By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Console Are You Most Disappointed With?

Which Console Are You Most Disappointed With?

PS4 104 23.53%

XBOne 150 33.94%

WiiU 188 42.53%

Total:442

My wii u. It wasnt as great as i was expecting.

Around the Network

Xbox One for me. There's just not a lot I want on it or feel like playing

However Wii U and PS4 have been able to keep me coming back and playing and enjoying myself

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

The fact the WiiU doesn't allow you to use 2 touch screen controllers was is it's biggest problem for me but developers have also failed they WiiU.

Xbox One

1.) Microsoft's Plan
a.) always online
b.) DRM
2.) Underpowered (All other Xbox were the most powerful on release)
3.) Lack exclusives if you own a PC and PS4.

Really, I'm only ever disappointed when I feel a good console never managed to navigate itself towards a successful run. This would be my list, then, if I were to expand it beyond this gen:

Wii U: It really is a wonderful and fun console but, due to terrible sales, it had a rather small and limited library and will probably be replaced early.

Dreamcast: I had a lot of fun with this one, including unique experiences like House of the Dead with my friend and my first real online console shooter in the form of quake III. It was doomed from the start given sega's financial situation, but it was a lot of fun.

Atari Jaguar: It was sad to see Atari sink like that, especially as it marked the final American manufactured console (just feels weird that we're out of the console game now, with the Xbox being built overseas). I'd love it if Atari were still a player, but Atari had the business savvy of sega.

Sega Saturn: I'd heard of the Saturn as a kid but never encountered it, and I imagine id really have enjoyed it as someone who loved the Genesis. It's a console that was absolutely screwed by perhaps the worst console launch in history.

Atari 7800: it's really a great console with one of the deepest libraries at the time due to backwards compatibility. The video game crash of 83 and mismanagement doomed it, as it would have been a quality and graphically competitive console had it released when it was initially intended to... Due to the delays it was already outdated by the nes when it hit the market, though the graphical difference is not as drastic as many seem to believe. The biggest disappointment, though, is that it has the same audio limitations as the 2600, dating it enormously.

Thought about adding the GameCube and Xbox, but both did well enough I suppose.

Around the Network

Wii U, but its still my favorite console this gen. X1 is alright and I don't own a PS4 but it seems okay as well. Having said that, neither the PS4 or X1 are that great or significantly better than the Wii U.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I only had a ps4 and sold it because I really needed money. I wasn't dissapointed with it and will get another one in the future. Never considered an X1 so not gonna talk there. The fact that I still haven't bought a Wii u talks by itself how little has Nintendo done to sell me their machine

I would say for me, Kinect stuff on the Xbox One. I had some stuff, but miss the fun things on the 360 version.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

PS4. I knew what I was getting into with the Wii U. As of now, I'm still awaiting greatness. Had a lot better time with my 360 last gen.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Dang, I guess I can't vote since I still only one 1 current gen home system... : X

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread