By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - January 2016 NPD Thread! PS4 #1

Farsala said:
So... even gaf cannot get NPD numbers now.

Probably the saddest thing for this sales forum is the lack of NPD transparency this gen. When 360 was dominating and NPD was very open, is when Vgchartz peaked. Then the decline starts when NPD stopped...

For who NPD, give those numbers ?, just for the companies ?.

Around the Network
Swordmasterman said:
Farsala said:
So... even gaf cannot get NPD numbers now.

Probably the saddest thing for this sales forum is the lack of NPD transparency this gen. When 360 was dominating and NPD was very open, is when Vgchartz peaked. Then the decline starts when NPD stopped...

Anyone that pays. Much like Vgchartz you can pay a premium ie: $10,000+ a month or something.

Farsala said:
Swordmasterman said:

Anyone that pays. Much like Vgchartz you can pay a premium ie: $10,000+ a month or something.

WTF, i think that only a Company would do that, is sad that there is no one left to give the numbers.

No software? Meh.

Last edited by OttoniBastos - on 08 August 2018

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
AZWification said:

.  It also means New 3DS was a failure at stopping the decline of 3DS sales.  Doesn't bold well with Nintendo banking on combining their HH and home markets when both are doing poorly.

I wouldn't really be taking 3ds hw sales from 2015 and comparing it to the NX. Yes n3ds didn't stop the decline (though you could say it was a huge success in japan at least), but stating it doesn't bold well with nintendo combining hw with its home division? Based off 2015 which overall was a terrible software output for 3ds games? (outside japan)

Look at previous years with 3ds sales, it didn't do that bad at all, im fact it did pretty well quite alot early on, And besides NX is awhole new experience in gaming industry. 1 major weakness nintendo has had is the relleases of new games. Combining HW will literally mean more software since it'll be technically 1 console. Basically saying its too early to judge either way

NeoGAF mods knew they really fucked up by banning my friend George, and now they're flatout lying to save face.

Admin Nirolak:

"George was a many-times permanently banned member who you guys didn't seem too sad about losing the last few times their alts were discovered."

This right here is a flatout lie. An absolute, complete lie that doesn't make any sense. I know I certainly did not make "many alts." I gave up NeoGAF after trying to get unbanned for months with radio silence from the mod team even though my ban was self-requested.

NeoGAF members are getting restless that their only source of data was banned for a bullshit reason. There are even calls to unban him, which I find really sweet. And now, just as I expected, the mods are trying to spin a new story to get them to calm down instead of doing the right thing and admitting their mistake and unbanning him.

These blatant lies are unconscionable and should not be tolerated.

What a shame

Aquamarine said:

NeoGAF mods knew they really fucked up by banning my friend George, and now they're flatout lying to save face.

Admin Nirolak:

"George was a many-times banned member who you guys didn't seem too sad about losing the last few times their alts were discovered."

This right here is a flatout lie. An absolute, complete lie. NeoGAF members are getting restless that their only source of data was banned for a bullshit reason. There are even calls to unban him, which I find really sweet. And now, just as I expected, the mods are trying to spin a new story to get them to calm down instead of doing the right thing and admitting their mistake and unbanning him.

I agree. Neogaf mods are really doing bad job in bans and they should be more open to give the reason and discusss it when someone callled instead of doing sillently whatever they want as they have power to do.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Aquamarine said:

Admin Nirolak:

"George was a many-times permanently banned member who you guys didn't seem too sad about losing the last few times their alts were discovered."

This right here is a flatout lie. An absolute, complete lie that doesn't make any sense. I know I certainly did not make "many alts." I gave up NeoGAF after trying to get unbanned for months with radio silence from the mod team even though my ban was self-requested.

NeoGAF members are getting restless that their only source of data was banned for a bullshit reason. There are even calls to unban him, which I find really sweet. And now, just as I expected, the mods are trying to spin a new story to get them to calm down instead of doing the right thing and admitting their mistake and unbanning him.

throw neogaf away, and come here on vgchartz with your friend.

It would be a big hit for them.