By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Lair Overhyped by VGChartz Members???

weezy said:

this is coming from GameFAQ.com a site with walk through's.

most people who go to that site I guarrentee looking for help with RPG's.

hence the high number of FF13 votes.

Its gamespot, the biggest sony hater of them all.

Around the Network

You misunderstood me. I know very well that Mistwalker and Level5 have no ties. I was just talking about 1) the turn based battle system 2) The colorful artstyle 3) Characters are cartoony. In America those type of games sell decently, but not as good as Japan or even Europe. And well...remember most 360 owners are not exactly RPG fans.

Blue Dragon selling as well or even close to Brawl? Brawl,Galaxy,Halo 3, GTA IV are in a completely different league that any other game, at least in this year. Dunno if in quality, but definitely in selling power. Remember that those games appel to almost every age. Those are 5 million copy sellers easily, though I´ll insist that Mass Effect and Assasins Creed are going to sell over the expectations. They look very good in evert aspect.

Blue3 said:
weezy said:

this is coming from GameFAQ.com a site with walk through's.

most people who go to that site I guarrentee looking for help with RPG's.

hence the high number of FF13 votes.

Its gamespot, the biggest sony hater of them all.

Yeah, gamespot is the biggest Sony hater in the world!! I mean look at Gamespots front page, nothing but hate towards Sony!!

Blue and I both know that all these articles on the PS3, the PSP, God of War, Little Big Planet, Eye of Judgment, Heavenly Sword... and well basically every freakin article on the front page are just bashing Sony!!

Don't worry Blue, I see what you see.. those Gamespot people just drank to much Hatorade this morning!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

wow they report it, they must be soo unbiased. not surprising seeing vg defending that joke of a site.

You know you're in trouble when you have to whip out the media is biased card.

Are you kidding me? Of course when you put it up against MGS 4 and FF XIII and GTA IV it's gonna get like no votes.... How is this a shock to anyone? Did anyone say Lair will be better than those games? NO.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:
Are you kidding me? Of course when you put it up against MGS 4 and FF XIII and GTA IV it's gonna get like no votes.... How is this a shock to anyone? Did anyone say Lair will be better than those games? NO.

Whoa whoa whoa, Ckmlb. You're basically saying what we're saying, just in an angry, mean way.

The point we're making: Lair isn't close to being in the same league as GTA, MGS, or FF. As such, it isn't really going to be a system seller the way those other games may be. Given what you're saying, it sounds like you agree.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

No one claimed it was as popular or as big as those games, whoever did is insane... but it is looking amazing and probably will help in sales, just not a huge impact like those games as is common knowledge. Don't say it's overhyped by pointing out it's less popular than the 3 most popular franchises on consoles (FF, MGS and GTA) outside of Halo in the US.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!