By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is the Xbox One controller defective?

nah both my X1 controllers are fine and they are the early models.

My 360 controller drifts a bit to the left after years of usage, but only few games even register these tiny movements.

Around the Network

I had multiple problems with my X1 controller playing on PC. Eventually, I had to plug my old x360 controller. No idea where the real problem lies.

d21lewis said:
barneystinson69 said:

You think you're the first? I've had 3 controller's that have drifting problems. It has been massively reported by XB1 owners. So yes, they're defective.

Well that sucks. Any fixes?

Well do you want to unscrew your controller and dig deep inside the controller in order of maybe getting it fixed? Otherwise, you need to send it to Microsoft, or buy another one.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

barneystinson69 said:
d21lewis said:

Well that sucks. Any fixes?

Well do you want to unscrew your controller and dig deep inside the controller in order of maybe getting it fixed? Otherwise, you need to send it to Microsoft, or buy another one.

I used to open controllers all of the time but they're too advanced, now. Guess I have to try to send it in. I don't have the rectifiers receipts anymore, though. Guess I have to call Microsoft.

I had one I didn't use for a long time that started drifting. Then after I used it a while it went a way.

See if you can make sure it's completely clean. Blow some compressed air, and/or use a q-tip in alcohol to get any stuff that may have accumulated.

One I would think the controller, but 3? I'm thinking it might be something else.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network

Yes... but it was done on purpose. The sticks are too long, which causes dead zones that aren't on the other two consoles. Check youtube and google, it's a thing and it's ridiculous. Wh Microsoft didn't quickly fix the issue and release an "s" controller like they did the original console is beyond me.

That sounds super annoying lol. I don't know anyone that owns an X1 so i can't comment.

I have 4 controllers for my XOne and don't have this problem but my main 360 controller did eventually start doing this a few years ago. I'd just always center the analog stick when I was on a menu.

The most I ever have problems with controllers are stuck buttons

I have 2 regular Xbone pads and a blue Forza 6 pad and never experienced this problem. Sounds like it sucks.