By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rank the Assassin's Creed games

SecondWar said:
VXIII said:

The good ones:

1) Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag

2) Assassin's Creed II

3) Assassins Creed Syndicate ( surprisingly good and enjoyable )

4) Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

The bad ones:

5) Assassin's Creed Unity 

6) Assassin's Creed Revelations

7) Assassin's Creed

8) Assassin's Creed III

AC III almost killed the franchise for me. But IV was brought to me for free so I thought I'd give it a try, and I loved it.

Honestly surprised you liked unity more than the 3 you listed below it. And just out of curiosity and AC3 wasn't so bad for me, what didn't you enjoy about it?

I enjoyed the RPG elements in Unity. More meaningful customizations and different types of weapons, I also loved Paris. Such a beautiful city.

As for III. I don't remember many details now but I remember the dullness of the world, less parkour and more long running. The underwhelming "hunting" mechanic which failed to enhance the "wildness" theme of the world. I also didn't relate to the main character (just like Unity) which is important for the "soul" of the game...if that makes sense.

Around the Network

I'm not far into Unity, but it seems quite decent. Also no bugs or serious framerate drops encountered thus far. But I'm holding my judgement on this one until I play it a bit more.
Haven't played Syndicate. Other than that:

Tier 1
AC II
AC Brotherhood
AC IV

Tier 2
AC (for its time)
AC III
AC Rogue

Tier 3
AC Revelations
AC III Liberation

VXIII said:
SecondWar said:

Honestly surprised you liked unity more than the 3 you listed below it. And just out of curiosity and AC3 wasn't so bad for me, what didn't you enjoy about it?

I enjoyed the RPG elements in Unity. More meaningful customizations and different types of weapons, I also loved Paris. Such a beautiful city.

As for III. I don't remember many details now but I remember the dullness of the world, less parkour and more long running. The underwhelming "hunting" mechanic which failed to enhance the "wildness" theme of the world. I also didn't relate to the main character (just like Unity) which is important for the "soul" of the game...if that makes sense.

But don't forget that you favourite AC game, Black Flag, only exists because AC III introduced sea battles, so give it at least some credit

VXIII said:
SecondWar said:

Fair enough, that does make sense. I can understand how you don't like Connor as a character. I agree Arno about the comparison to, who I think was worse. At times he bored me to tears. With Unity, although I liked the graphical beauty of the game, the parkour feel flat on its face due to the impossibility of traversing the city via rooftop due to the gap across the street, and this was a game breaker for me. Syndicates grappling hook is a goo solution and therefore avoids the problem.

Haven't played I, III and Rogue.

1. AC II
2. AC Brotherhood
3. AC IV Black Flag
4. AC Revelations
5. AC Unity
6. AC Syndicate (so far)

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

From my memory...

4 > 2 > Rogue > Brotherhood > Revelations > Unity (after many patches) > 1 > Liberation > 3

I have Syndicate and played a little, seems pretty good thus far.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Barozi said:
I'm not far into Unity, but it seems quite decent. Also no bugs or serious framerate drops encountered thus far. But I'm holding my judgement on this one until I play it a bit more.

This is what I find interesting with opinions on Unty. Most deride it due to the launch issues, and whilst I've ranked it as my least favourite it's actually for a different reason.

I never really have seen many framerate issue and the only game I've had with obvious screen tearing was Battlefield 3. The only serious glitch I had in Unity was in a boss battle with the games most irritating character where he wouldn't lose any health. My gripes with it were how none of the characters were interesting or likeable, how the increased scale of the city broke the parkour system and that the combat mechanics were butchered to the point it was a frustrating mess. It felt like it was trying to be a stealth game and given the title I can see why, but AC has never been a stealth series.

Barozi said:
VXIII said:

But don't forget that you favourite AC game, Black Flag, only exists because AC III introduced sea battles, so give it at least some credit

True. I actually forgot all about that. The game as a whole didn't leave a good impression at all, so my memory is not being completely fair to it.

I remember now that Naval missions in III lacked a meaningful context but they were enjoyable. IV built on that aspect in a great way. I always wanted to be a pirate

Here's mine. The ones I've played so far

1. Assassin's Creed II
2. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
3. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
4. Assassin's Creed

Haven't played Syndicate or Rogue yet

1. AC III
2. AC: Revelations
3. AC: Brotherhood
4. AC II
5. AC IV: Black Flag
6. AC
7. AC: Unity
8. AC III: Liberation

I can tell I probably have a really unpopular ranking, but I loved III. Sure, Connor wasn't the greatest, but to me, it still has the best gameplay in the series.