By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is the Xbox One controller defective?

pbroy said:
Yes, mine always randomly disconnects and loses sink sometimes with no way to reestablish a connection, unless I pull the battery pack out and turn on again. Pretty annoying and ruining my Skylander experience.

Mine does this too. I have to switch both the console and controller off and then it works again for some reason...

Around the Network

My major problem is that the right trigger on my controller literally jammed for around a week and then became relatively normal again. However now when it's fully depressed I get a hard 'clunk' instead of the soft rubber feeling that the left one has. I think something broke inside.

This happens with every controller type, sadly. Happened for me with a DS1, DS2, and X360 controller as well, and a couple of Logitech ones to. Not out of the box, but in time. Sadly, the only workaround I got, was to simply change them...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Locknuts said:
My major problem is that the right trigger on my controller literally jammed for around a week and then became relatively normal again. However now when it's fully depressed I get a hard 'clunk' instead of the soft rubber feeling that the left one has. I think something broke inside.

The grove the circuit board fits in, might of snapped/popped out. Or the ribbon cable dislodged. When you push down you'd hear a plastic click noise. For both issues. Opening it up. And putting them back on, would fix it.

This used to happen to me with the c stick (yellow stick) on the GC wired controllers. The B button kept getting stuck also on multiple controllers. I kept sending them back to Nintendo and eventually I gave up. I bought a Wavebird controller and never had problems with buttons sticking or c stick not being centered (would be obvious in Smash because screen would tilt). So I bought 4 Wavebirds and never looked back.

Perhaps Microsoft wants you to upgrade to the Elite.

Around the Network
archer9234 said:
Locknuts said:

The grove the circuit board fits in, might of snapped/popped out. Or the ribbon cable dislodged. When you push down you'd hear a plastic click noise. For both issues. Opening it up. And putting them back on, would fix it.

I'm just worried I won't be able to get it back together. I've never opened a modern controller. Is there any chance of parts popping out that might not go back in so easy?

Locknuts said:
archer9234 said:

I'm just worried I won't be able to get it back together. I've never opened a modern controller. Is there any chance of parts popping out that might not go back in so easy?

No. The triggers are a pain in the ass to put back. But it's not hard. Best way to avoid goof ups. Take photos after each time you unscrew something. Then look back, if you forget.

I think if you slightly move the d pad or directional stick on turning on the console / controller this happens,

old skool

I had 3 XB 360 controllers with drift problems on the right stick. I wouldn't effect all games, but games with sensitive cameras could be problematic. I could not figure out how 3 controllers could have the same problem. It still makes no sense, and I never did find out what the problem was.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Never had issues with an Xbox controller but yes, that can happen. Had probably two or three 'defective' Dual Shock 2 back then.

Edit: Shouldn't be an issue with a small deadzone in the game.