By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Reality check for some anti-Trump liberals

Unless you overhaul congress, you can forget about Bernie Sanders doing anything he is says he will do. This is the problem I have with Bernie. What he is presenting is unrealistic and its pandering for votes. You only have to look at Obama terms to see how what you want to do and what you can do will always be determined by what can pass the house and Senate.

People may not like Hilary but you know something, she is grounded and understand the office and what can be accomplished. Things will get done with Hilary because she knows how to work the political lines and she is not shy going to both sides to make deals. If a president cannot make deals on both Dems and Rebs then a president will not get anything done. This is one of the major problems with Obama is that he would not deal and thus a lot of things he wanted to do got stumped.

Trump will have the same problems. He alienate a lot of people on both sides of the political front. A lot of the things he says will never get done just like Bernie Sanders and thus they are just political ploys to win votes. With the House and Senate controlled by the Republican party, picking a true Republican probably is the only way you would see something get done unless you are opposed to what they want to do.

IMHO only Hilary or Cruz probably have a chance to really do anything when in office but the issue is do you want what they can do.

Around the Network

I don't care much for Clinton but I find it scary how you people think Trump's "honesty" (if you could call it that) is an actual quality for a position that requieres extensive diplomacy skills.

It's not weird that Trump leads the polls. he is a showman while everyone else is a politician. For the same reason I heavily doubt he will be the republican's running man.

reggin_bolas said:
Most of you aren't aware of this but I strongly believe that your penchant belief in liberalism will lead to two inevitable future outcomes:

Man-child sexual relationships will become normalized. This has long been a sub-goal of the gay rights movement though not commonly acknowledged. These can be seen as clandestine parallel interests. It's better for you liberals to focus on gay marriage since it has popular traction in the present.

Polyamory replacing what is left of the nuclear family. That's right, some other dude will fuck your girlfriend and you will be totally okay with that. Forgive the crudeness of my language but I'm not okay with it hence why I will root for Trump to reverse or at least slow down these developments.

Hahahahaha, this might be the most nutty post I've ever seen in my 5 years here. 

It's as dumb as saying conservatism leads to Taliba/ISIS like sexual conservatism where all women will have to wear burqas, music is outlawed, TV is outlawed, etc.

Also TRUMP as the guy who's going to bring back "family values" ahahahahahahahahahaha. This is the same dude who said he'd date his daughter because she was hot if she wasn't (well) his daughter. This is the dude that runs the Miss Universe paegent likely to get some 18-19 year old piece of ass who wants to get "ahead" in life. His trophy wife is half his age. 

And you know what ... I don't have a problem with any of that. There's no point to being rich and powerful if you can't get laid on the side, I'm sure Donald has had his share of women half his age, it's common for "business moguls", he's probably had more affairs than all the other candidates combined (lol at Ted Cruz). 

And if you're worried about your girlfriend fucking some other dude, it's probably because she does want to fuck some other dude (ie: goodie two shoes guys who "wait until marriage" to pop their cherry usually don't know the first thing about pleasing a woman in bed, there's a reason women are naturally attracted to "bad boys" and not the choir boy).

The user was warned for this post - VXIII

Torillian said:
reggin_bolas said:
Most of you aren't aware of this but I strongly believe that your penchant belief in liberalism will lead to two inevitable future outcomes:

Man-child sexual relationships will become normalized. This has long been a sub-goal of the gay rights movement though not commonly acknowledged. These can be seen as clandestine parallel interests. It's better for you liberals to focus on gay marriage since it has popular traction in the present.

Polyamory replacing what is left of the nuclear family. That's right, some other dude will fuck your girlfriend and you will be totally okay with that. Forgive the crudeness of my language but I'm not okay with it hence why I will root for Trump to reverse or at least slow down these developments.

The first is ridiculous because there's a clear line in the sand of what's acceptable and what's not.  The key phrase is "consenting adults".  

The second would be fine if that's how society worked.  We'd all be used to it and wouldn't bat an eye.  I'm the jealous type, but I'd assume if I grew up in a culture where polyamory was the norm I'd be much less likely to be jealous.  

The thing is most people don't have enough free time or money to be involved in polygamy or polyamory so even if marriage becomes a lot less common it doesn't mean that polyamory would take over and become the norm.

Chris Hu said:
Torillian said:

The first is ridiculous because there's a clear line in the sand of what's acceptable and what's not.  The key phrase is "consenting adults".  

The second would be fine if that's how society worked.  We'd all be used to it and wouldn't bat an eye.  I'm the jealous type, but I'd assume if I grew up in a culture where polyamory was the norm I'd be much less likely to be jealous.  

The thing is most people don't have enough free time or money to be involved in polygamy or polyamory so even if marriage becomes a lot less common it doesn't mean that polyamory would take over and become the norm.

Forgot about that but I agree.  Once talked with a guy on the bus about his polyamorous lifestyle and came away happy that I only have to try to maintain a single relationship.  The amount of time and energy he spent making it work didn't seem doable for most.

Around the Network

Isn't polygamous marriage something religious nuts generally push for the hardest anyway?

reggin_bolas said:

You're a fucking idiot.

User was modreated for this post ~ CGI-Quality

If I had to choose between the two... Trump over Hillary.

This thread is going nowhere. Users are breaking the rules and insulting each other despite the warnings. Locking.