By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Confirmed That Bravely Second Is Censored Outside Of Japan - Uncensored News

I dont get why change this, if anything the Native Americans were at least represented in the uncensored version, now they arent anymore. Doesnt think this make much difference to the quality of the game toughh, kind of a useless change anyway.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
BraLoD said:
What a ridiculous change.

Well, it makes the game better, so why complain? Cowgirls are definitely hotter.

Ikr!!!! I don't mind them "riding" on me............ 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

spemanig said:
RolStoppable said:
Looks like another case of censorship that belongs in the category of "if that bothers you, then you have much bigger problems to deal with than that censorship".

Exactly. Like the fact that localization and self editing is not censorship.

If you want to play the original intended version, get a japanese console and learn japanese. People are acting like localization hasn't been happening in videogames for 30+ years. 99% of the games you people are playing are "censored."

Exactly!

I mean anytime you bring something from one region to another they change stuff, we wouldn't have  Super Mario Bros 2 on the NES if they didn't, more then half of you that were alive to play FFIV when it was released as FFII in the West probably wouldn't have beaten it because they made the original hard to the point of almost being broken. Little changes happen and it isn't like this matters to most of us, but instead of having white as hell characters running around in fake stylish Native American clothing for the job class they changed it to a mash up of Western and Cowboy stuff.

Big deal! Have you seen the flack the movie Gods of Egypt is getting for its white as hell cast, how about the dumb tv movie with the announcement that a white guy was playing Michael Jackson? People that think that stuff like this doesn't matter and need not be changed should honestly read up more on the outside world besides games, comics and anime, people get offended and they can cause major problems to the mightiest of coporations. Better to avoid offending people then just do it because you think you can.

Doesn't really matter to me :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Another moment where I can see why they made the change. Many Native Americans may not be offended, but some may be. So yeah... that's understandable. Plus, cowboys are cool xD

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Ruler said:

lol this feels even more offensive to Native Americans imo, by replacing the natives with cowboys. And what about Europe and PAL regions its not an issue here? Why get european taste constantley butched together with the american?

You silly English people have no idea what censorship is. Censorship is when something is blocked by a government for being obscene. This is localization, or the editing of a game to make it better appeal to the foreign target audience.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Not good news for Japan. Last time things were broke up into Cowboys and Indians things didn't go well for the home team.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Why are you censoring so many games, nintendo?

Jumpin said:
Ruler said:

lol this feels even more offensive to Native Americans imo, by replacing the natives with cowboys. And what about Europe and PAL regions its not an issue here? Why get european taste constantley butched together with the american?

You silly English people have no idea what censorship is. Censorship is when something is blocked by a government for being obscene. This is localization, or the editing of a game to make it better appeal to the foreign target audience.

Censoring is not exclusively done by governments. 

censorship

/ˈsensərSHip/

noun

• 1.the suppression or prohibition of any parts of books, films, news, etc. that are considered obscene, politically unacceptable, or a threat to security

RolStoppable said:
Looks like another case of censorship that belongs in the category of "if that bothers you, then you have much bigger problems to deal with than that censorship".

Well said.