By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can they remake Final Fantasy VII without the Sexism? (EDIT: turned out to be fake!)

Tagged games:

mornelithe said:

Not really, the author doesn't appear to realize (as Carl pointed out) the characters stories made them into who they are.  People have flaws, and good stories often have characters who are severely flawed, or damaged in some way.  

While that's true, sometimes authors retcon the backgrounds of their characters, whether because they feel like it or because of fan feedback. Maybe they aren't satisfied with how the character turned out, whether for its flaws or for what he chose to do with them

Besides, the writer of this piece doesn't want Cid's backstory changed (he'd still be a wife beater), but rather, Shera being able to stand against his abuse instead of being a submissive woman.

Around the Network

Last year I actually dated a girl for a while who was thin and had big tits.
And also long brown hair actually. Really hot girl.

But somehow some people seem to live in a town where no woman is fit or has large breasts.

''Hadouken!''

Ajax said:
Last year I actually dated a girl who was thin and had big tits.
And also long brown great actually. Really hot girl.

But somehow some people seem to live in a town where no woman is fit or has large breasts.

Last year I didn't manage to date anyone.

So I can't counter-argue this point here.

Carl2291 said:
kurasakiichimaru said:

Tifa being barbie doll slim is just sad. Even its changing today for Barbie, the fact you think the same thing does not apply to videogames must be delusional and sexist.

Are you saying that this accomplished martial artist, living in a slum and running a bar shouldn't be thin?

Furthermore, are you saying that someone who thinks this accomplished martial artist, living in a slum and running a bar should be thin is delusional and sexist?

The question is have you seen a real female artist in real life though?

Wright said:
Ajax said:
Last year I actually dated a girl who was thin and had big tits.
And also long brown great actually. Really hot girl.

Last year I didn't manage to date anyone.

So I can't counter-argue this point here.

lol

''Hadouken!''

Around the Network
Wright said:

While that's true, sometimes authors retcon the backgrounds of their characters, whether because they feel like it or because of fan feedback. Maybe they aren't satisfied with how the character turned out, whether for its flaws or for what he chose to do with them

Besides, the writer of this piece doesn't want Cid's backstory changed (he'd still be a wife beater), but rather, Shera being able to stand against his abuse instead of being a submissive woman.

It was part of her story too.

She was correct in her assessment of one of the tanks being faulty, but felt bad that she ruined Cid's dreams. Thus, she lets him get away with the abuse but continues to try help him fulfil what he wanted to do.

In the end, he realises she was right and that he was a dick and he forgives her.

Here's a video detailing the conversation. She explains why she is okay with how he treats her.

And in a future game, they are married

Heh. People need to relax with these things, I agree we need more diverse character designs though, not every women is a super model and chances are that the prettiest ones devote a lot of their attention to that fact.

I'm now filled with determination.

So why aren't game creators allowed to have a lyrically abusive character in a game anyway?
Was it ok if Cid was mad at his brother?
Is the problem because Shera is a woman?
What is the problem really?

''Hadouken!''

Ehg...

Mouse...Cheese ✅

Dog...Bone✅

Final Fantasy VII...Sexism? ❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌

kurasakiichimaru said:

The question is have you seen a real female artist in real life though?

Yes.

Considering the fact that you didn't answer my questions, and when you were challenged on your thoughts you resorted to calling people delusional and sexist without backing anything up, you're getting moderated. Congratulations.