By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can they remake Final Fantasy VII without the Sexism? (EDIT: turned out to be fake!)

Tagged games:

mornelithe said:

I don't.  I didn't respond to you.  So, unless you're Wrights alt account, I think we were done before you even started.

Stop backseat modding though. The fact you think people don't have similar opinions means you are being biased. 

Anyway, I find Aeris' death iconic but is it wrong to have an option, a non-canon at that where she lives for the two fans according to you as the factual number of people who wants Aeris' back?

I'd pay top dollars for a DLC like that.

Some changes are necessary today because news flash, some things don't work as it does today.

Tifa being barbie doll slim is just sad. Even its changing today for Barbie, the fact you think the same thing does not apply to videogames must be delusional and sexist.

Shera being called unmentionable words by a man doesn’t fit anymore. Yall get dragged by the millenials by this.

- Moderated, Carl



Around the Network

Can they make a game without sexism claims around it?
That's the actual question, and it's already answered.



RolStoppable said:
MikeRox said:

But was it oversexualization or just being inclusive to more body forms? :p

 

To claim it's just to appeal to male teens is to disregard all busty women who have existed long before silicone implants made such a figure available to all and an incredibly Sexist and derogatory view.

Eh, there's the saying that "sex sells", so it's hard to see the inclusion of busty women as merely a means to represent busty women. But it also needs to be said that oversexualisation is not sexism, so the article is really grasping for every straw. This includes the conclusion that a remake's purpose is to offer things that weren't possible at the time the original was produced; but really, most of the complaints seem to be directed at the writing, and different writing was certainly already possible back then. Overall, it's a very poorly argued article.

If the article had simply said , I personally don't like the writing and I don't like cid ,then fair enough. People with unsavoury characteristics being seen as on the side of "good" have been around in all media for ages, so an irascible character isn't anything new, her beef seems to be that his behavour wasn't addressed to her satisfaction , but this is FF7 with it's story evolving from what was at that time a back drop of a growing conservation movement , not a story about "the redemption of cid" also you need to look at the times this game came from to give you some context , this looking back might have made her realise why she had no problem with it in her earlier playthroughs.

I to had problems with the writing , right from my first play at that was when it first came out in Australia , mine was with cait sith's arguments with Barret on the high wind or rather Barret not being giving any good counters to Sith's hypocrisy , but I am realist to know that the world doesn't revolve around FF7 or me.

 

 





I don't know where you guys live, but I see many thin and fit women everyday, also fit women with big tits.

And people wanting Aeris to stay alive is nothing new.
Wanting Cloud to die instead I've never heard before and is so ridicilous that it's not even understandble why you would want that to happen.



''Hadouken!''

Ajax said:

Wanting Cloud to die instead I've never heard before and is so ridicilous that it's not even understandble why you would want that to happen.

 

We've had years of Final Fantasy fans dedicated all their time and energy at explaining why Squall (FF VIII spoiler) is dead. It's still a fan-made theory and it's of course not confirmed nor canon according to Square-Enix. But there it is. Hundreds and hundreds of hours poured into an effort to explain something a fan would like to be true. Of course, more fans support this line of thinking.

So it's not far-fetched to think someone would like to trade Cloud for Aerith. It's nothing ridiculous, just a request from a fan.

 

She's not asking Cloud to die meaningless, but swapping their destinies as the author thinks (and supports) that Aerith is the most important character between them two.



Around the Network
Wright said:
mornelithe said:

Yeah, the fans of FFVII were super disappointed... 

Well, disappointment sometimes come at a delayed rate. This author realized it now. Maybe some more FFVII players are starting to see things they didn't like until now?

Not really, the author doesn't appear to realize (as Carl pointed out) the characters stories made them into who they are.  People have flaws, and good stories often have characters who are severely flawed, or damaged in some way.  



kurasakiichimaru said:

Stop backseat modding though. The fact you think people don't have similar opinions means you are being biased. 

Anyway, I find Aeris' death iconic but is it wrong to have an option, a non-canon at that where she lives for the two fans according to you as the factual number of people who wants Aeris' back?

I'd pay top dollars for a DLC like that.

Some changes are necessary today because news flash, some things don't work as it does today.

Tifa being barbie doll slim is just sad. Even its changing today for Barbie, the fact you think the same thing does not apply to videogames must be delusional and sexist.

Shera being called unmentionable words by a man doesn’t fit anymore. Yall get dragged by the millenials by this.

Nah, nevermind, we were done before you even started.



kurasakiichimaru said:

Tifa being barbie doll slim is just sad. Even its changing today for Barbie, the fact you think the same thing does not apply to videogames must be delusional and sexist.


Are you saying that this accomplished martial artist, living in a slum and running a bar shouldn't be thin?

Furthermore, are you saying that someone who thinks this accomplished martial artist, living in a slum and running a bar should be thin is delusional and sexist?



                            

mornelithe said:

Not really, the author doesn't appear to realize (as Carl pointed out) the characters stories made them into who they are.  People have flaws, and good stories often have characters who are severely flawed, or damaged in some way.  


While that's true, sometimes authors retcon the backgrounds of their characters, whether because they feel like it or because of fan feedback. Maybe they aren't satisfied with how the character turned out, whether for its flaws or for what he chose to do with them

 

Besides, the writer of this piece doesn't want Cid's backstory changed (he'd still be a wife beater), but rather, Shera being able to stand against his abuse instead of being a submissive woman.



Last year I actually dated a girl for a while who was thin and had big tits.
And also long brown hair actually. Really hot girl.

But somehow some people seem to live in a town where no woman is fit or has large breasts.



''Hadouken!''