By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GameTrailers shuts down today

I liked some of the stuff they did like Kyle's stuff and Retrospective and trailer academy but their video player was so bad that this really isn't surprising. Hopefully they will all do something on youtube and they will be better for it.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

9 February, 2016. Forever the day that VGChartz rose one spot on Most Popular Gaming Websites everywhere.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:

9 February, 2016. Forever the day that VGChartz rose one spot on Most Popular Gaming Websites everywhere.

Pity that pool seems to be getting shallower and shallower. :( Seems like every gaming site I like gets the axe these days. I'm feeling a bit like a man without a country.

Not really surprised, GT went to shit after Shane, Damiani, Bloodworth, Justin Speer and other folks from the old crew left.

wow i am not surprised, their Forum was absolute trash. I registered there some months ago and i had even problems with registration. Then they also changed the layout and reseted everything for people to register again and starting over again, Accounts, post counts all was gone.

Around the Network

I used to buy games only after looking at their reviews... But that was long ago... was good while it lasted.

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

HoloDust said:
Not really surprised, GT went to shit after Shane, Damiani, Bloodworth, Justin Speer and other folks from the old crew left.

Bloodworth never left.

And honestly, I was happy Shane left. I never liked him.

This truly is the end of an era.

While I certainly did not visit the site as much as I did in its hey day I certainly am sad to hear that not only is the site shutting down but all the staff are losing their jobs.

I hope they go onto bigger and better things.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

They just uploaded this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfBpxNDUUdA

"fixed" bloodborne review with 10/10 up from 9.6 lol

Weird. It has been coming for the past year since they got acquired by Defy Media but they just moved into a new office. What kind of monkeys run this joint?

I guess The Escapist is next.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.