By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - January 2016 NPD Thread! PS4 #1

Aquamarine said:

NeoGAF mods knew they really fucked up by banning my friend George, and now they're flatout lying to save face.

Admin Nirolak:

"George was a many-times permanently banned member who you guys didn't seem too sad about losing the last few times their alts were discovered."

This right here is a flatout lie. An absolute, complete lie that doesn't make any sense. I know I certainly did not make "many alts." I gave up NeoGAF after trying to get unbanned for months with radio silence from the mod team even though my ban was self-requested.

NeoGAF members are getting restless that their only source of data was banned for a bullshit reason. There are even calls to unban him, which I find really sweet. And now, just as I expected, the mods are trying to spin a new story to get them to calm down instead of doing the right thing and admitting their mistake and unbanning him.

These blatant lies are unconscionable and should not be tolerated.

I think a lot of Gaf members suspect this but dare not express it in the thread. Thank you for clarifying things here.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
Aquamarine said:

NeoGAF mods knew they really fucked up by banning my friend George, and now they're flatout lying to save face.

Admin Nirolak:

"George was a many-times permanently banned member who you guys didn't seem too sad about losing the last few times their alts were discovered."

This right here is a flatout lie. An absolute, complete lie that doesn't make any sense. I know I certainly did not make "many alts." I gave up NeoGAF after trying to get unbanned for months with radio silence from the mod team even though my ban was self-requested.

NeoGAF members are getting restless that their only source of data was banned for a bullshit reason. There are even calls to unban him, which I find really sweet. And now, just as I expected, the mods are trying to spin a new story to get them to calm down instead of doing the right thing and admitting their mistake and unbanning him.

If possible, post the numbers here, just once. People on NeoGAF will absolutely flipp their shit if VGChartz has the numbers instead of them.

Shadow1980 said:
Aquamarine said:

Admin Nirolak:

Please, please, pleeeaase try to convince him to post the numbers at some other venue. If not here, then somewhere. Twitter or some other social media or some other gaming forum or on a blog. GAF doesn't have to be the only place NPD numbers get published. I'm going bonkers without numbers. We'll all be your BFF forever* if you can get him to start publishing numbers publicly again.

*redundant acronym intentional

It would seem like you have RAS syndrome*

*Redundant Acronym Syndrome syndrome.

Aqua I don't want to be rude but do you plan to post regularly on vgc or just use it as a platform to expose the GAF mods. It'll be a shame if the only times we see you on here is when you want to talk about the GAF mods.
You would be a great asset to our forums.

SWORDF1SH said:
Aqua I don't want to be rude but do you plan to post regularly on vgc or just use it as a platform to expose the GAF mods. It'll be a shame if the only times we see you on here is when you want to talk about the GAF mods.

Well, I've been trying to wind down my forum activity, for two reasons:

1) I've been put through a lot of drama and nonsense throughout the years by being a regular forum member. For example, back in 2014 NPD management used to harass me to no end and caused issues at my job. And to be honest with you, I really don't miss that stress.

2) I've continued to rise through the ranks at my career, and with each new level of responsibility I don't really have the time to be casually posting on forums all the time anymore. I work really long hours (I'm even posting this while at work).

So I mean...I don't know, man. I'll think about it. I'm using it as a platform at present because people deserve to know the truth. George gave you guys numbers...that's pretty damn relevant to this thread especially considering there have been zero NPD leaks this month and if George weren't banned there could have been a whole bunch of stuff revealed.

That's why I wanted George to act as my successor, to help people out because I'm just too busy...because I mean, the most important part of what I used to do for GAF was reveal NPD numbers. I know I had a lot of insight into the industry as well, but that's the primary reason people cared about me.

Since that incident, everything has been really quiet over at NPD HQ. I've tried to get in contact with them a couple of times, but I haven't received any response. Which I mean, the whole NPD George / NDP Mulcair experiment was a catastrophic failure and a huge slap in the face to their generosity thanks to GAF mods, so I get it. Maybe I'll go and pay them a visit when I have the freetime.

But again, as I said last month, I'm watched like a hawk. If I reveal numbers, it can't be done without their permission. George was from NPD so he could reveal whatever he felt like...not so much in my situation because they know exactly who I am in real life.

Around the Network
Aquamarine said:
SWORDF1SH said:

...because I mean, the most important part of what I used to do for GAF was reveal NPD numbers. I know I had a lot of insight into the industry as well, but that's the primary reason people cared about me.

As someone who reads, but doesn't post on GAF, I'd just like to say that your discussion was just as welcome as the actual numbers.

It seems like its over, not even cream is posting numbers.

Getting NPD source on here would bring in more people so its win win.

Aquamarine said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Well, I've been trying to wind down my forum activity, for two reasons:

1) I've been put through a lot of drama and nonsense throughout the years by being a regular forum member. For example, back in 2014 NPD management used to harass me to no end and caused issues at my job. And to be honest with you, I really don't miss that stress.

2) I've continued to rise through the ranks at my career, and with each new level of responsibility I don't really have the time to be casually posting on forums all the time anymore. I work really long hours (I'm even posting this while at work).

So I mean...I don't know, man. I'll think about it. I'm using it as a platform at present because people deserve to know the truth. George gave you guys numbers...that's pretty damn relevant to this thread especially considering there have been zero NPD leaks this month and if George weren't banned there could have been a whole bunch of stuff revealed.

That's why I wanted George to act as my successor, to help people out because I'm just too busy...because I mean, the most important part of what I used to do for GAF was reveal NPD numbers. I know I had a lot of insight into the industry as well, but that's the primary reason people cared about me.

Since that incident, everything has been really quiet over at NPD HQ. I've tried to get in contact with them a couple of times, but I haven't received any response. Which I mean, the whole NPD George / NDP Mulcair experiment was a catastrophic failure and a huge slap in the face to their generosity thanks to GAF mods, so I get it. Maybe I'll go and pay them a visit when I have the freetime.

But again, as I said last month, I'm watched like a hawk. If I reveal numbers, it can't be done without their permission. George was from NPD so he could reveal whatever he felt like...not so much in my situation because they know exactly who I am in real life.

You don't come in contact with George since the incident? If NPD allowed him to post numbers I suppose he can do that in other place, maybe not here because VGC kinda competes with NPD, but there's several other options.

GribbleGrunger said:
Aquamarine said:

Admin Nirolak:

I think a lot of Gaf members suspect this but dare not express it in the thread. Thank you for clarifying things here.

That's exactly it. On GAF you run the risk of getting banned if you even attempt to question these kind of things, so people are afraid to do so. It's absurd.