By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I don't like Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection so far...

Mr Puggsly said:

My gf loves Tomb Raider (old and new). But she doesent care for Uncharted. I think its because one series is about exploration and the other is focused on face shooting.

My cousins, their moms, my nefews, my neighbours entire families and their gardeners love Uncharted because they feel like they're playing a videogame version of their favourite adventure movies. But they don't care about Tomb Raider. I think it's because one series is slow paced with Lara being a pretty boring and sterile character, while the other is an adrenaline rush with lots of charm.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
Mr Puggsly said:

My gf loves Tomb Raider (old and new). But she doesent care for Uncharted. I think its because one series is about exploration and the other is focused on face shooting.

My cousins, their moms, my nefews, my neighbours entire families and their gardeners love Uncharted because they feel like they're playing a videogame version of their favourite adventure movies. They don't care about Tomb Raider because it is slow paced and Lara has a pretty boring and sterile  personality.

I gree. IMO the support female characters in Uncharted have more depth and character development than Lara. But let's be honest about Lara's origin shall we? She was all about the booty. Personality and character depth was never really something that was important to the developers. I do recognise that in this reboot CD have tried to make Lara more than a nice arse that can run, jump and shoot, but they need to do a bit more work. Of course I haven't played RoTR yet so they might have done a better job in the latest game. I'll see for myself once I get to play it later this year.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I absolutely love the Uncharted series. My least favorite one is the 3rd game.

The only complaint I agree with here is the lack of a run button for when you are not engaged in a shooting.

To the ones that have played NDC, in UC one is it common to get stucked in stones and the likes? that seem to be a frecuent bug whenever I'm in an intense shooting for some reason.

Also is the stealth dynamic broken or smth? maybe I'm playing it wrong but the enemy always spot me while I'm undercover.

Hynad said:
Mr Puggsly said:

My cousins, their moms, my nefews, my neighbours entire families and their gardeners love Uncharted because they feel like they're playing a videogame version of their favourite adventure movies. But they don't care about Tomb Raider. I think it's because one series is slow paced with Lara being a pretty boring and sterile character, while the other is an adrenaline rush with lots of charm.

Yeah I guess that's why I didnt like the reboot.  I played it expecting an uncharted type of game.