By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SuperMetalDave rumor: FFVIIR and FFXV coming to NX, NX more powerful then PS4

I hope the NX is far more powerful, and not a tweener like the Wii U.

Around the Network

They have been trying to rebuild their relationship so it makes sense. What if FF15 is actually released the same day as NX.

I would really like if this turns out to be true. That's what I want from them... a decently powerful console with at least Japanese games: and Final Fantasy is a brilliant start. Let's hope for the best!

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Wouldn't surprise me, FFVII has wide appeal so releasing it on as many platforms as possible makes sense. FFXV makes sense to be on as many platforms as possible as well.

The rumour is plausible tbh, Xbox has no significant presence in Japan where consoles are declining so the only choice for a multiplatform release over there would be a Nintendo platform, I can see both these games releasing on all platforms eventually with a X1 version skipping Japan.

Around the Network

The NX will get games like FFXV and DQXI but if it sells like the Wii U those will be the last Square Enix RPGs on the console.

There's so many rumors at this point that I don't even know what to think. Though this would be a cool scenario.

The NX should be at least as powerful as the ps4. Hopefully even more powerful since the ps4 will have been out for three years when the NX Releases, maybe even more. I think it is safe to assume these games will eventually come out for the NX as well. It will just be interesting to see what Nintendo can do to regain a foothold in the console market. Will it be too far behind the ps4 at that point to make consumers interested?

This is my opinion, but I think FFVIIR coming to the NX was basically a lock as soon as we saw Cloud in Smash.

Square Enix is hugely important for the NX because they are one of the few 3rd party developers who is successful in the west and who is still providing strong support for Nintendo hardware (3DS). It will be a lot easier to get SE to take a chance on Nintendo's new console then it will be for Nintendo to win back a 3rd Party who got burned by the Wii U and are no longer developing anything for Nintendo.

John120219 said:
Jpcc86 said:
The did say FFVII would be a PS4 exclusive so I don't know about that.

No, they said it would arrive first on PS4, meaning it's a timed exclusive

Or console exclusive. The original FFVII "arrived first" on PS1......then it went to PC. 

Sony has been very specific this gen when it comes to wording. When they've sold 35 million PS4s, they specify 35 million sold to the consumer. When they say a game is a true exclusive, they say only can be played on PS4. When a game is console exclusive, they say only on PS4 and PC. When a game is timed exclusive, they say console debut on PS4. Every time.

So, "play it first" or "arrive first" on PS4 could very well mean PS4 first, then PC later. They can't say "console exclusive" because console exclusive means launching day and date with PC, which it isn't. Can't say "timed exclusive" because that would mean it's coming to another console later, which it may not. "Arrives first" circumvents both while remaining technically truthful. Valkyria Chronicles "arrived first" on PS3, then came to PC. Didn't mean it was timed exclusive.