By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why is Microsoft so bad at making interfaces?

pokoko said:

An upgrade is never as safe an option as a fresh installation.

Where did you hear this ?

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
pokoko said:

You referenced using W10 on a Surface Pro4 in a conversation about upgrading from W7 to W10.  You tell me.

Also, do you really believe that sample size proves that other people aren't having problems on their personal and gaming computers?

Does it matter when you get the very same Windows 10 as he does in the end ? 

It does? 

Windows 10 upgrading problems are well-documents.... and expected. Giving the vast number of hardware the OS is compatible with. Driver issues for example shouldn't be a problem on SP4 because that PC is designed to run Windows 10 and is rocking the latest hardwar. 

LurkerJ said:

It does? 

Windows 10 upgrading problems are well-documents.... and expected. Giving the vast number of hardware the OS is compatible with. Driver issues for example shouldn't be a problem on SP4 because that PC is designed to run Windows 10 and is rocking the latest hardwar. 

I'll admit that there are some hardware compatibility issues and I know I'm not the one to object that since I own an Intel Z170 chipset but WIndows 10 has the SAME system requirements as Windows 7 does ...

pokoko said:

An upgrade is never as safe an option as a fresh installation.

Where did you hear this ?

Where?  Pretty much everywhere.  Google it and take your pick.

http://www.howtogeek.com/142743/htg-explains-why-you-should-perform-clean-installs-not-upgrades/

I've had my Xbox one since March 2014 ... the UI has been improving month over month. Microsoft is consistently making it better with every update. I have the kinect which get the most out of the Xbox One UI. Microsoft should sell a cheap microphone that plug into the Kinect port and give you the voice command control to everyone that own an Xbox one. Microsoft has done a great job to cater to new customer that don't have Kinect and change the UI to support both users.

Windows 10 is great and I have no issue with it. It fix every concern I had with Windows 8 and is even better then windows 7. I think many of the people complaining about compatibility issues are simply using obsolete hardware and should simply revert back to the older OS.

Around the Network
LurkerJ said:

It does? 

I'll admit that there are some hardware compatibility issues and I know I'm not the one to object that since I own an Intel Z170 chipset but WIndows 10 has the SAME system requirements as Windows 7 does ...

... and it runs smoother than Windows 7 on the same hardware.. Don't get me wrong, I like Windows 10 a lot, waiting for the OS and Edge to mature before upgrading though, I can't wait to ditch Chrome. I just know, from personal experience, that some people had troubles upgrading and had to downgrade.

pokoko said:

http://www.howtogeek.com/142743/htg-explains-why-you-should-perform-clean-installs-not-upgrades/

Then just do a fresh reinstall with Windows 7 and then directly upgrade to Windows 10 once your done ... 

That wasn't so hard to sidestep the issues of old apps, now was it ? 

kowenicki said:
Ruler said:

they are: Android 

They aren't. They don't make any money doing that, none. They make money from ads, directly or indirectly, and pretty much nothing else.

Google (or recently Alphabet) is a conglomerate, not just an ad company. Just because forbes needs a classification system, it does not mean that they cannot be viewed as a primary software development company. Look at the wiki page, they seem to agree that they have more then just ads in the works:

The internet is wonderfull, you can use it for far more then simply browsing forbes 24/7.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

pokoko said:

Then just do a fresh reinstall with Windows 7 and then directly upgrade to Windows 10 once your done ... 

That wasn't so hard to sidestep the issues of old apps, now was it ? 

Or don't do it as all and be every bit as well off without a fraction of the trouble?  That's even easier, now isn't it?

kowenicki said:
Ruler said:

they are: Android 

They aren't. They don't make any money doing that, none. They make money from ads, directly or indirectly, and pretty much nothing else.

not true they are lincesing fees