Wii U would easily pass 20m, just good and not misunderstood marketing would push Wii U above 20m

Because there is not a single hint that anything of that had a significant impact.

The cheaper wii u bundle didnt sold more then the premium one (priece probl no big impact)

Even with all great games out not, the sales are still almost the same. 

Even with better marketing now, the sales didnt changed.