By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Kobe or Lebron?

Kobe 118 67.05%

Lebron 58 32.95%

Total:176
Mike321 said:
I´m going to copy something Larry Bird a while ago, it's pretty much how I feel about this kobe vs lebron debate:

"But, if you want to have fun, like I did with Bill Walton, play with LeBron. It would have probably been more fun to play with LeBron, but if you want to win and win and win, it's Kobe. Not that LeBron's not a winner, just that [Kobe's] mindset is to go into every practice, every game, to get better."

Both are great competitors and winners, Lebron is a better teammate but Kobe is the best players.

Come on now Kobe really isn't a winner the titles he won are mostly due to his supporting cast and great coaching he couldn't even get Malone and Payton a ring and San Antionio defeated the almost identical Pistons team a year later.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
Mike321 said:
I´m going to copy something Larry Bird a while ago, it's pretty much how I feel about this kobe vs lebron debate:

"But, if you want to have fun, like I did with Bill Walton, play with LeBron. It would have probably been more fun to play with LeBron, but if you want to win and win and win, it's Kobe. Not that LeBron's not a winner, just that [Kobe's] mindset is to go into every practice, every game, to get better."

Both are great competitors and winners, Lebron is a better teammate but Kobe is the best players.

Come on now Kobe really isn't a winner the titles he won are mostly due to his supporting cast and great coaching he couldn't even get Malone and Payton a ring and San Antionio defeated the almost identical Pistons team a year later.

So he won because he had a great supporting case and coaching (like all great players with rings), but it's his fault—not the team's—that a broken down Malone and Payton couldn't get a ring? What kind of backwards ass logic is that?

Kobe

Shadow8 said:
Kobe no doubt, been a lakers fan since I saw Kobe all those years back(and still am even though this season hasnt been good...like at all for the lakers). Never liked Lebron at all, I'll admit he's a great player though, but highly overrated. Prefer Durant and Curry to him.

I'll easily take Durant over Lebron or Kobe. Durant is extremely dangerous. Shoots as efficiently as Curry, has amazing dribbling skills, sets up plays, drives extremely well... Add Westbrook and you're guaranteed to be a top 5 team. 

Durant and Westbrook is probably one of my favorite duo. If Derrick Rose stayed healthy, I would probably have Rose+Butler on my list as well

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Turkish said:
Dirk Nowitzki

I love Dirk, probably my favorite player of all time (along with Wilt Chamberlain) he is the reason I started watching basketball

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
Mike321 said:

Yeah Michael Jordan isn't a winner either because the titles he won are mostly due to his supporting cast and great coaching. 

Same could be said about LeBron.

And Magic.

And everyone else.

Also, to the people praising Jordan and calling Kobe a simple ball hog and scorer, both Jordan and Kobe averaged about 5 assists per game in their career (Jordan 5.3, Kobe 4.7). Jordan is clearly the better player but to say Kobe was just a ball hog is stupid

I'm biased but Kobe's playing style is way more fun to watch than Lebron's.

Cirio said:
Also, to the people praising Jordan and calling Kobe a simple ball hog and scorer, both Jordan and Kobe averaged about 5 assists per game in their career (Jordan 5.3, Kobe 4.7). Jordan is clearly the better player but to say Kobe was just a ball hog is stupid

I'd say Kobe even later in his years was prone to "ball hogging" more than Jordan. He just wasn't as smart of a player, Jordan had scoring 32 a game down to basically a science so he was fine passing the ball around, Kobe would go outside the offence and ignore the coach moreso. 

Not to say Kobe isn't a great player, he definitely was, but Jordan kinda grew out of that "I gotta score 40 every night" mentality to adopt a smarter style of player towards the end of his career. Kobe was more prone to be goaded into taking bad shots. 

More fun to watch? Kobe, without question. From opening tip to the final buzzer he was the most ruthless, relentless, cold-blooded killer on that floor. His intense desire to win was amazing and just how skilled he was, was also amazing. I'm really going to miss him when he's gone.