By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GameTrailers shuts down today

What kind sickens me about this is how savage it is. Stupid big ass companies buying website are never good, but in this case it was discusting. First the employees learn that they were losing their job on the same day. But now, more than one week later one the website there is still no good bye video, not even a official announcement of it's closure. Not a small note, nothing.

So not only does viewers who are visiting the site and does'nt know of the shut down will not understand, but also Brendon Jones did'nt even have the chance and access to give final closure to his website. Total disrespect to both the fans and the workers. Discusting.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Around the Network

Man do I hope he starts up his own channel. Only just discoverd Final Bosman last year but I fucking love the shit out of it.

Yeah this has been pretty annoying for me.

I regularly watched their reviews, final bosman and GT Time. Huber hype occasionally aswell.

I am very sad with this state of affairs. I do hope they manage to come up with a plan and we get to see them again.

I loved watching their videos and reviews on iTunes smh R.I.P.

I miss Buttons.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network

It was a pretty costly website to make.

It was basically youtube for gaming only, and youtube crushed them.

maxleresistant said:

Exept it came first. It's called gametrailers.com as it was indeed just videos of game trailers at first in an era when you couldn't watch them anywhere else. Youtube might have taken that but their own content was still good, overheads (hosting) were no doubt the cost of why it's being stopped as other video making websites are still around and still making content.

Youtube crushed a lot of websites. Such is the power of holding a monopoly.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
maxleresistant said:

Exept it came first. It's called gametrailers.com as it was indeed just videos of game trailers at first in an era when you couldn't watch them anywhere else. Youtube might have taken that but their own content was still good, overheads (hosting) were no doubt the cost of why it's being stopped as other video making websites are still around and still making content.

Youtube crushed a lot of websites. Such is the power of holding a monopoly.

Well something people should not forget about Gametrailers is that users could upload their own videos, you had AVGN who had a contract with them to make two videos a month but you have now 20 or more succesfull youtubers who started to upload their own videos on gametrailers and became popular think for example Nostalgic Critic.

GamechaserBE said:

Well something people should not forget about Gametrailers is that users could upload their own videos, you had AVGN who had a contract with them to make two videos a month but you have now 20 or more succesfull youtubers who started to upload their own videos on gametrailers and became popular think for example Nostalgic Critic.

Like I said it was like youtube but dedicated to gaming. They did a lot of great things, and they had an editorial team, so it wasn't like youtube where the good content is lost in all the crappy stuffs.

But ultimately youtube won because it isn't dedicated to anything, and it just relies on everybody else to promote the videos and the website. Now people just use Youtube. And I know that because I used to go to gametrailers EVERY DAY. But then I just stopped.

The only way they could have saved gametrailers was by stopping to host the videos themselves.