1.) AC III
2.) AC Brotherhood
3.) AC II
4.) AC Rogue
5.) AC IV
6.) AC Revelations
7.) AC
8.) AC Unity

Haven't touched Liberation or Syndicate yet. I only play them at least a year after launch these days in order for them to be fully patched.

Around the Network

Mine would have to be:

1) Assassin's Creed II
2) Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag
3) Assassin's Creed Syndicate
4) Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
5) Assassin's Creed Unity
6) Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
7) Assassin's Creed Revelations
8) Assassin's Creed III
9) Assassin's Creed

LMU Uncle Alfred said:
Can AC2 stand on its own if you've never played an AC game before?

most AC games (especially the earlier ones) have two storylines. One with usually Desmond in present time and one with the main character during the ancient times.
Now you won't have a problem at all with the Italian renaissance setting, as it's the first appearance of the Ezio character.
You probably won't quite understand the Desmond part of the story, but that's not the main focus of the games, so it's not much to worry about.

Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag
Assassin’s Creed III
Assassin’s Creed II
Assassin’s Creed: Rogue
Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate
Assassin’s Creed: Unity
Assassin’s Creed: Liberation
Assassin’s Creed

I haven't played Brotherhood or Revelations.  (And III gets the nod over II because it's the only AC game where I was actively engaged by the storyline.)

Intel i7-8086k @ 5.1 GHz | Asus Maximus X Hero | 32GB Ballistix Sport LT 2400Mhz RAM | Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti

1) Assassin's Creed II

2) Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

3) Assassin's Creed Unity

4) Assassin's Creed

5) Assassin's Creed Revalations

6) Assassin's Creed III

7) Assassins Creed Syndicate

8) Assassin's Creed Rogue

9) Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag

Around the Network

Up until Black Flag, Black Flag is the only one i could get into. I haven't tried any of them after Black Flag.

Assassin's Creed II
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed Syndicate
Assassin's Creed Unity
Assassin's Creed III
Assassin's Creed Revelations

Never played Rogue or Liberation, so I can't say anything for those games. The first three veer into great. Yes, I loved Assassin's Creed 1. I'm not ashamed to say that. The middle three are more solid to good, while III was mediocre and Revelations was incredibly forgettable.

AC 2 Brotherhood - One of my favorite games of all time! With the improved game mechanics over 2 it gets the nod over 2.
AC 2 - Massive step up over 1, but a great game in its own right
AC 4 Black Flag - Not a big fan of gameplay at the sea, but still a good game.
AC 1 - Probably not better than any of the games that followed, even the crappy ones, but for its time this game was awesome for a few hours :P
AC 3 - Similar to the original AC in that it was pretty interesting and fun to play in the first few hours but struggled to keep me engaged after that.
AC 2 Revelations - At this point in time, i was so over the small increments Ubisoft were doing and i really wanted a numbered AC game.
AC Unity - Well this just seemed pretty shit.

Have not played Rogue and Syndicate.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Just started playing Rogue and it's probably my favorite AC game so far.

The main character is great, we see the bad and corrupt side of assassin's, the locations are beautiful and it has many little improvements.

It's basically Black Flag with a winter setting and actual side quests to do not just collectibles.

From best to worst...

AC4: Black Flag
AC3
AC Brotherhood
AC2
AC
AC Revelations
AC Unity

Never played Rouge, Syndicate, or any portable releases.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261