By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Kobe or Lebron?

Kobe 118 67.05%

Lebron 58 32.95%

Total:176

Jordan? No.
LeBron? I'd say they're equal.
LeBron's the better passer, rebounder, and team player. Kobe's the better scorer, ball handler, and defender.
True there were players that hated playing with Kobe like, Smush Parker, Kwame Brown, Dwight Howard, etc. But there are also guys who would take having Kobe as a teammate over LeBron. Like Larry Bird, Shaq, and Michael himself.

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:

Jordan? No.
LeBron? I'd say they're equal.
LeBron's the better passer, rebounder, and team player. Kobe's the better scorer, ball handler, and defender.
True there were players that hated playing with Kobe like, Smush Parker, Kwame Brown, Dwight Howard, etc. But there are also guys who would take having Kobe as a teammate over LeBron. Like Larry Bird, Shaq, and Michael himself.

Come on now the main reason Shaq left the Lakers is because of Kobe.  Hell even Phil left because he got tired of Kobe.

Kobe was A reason, but not THE reason.
The main reason Shaq left was simple: Shaq wanted to be paid $30 million a year, Dr. Jerry Buss (God rest his soul) wasn't going to pay him.
Shaq even said so himself:
https://youtu.be/j7LOi1F4DwE
Now obviously Shaq is full of it when he says there wasn't a bad relationship, but as a professional athlete, your career is very short, so you look to make as much money as you can in that time frame. But that wasn't happening for Shaq.
As for Phil: He came back didn't he? He and Kobe worked it out and got 2 more titles together. So what happened between them doesn't matter now because they worked it out it, put it behind them, and made more history.

PAOerfulone said:

Kobe was A reason, but not THE reason.
The main reason Shaq left was simple: Shaq wanted to be paid $30 million a year, Dr. Jerry Buss (God rest his soul) wasn't going to pay him.
Shaq even said so himself:
https://youtu.be/j7LOi1F4DwE
Now obviously Shaq is full of it when he says there wasn't a bad relationship, but as a professional athlete, your career is very short, so you look to make as much money as you can in that time frame. But that wasn't happening for Shaq.
As for Phil: He came back didn't he? He and Kobe worked it out and got 2 more titles together. So what happened between them doesn't matter now because they worked it out it, put it behind them, and made more history.

Phil might have came back but he left again mostly because of Kobe.  So not only where there a ton of players that left because of Kobe being a lousy teammate he also made one of the best coaches of all time leave twice because he isn't that coachable either.

Baron Davis

Around the Network

Phil leaving again had absolutely nothing to do with Kobe. Phil was forced out the door by that horrible excuse of an owner named Jim Buss, who wanted no part of Phil or anything related to Phil and wanted to construct the team his way and let his own emotions get in the way of the Lakers and whatever glory the Lakers used to have and were known for.
And I'll just leave it at that because if we get into that topic of Jim Buss and where the Lakers are now, I'll go absolutely crazy.
And ALL players come and go in a great player's career. As for all those players who left because of Kobe, where are they now? What did they accomplish in their careers? Guys like Smush Parker, Kwame Brown, Dwight Howard, etc. Last I checked Smush and Kwame are nowhere to be scene and Dwight is with a struggling Rockets team that has no shot at a title anytime soon.
Whereas look at the guys who wanted to play with Kobe, and stuck around with Kobe until THEY were eventually forced out by management, guys like Lamar Odom and Pau Gasol, who got 2 titles with him, even Derek Fisher who came back after a few seasons gone and he won more titles with Kobe.
Larry, Shaq, and Michael have said multiple times that they'd have anted to play with a guy like Kobe, Dwayne Wade has said it as well, Magic, Kareem, and countless other greats to play the game. And I'm going to take their opinions and values over some benchwarmer/role player who barely sniffs the playoffs in their career.

PAOerfulone said:

Phil leaving again had absolutely nothing to do with Kobe. Phil was forced out the door by that horrible excuse of an owner named Jim Buss, who wanted no part of Phil or anything related to Phil and wanted to construct the team his way and let his own emotions get in the way of the Lakers and whatever glory the Lakers used to have and were known for.
And I'll just leave it at that because if we get into that topic of Jim Buss and where the Lakers are now, I'll go absolutely crazy.
And ALL players come and go in a great player's career. As for all those players who left because of Kobe, where are they now? What did they accomplish in their careers? Guys like Smush Parker, Kwame Brown, Dwight Howard, etc. Last I checked Smush and Kwame are nowhere to be scene and Dwight is with a struggling Rockets team that has no shot at a title anytime soon.
Whereas look at the guys who wanted to play with Kobe, and stuck around with Kobe until THEY were eventually forced out by management, guys like Lamar Odom and Pau Gasol, who got 2 titles with him, even Derek Fisher who came back after a few seasons gone and he won more titles with Kobe.
Larry, Shaq, and Michael have said multiple times that they'd have anted to play with a guy like Kobe, Dwayne Wade has said it as well, Magic, Kareem, and countless other greats to play the game. And I'm going to take their opinions and values over some benchwarmer/role player who barely sniffs the playoffs in their career.

Well there might be a lot of players that say that they wanted to play with Kobe but most of them probably would chance their opion quicker then Shaq if they actually had Kobe as a teammate.  Since its a well known fact that Kobe is a selfish player and a lousy teammate and team player.

Count to Five.

Also, don't know if you remember, but Shaq also did play with LeBron, albeit for one season, but he did play with him.
So he would know better than anyone what it's like to play with both, and when asked which one he would've preferred, guess who he picked?

PAOerfulone said:

Also, don't know if you remember, but Shaq also did play with LeBron, albeit for one season, but he did play with him.
So he would know better than anyone what it's like to play with both, and when asked which one he would've preferred, guess who he picked?

Well you can write that off as sour grapes for him not winning another title.  Kobe sucker punched Samaki Walker over $100 dollars.  Considering how much money he has that would be like me sucker punching someone over 5 cents. 

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/los-angeles-lakers-samaki-walker-kobe-bryant-punch-2002-blake-griffin-012616