By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SuperMetalDave rumor: FFVIIR and FFXV coming to NX, NX more powerful then PS4

Miyamotoo said:

Few fact, Nintendo hardware is still very strong in Japan (much stronger than Sony if we look hardware sales this and previous gen, Nintendo sold 23m of hardware while till now while Sony sold 7m), Square Enix doesn't make any more only PS exclusives, Nintendo now has much better relations with Square Enix than before, Square Enix basicly announced new Dragon Quest games for NX, so there is no reason to not expect FFVIIR and FFXV on NX.

What do the 23m and 7m figures refer to? Wii+wiiu and Ps3+ps4? If so, your numbers are clearly wrong.

Around the Network

Hopefully it is true. XV and VII Remake both seem great and appeal to a wide audience of gamers. FF games in general could be the best selling RPGs on Nintendo consoles if SE made an effort.

Its all dependant on the NX's power. Personally I hope both are true, as I want to play the best possible console version of each game.

If the NX is more powerful then the PS4  (likely if a traditional console with only minor gimmicks) then this isn't a real surprise. SE and many other Japanese developers must be very much awoke to the fact that they won't get much money from the Xbox One based on the performance of Type 0 and MGSV.

Another home console entering the market which is more powerful and caters more to japanese taste will be a blessing for them. Especially if they believe the system has the ability to captitalise off the success of handheld games such as Yokai Watch, Pokemon and Monster Hunter (NX home console running NX handheld games). This will boost the potential success of home console games in Japan by a lot, which for some franchises is around 1/2 or even more of their gobal sales overall.

Across the board developers will put support towards systems they think will be  a success and systems which will help them achieve their vision & harbour a an audience suitable for their games. So until we know what the NX is its anyones guess, what type of games we'll see on it.

I'd buy those games so fucking quickly lol.

VXIII said:
Hopefully it is true. XV and VII Remake both seem great and appeal to a wide audience of gamers. FF games in general could be the best selling RPGs on Nintendo consoles if SE made an effort.

If SE made an effort we'd be on FF18 by now and all of them would be on One, PS4 and Wii U.

On topic, NX should be more powerful, if it's a home console. It's 3 years since PS4/Xbone were announced so the technology is that old as well. NX would have new technology which means more power.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

I couldn´t care less for VII Remake, but if they release XV on the NX I might buy it. I´d rather they release Dragon Quest XI honestly, or even Kindom Hearts 3.

I hope so. but in a good way!

Switch!!!

Not believing anything until Square Enix themselves say it

Would indeed be cool if they did it though

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

Didn't an insider say that FFVIIR exclusivity would be like SFV exclusivity ?

Miyamotoo said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Square Enix will be keeping an eye on this at a business stand point. What we know for sure is that FFVIIR, and FFXV will come out on PS4 first. A larger install base tends to bring it a bigger buck, so the NX will have to really prove itself to be worthwhile to release FFVIIR/FFXV on it because it has to compete against ps4 installbase of +37mil.

By the time the NX is out for sale, Nintendo will be relying on its own games to sell its system for sometime. A FFVIIR/FFXV port a year later mayhaps.

Square Enix basicly announced new Dragon Quest games for NX, also Nintendo hardware is still very strong in Japan (main market for FF games), so there is no reason to not expect FFVIIR and FFXV on NX.

Hey I don't doubt you, but I don't think we're on the same page here. Are you sure I said FFVIIR and FFXV won't come out for NX?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5