By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SuperMetalDave rumor: FFVIIR and FFXV coming to NX, NX more powerful then PS4

Both will make it to NX. NX will become the Japanese version of Xbox in the US. Runner up with decent sales and dedicated fans. NX will get all of SE's love. The only real issue with NX will be whether or not they can get the Rockstars, Bethesdas, and Ea/Activisions of the world to port their western games to it.

Around the Network
bunchanumbers said:
Both will make it to NX. NX will become the Japanese version of Xbox in the US. Runner up with decent sales and dedicated fans. NX will get all of SE's love. The only real issue with NX will be whether or not they can get the Rockstars, Bethesdas, and Ea/Activisions of the world to port their western games to it.

That's the million dollar question. I think it will all depend on the first year sales, the big western publishers might bring their CoD, FIFA and AC to test the waters, and then continue the support if it gets them enough sales. But considering the NX will mostly be supported by eastern companies, I'm not nervious. I can get the western games on my PC.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Well at the end of the day these are rumors and this apparently credible person says the source may not be that credible. I'm slowly hearing more NX talk here and there from alleged developers, but what I say to that is, its nothing concrete enough so far to give much attention to without more information or context

Id be more surprised if NX wasn't more powerful tbh

Square Enix will be keeping an eye on this at a business stand point. What we know for sure is that FFVIIR, and FFXV will come out on PS4 first. A larger install base tends to bring it a bigger buck, so the NX will have to really prove itself to be worthwhile to release FFVIIR/FFXV on it because it has to compete against ps4 installbase of +37mil.

By the time the NX is out for sale, Nintendo will be relying on its own games to sell its system for sometime. A FFVIIR/FFXV port a year later mayhaps.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

I think NX will be HC... It can use à AMD carrizo APU... And accept multiplat...

Meelow said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDWlNBk9eow

So SuperMetalDave has been right tons of times and he has heard something new, however he said this is from someone that isn't the same amount of trustworthy as the other devs he has talked too, however the guy who told him this info has gotten info right before.

What you think?

Something about this seems off.  

Okay so my gripe with this is that he claims his source is a dev and honestly the only trustworthy dev for this speculation could be square. So either his source is square or this is horseshit.

Meelow said:
cycycychris said:

examples?

I can't really give you links because it's been a while but he works with (or I think ownes NintenGen) and he leaked a lot of Wii U info, from some games, to specs, etc.

So basically nothing then. Seriously

Illusion said:

This is my opinion, but I think FFVIIR coming to the NX was basically a lock as soon as we saw Cloud in Smash.

Square Enix is hugely important for the NX because they are one of the few 3rd party developers who is successful in the west and who is still providing strong support for Nintendo hardware (3DS). It will be a lot easier to get SE to take a chance on Nintendo's new console then it will be for Nintendo to win back a 3rd Party who got burned by the Wii U and are no longer developing anything for Nintendo.

You mean like Snake in Smash brawl?

deskpro2k3 said:

Square Enix will be keeping an eye on this at a business stand point. What we know for sure is that FFVIIR, and FFXV will come out on PS4 first. A larger install base tends to bring it a bigger buck, so the NX will have to really prove itself to be worthwhile to release FFVIIR/FFXV on it because it has to compete against ps4 installbase of +37mil.

By the time the NX is out for sale, Nintendo will be relying on its own games to sell its system for sometime. A FFVIIR/FFXV port a year later mayhaps.

Square Enix basicly announced new Dragon Quest games for NX, also Nintendo hardware is still very strong in Japan (main market for FF games), so there is no reason to not expect FFVIIR and FFXV on NX.