By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I don't like Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection so far...

Mr Puggsly said:
CGI-Quality said:

Good thing we aren't talking about a shallow franchise. ;)

Well, we know it isn't of little depth, so then we know shallow doesn't apply to Uncharted. :P

Btw, which of the three home releases do you favor? Just curious.

Well lets agree to disagree on the shallow thing. But waves and waves of bullet sponge enemies used to pad a game out feels shallow to me.

I am partial to Uncharted 3. I enjoyed the story and levels more. The final level was probably my favorite in the series as well.

You keep saying that, and I sort of agree for the first game, not so much bullet sponges, but there are an awful lot of enemies. But I don't see how like...3 shots to go down makes them bullet sponges.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Slimebeast said:

How?! They're the same game! Exactly the same design, only one game has a woman, the other has a dude.

No, Tomb Raider is more about exploration, you can freely return to areas to find secrets, there are hidden tombs, it has hunting, abilities to unlock, deeper combat, more stealth, etc. Tomb Raider and ROTTR are practically RPGs like Assassins Creed.

Uncharted on the otherhand is a much more linear experience with less content and features.

The exploration wasn't there in the last TR though and hunting was there only for smoke and mirrors without any real effect. I hunted maybe 2 deers in the beginning? Tombs in the last game, I mabe visited 5. Please don't call these RPGs lol and neither is Assassin's Creed an RPG. Adventure games though they are.

Honestly both games are linear and play like Hollywood movies with limited interaction, unless you play on the hardest difficulty setting which makes gunfights challengin. It's an experience more than a game on default difficulty.

I dislike both games though so what am I even doing here lol

Mr Puggsly said:
Angelv577 said:

Exactly this.  If the game really has som sort of exploration, I couldn't bother with it because everythingelse were meh.  Too slow, meh story and not all that great level design made me rush the game and get over with it.

Hey, god forbid a game about an explorer have more exploration. Right?

All Im saying is Uncharted being more like Tomb Raider and less Call of Duty would be nice.

If that is what you like good for you but for me , I rather have the same uncharted then try to do what the reboot did.  What is the point of exploration if everything else are meh.  Exploration are like side quest.  If the game principal mission are meh, why bother with the rest.  the game might have good things to offer aside of the main story but I couldnt bother with it because it failed to engage me in any significant way.  For what I heard the new TR is a lot better so I am willing to give it a try.  

You enjoyed the game so all that exploration didnt feel like a chore to you, cant say the same about me.  We definitely have different taste.

Slimebeast said:
Mr Puggsly said:

No, Tomb Raider is more about exploration, you can freely return to areas to find secrets, there are hidden tombs, it has hunting, abilities to unlock, deeper combat, more stealth, etc. Tomb Raider and ROTTR are practically RPGs like Assassins Creed.

Uncharted on the otherhand is a much more linear experience with less content and features.

The exploration wasn't there in the last TR though and hunting was there only for smoke and mirrors without any real effect. I hunted maybe 2 deers in the beginning? Tombs in the last game, I mabe visited 5. Please don't call these RPGs lol and neither is Assassin's Creed an RPG. Adventure games though they are.

Honestly both games are linear and play like Hollywood movies with limited interaction, unless you play on the hardest difficulty setting which makes gunfights challengin. It's an experience more than a game on default difficulty.

I dislike both games though so what am I even doing here lol

There was plenty of exploration to do in the last TR. There were numerous tombs hidden away that aren't even part of the story and many other things hidden around the world. After you complete the game, you can even go back and find things you may have missed. Not just go back to previous levels either, you just explore the world in that game.

Games today are often an amalgamation of multiple genres. Uncharted is a straight forward linear action game. As I've pointed out, not much exploration in Uncharted and no abilities unlocked or upgraded from my memory. Push forward, climb this and that, try to shoot waves of enemies in the face.

Tomb Raider however had a world you can more freely explore, lots of things hidden around, optional tombs, and abilities to unlock via finding items or buy  with XP. If you don't see Tomb Raider and AC have a lot of RPG elements, well you're ignoring the obvious.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Angelv577 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Hey, god forbid a game about an explorer have more exploration. Right?

All Im saying is Uncharted being more like Tomb Raider and less Call of Duty would be nice.

If that is what you like good for you but for me , I rather have the same uncharted then try to do what the reboot did.  What is the point of exploration if everything else are meh.  Exploration are like side quest.  If the game principal mission are meh, why bother with the rest.  the game might have good things to offer aside of the main story but I couldnt bother with it because it failed to engage me in any significant way.  For what I heard the new TR is a lot better so I am willing to give it a try.  

You enjoyed the game so all that exploration didnt feel like a chore to you, cant say the same about me.  We definitely have different taste.

I'm not sure what you're saying. You can have exploration and still deliver an experience similar to previous Uncharted games. Frankly, that's what Tomb Raider 2013 and ROTTR does. The Tomb Raider games can feel like a pretty straight forward action game if you want, but there is also plenty of side stuff to do. Lastly, a less linear experience doesn't mean you have to exactly what Tomb Raider is doing. I'm not saying Uncharted should be EXACTLY like Tomb Raider.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Angelv577 said:

I'm not sure what you're saying. You can have exploration and still deliver an experience similar to previous Uncharted games. Frankly, that's what Tomb Raider 2013 and ROTTR does. The Tomb Raider games can feel like a pretty straight forward action game if you want, but there is also plenty of side stuff to do. Lastly, a less linear experience doesn't mean you have to exactly what Tomb Raider is doing. I'm not saying Uncharted should be EXACTLY like Tomb Raider.

Well uncharted only needs exploration to be close to tomb raider and depends of how you do it, might be a good thing to add.  Thing is, aside from exploration, at least the reboot failed in everything else compare to uncharted or at least U2 and U3.  TR reboot had IMO a boring story, too slow, worse gun play, etc.  The reboot never click on me.  Cant comment on ROTTR for obvious reason.  U4 seems to bring something different so let see with that one.

Mr Puggsly said:
CGI-Quality said:

Good thing we aren't talking about a shallow franchise. ;)

Well, we know it isn't of little depth, so then we know shallow doesn't apply to Uncharted. :P

Btw, which of the three home releases do you favor? Just curious.

Well lets agree to disagree on the shallow thing. But waves and waves of bullet sponge enemies used to pad a game out feels shallow to me.

I am partial to Uncharted 3. I enjoyed the story and levels more. The final level was probably my favorite in the series as well.

I didnt feel they were bullet sponge.  The amount of  ammo depended of the weapon and you can still kill them with one shot with headshot. Maybe my memory isnt serving me well but I didnt feel it was different that gears of war enemies.

Angelv577 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Well uncharted only needs exploration to be close to tomb raider and depends of how you do it, might be a good thing to add.  Thing is, aside from exploration, at least the reboot failed in everything else compare to uncharted or at least U2 and U3.  TR reboot had IMO a boring story, too slow, worse gun play, etc.  The reboot never click on me.  Cant comment on ROTTR for obvious reason.  U4 seems to bring something different so let see with that one.

Oh boy, I completely disagree.

Actually, now that I think about Uncharted story. I don't really recall what any Uncharted game is about. I think I just like acting and dialogue in those games.

Recently Completed

i dont like it either

Roronaa_chan said:
can I make a thread about everything I don't like
or will that crash VGC servers

Will earn you a lot of points if you make it something that is universally liked and then don't bother to reply to 20 pages of people questioning your logic, that said.... you will have 20 pages of people facepalming the next content you put on vgchartz as "more of this rubbish"

Points are great tho! Super worth doing it for.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive