By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Looking back: best graphics on Wii?

The winner is...

Kirby's Epic Yarn 9 2.15%

Muramasa The Demon Blade 9 2.15%

Mario Galaxy 39 9.31%

Mario Galaxy 2 198 47.26%

Metroid Prime 3 58 13.84%

Red Steel 2 17 4.06%

Monster Hunter Tri 16 3.82%

Sonic Colours 9 2.15%

Other 64 15.27%

Total:419
MTZehvor said:
RolStoppable said:

Metroid: Other M. Its only problem is that it's rather bland artistically because of its space station setting.

...maybe not the ONLY problem.

To be fair, pretty much every game has rough spots like this if you look hard enough. 

For instance, Halo 4 looked amazing, but if you inspect it closely, you could find things like this:

Say what you will about its aesthetics and overall quality, but in technical terms Other M was one of the most advanced games on Wii. It was one of the few to use normal mapping, for instance.

Around the Network

Resident evil darkside chronicles looked great on wii can't believe no one mentioned it

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

I didn't play a whole lot of Wii games, but Galaxy 2 was definitely really nice

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

That's a tough one as many games in the Wii excelled in one wah but fell short in another. Xenoblade is the most obvious, with massive and fairly lush environments realized beautifully and the LOD being impressively detailed. But all things were a bit fuzzy up close and character models were sixth gen level.

If I had to pick one..........
Mario Galaxy 1 or 2 would be one possibility. Metroid Prime 3 and other M also deliver though.

But honestly? I love the graphics of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

Personally, little kings story
or maybe muramasa

Around the Network

Yeah other m.

Epic Yarn and Galaxy 2 definitely have amazing visuals. Epic Yarn will probably look good even in 10 years!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

From the games I played (which isn't much)
I would say Animal Crossing!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I remember owning a Wii (I still do) and waiting for that magical game that would rival Xbox or PlayStation graphics. One by one, the games came and went and I was disappointed.

Lost in Shadow, Deadly Creatures, Conduit, Metroid Other M. None of them even looked as aid good as d list games like Bee Movie on the "HD Twins". Done did look good, though.

People always used to whip out that pic of Mario climbing on that bee from Super Mario Galaxy to prove that it had great graphics but the game never looked as good as that pic. I guess I'm going to say The Last Story was the best looking game. Maybe SMG2, DKCR or Mario Kart Wii.

Fededx said:
Red Steel 2 looked like a 360 game at the time, very nice artistically, but Xeno/Last Story look awesome too.

I think I bought this game and never played it!