Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rank the Assassin's Creed games

Bortherhood best, AC3 worst. Don't care about the rest.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
SecondWar said:
Volterra_90 said:
I've played the first two AC. Not a fan, but II is vast superior. AC is one of the most boring and repetive games I've ever played. ACII fixed a lot and it's a way more fun game, but nothing outstanding. Good game, nevertheless.

The first AC is incredibly repetitive but Intend to judge it I. How it held up at the time, and back in 2007 as a new IP it really got me invested in it. Plus I enjoyed the gameplay enough to overlook the repetitiveness. 

To be honest, the first time I played this game was two years ago, so it was nothing new and innovative for me. I think that the game has potential, if only they cut the length of the game like 5 hours. It was a very boring and repetitive experience towards the end. ACII solved all of that with more variety and better side quests and gameplay.

1. Assassin's Creed II (Excellent)
2. Assassin's Creed IV (Great)
3. Assassin's Creed (good)
4. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (Good)
5. Assassin's Creed III (bad)
6. Assassin's Creed Unity (Horrible)
7. Assassin's Creed Revelations (Horrible)

1.) AC III
2.) AC Brotherhood
3.) AC II
4.) AC Rogue
5.) AC IV
6.) AC Revelations
7.) AC
8.) AC Unity

Haven't touched Liberation or Syndicate yet. I only play them at least a year after launch these days in order for them to be fully patched.

Mine would have to be:

1) Assassin's Creed II
2) Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag
3) Assassin's Creed Syndicate
4) Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
5) Assassin's Creed Unity
6) Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
7) Assassin's Creed Revelations
8) Assassin's Creed III
9) Assassin's Creed

Around the Network
LMU Uncle Alfred said:
Can AC2 stand on its own if you've never played an AC game before?

most AC games (especially the earlier ones) have two storylines. One with usually Desmond in present time and one with the main character during the ancient times.
Now you won't have a problem at all with the Italian renaissance setting, as it's the first appearance of the Ezio character.
You probably won't quite understand the Desmond part of the story, but that's not the main focus of the games, so it's not much to worry about.

Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag
Assassin’s Creed III
Assassin’s Creed II
Assassin’s Creed: Rogue
Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate
Assassin’s Creed: Unity
Assassin’s Creed: Liberation
Assassin’s Creed

I haven't played Brotherhood or Revelations.  (And III gets the nod over II because it's the only AC game where I was actively engaged by the storyline.)

Intel i7-8086k @ 5.1 GHz | Asus Maximus X Hero | 32GB Ballistix Sport LT 2400Mhz RAM | Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti

1) Assassin's Creed II

2) Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

3) Assassin's Creed Unity

4) Assassin's Creed

5) Assassin's Creed Revalations

6) Assassin's Creed III

7) Assassins Creed Syndicate

8) Assassin's Creed Rogue

9) Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag

Up until Black Flag, Black Flag is the only one i could get into. I haven't tried any of them after Black Flag.

Assassin's Creed II
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed Syndicate
Assassin's Creed Unity
Assassin's Creed III
Assassin's Creed Revelations

Never played Rogue or Liberation, so I can't say anything for those games. The first three veer into great. Yes, I loved Assassin's Creed 1. I'm not ashamed to say that. The middle three are more solid to good, while III was mediocre and Revelations was incredibly forgettable.