By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Lair Overhyped by VGChartz Members???

albionus said:
I think there are quite a few other games that could be added to the overhyped on video game forums list. I have to say God of War is the overhyped game that bugs me the most. Reading reviews of it and listening to Sony fanboys it's God's gift to gamers, one of the greatest series of all time, etc etc etc, and yet GoW1&2&3&PSP combined will likely fall in the range of Halo alone in sales. Sales-wise (I don't care about how great the game is or isn't since that's different for everyone) I think Lair, Heavenly Sword, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Bioshock and the rest will fail to light up the charts. They'll do alright, but they'll be more Lost Planet/Crackdown (if that) and less Gears of War/Halo.

I totally agree. I remember them bragging about how GoW2 had a million pre-orders. Then they mocked Pokemon for only have 500k pre-order and the people standing around waiting for Pokemon was just an ordinary crowd in NYC. 

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
albionus said:
I think there are quite a few other games that could be added to the overhyped on video game forums list. I have to say God of War is the overhyped game that bugs me the most. Reading reviews of it and listening to Sony fanboys it's God's gift to gamers, one of the greatest series of all time, etc etc etc, and yet GoW1&2&3&PSP combined will likely fall in the range of Halo alone in sales. Sales-wise (I don't care about how great the game is or isn't since that's different for everyone) I think Lair, Heavenly Sword, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Bioshock and the rest will fail to light up the charts. They'll do alright, but they'll be more Lost Planet/Crackdown (if that) and less Gears of War/Halo.

I totally agree. I remember them bragging about how GoW2 had a million pre-orders. Then they mocked Pokemon for only have 500k pre-order and the people standing around waiting for Pokemon was just an ordinary crowd in NYC. 

Ah yes, when Hus and Kwaad trolled these forums.  Memories .

albionus said:
I think there are quite a few other games that could be added to the overhyped on video game forums list. I have to say God of War is the overhyped game that bugs me the most. Reading reviews of it and listening to Sony fanboys it's God's gift to gamers, one of the greatest series of all time, etc etc etc, and yet GoW1&2&3&PSP combined will likely fall in the range of Halo alone in sales. Sales-wise (I don't care about how great the game is or isn't since that's different for everyone) I think Lair, Heavenly Sword, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Bioshock and the rest will also fail to light up the charts. They'll do alright, but they'll be more Lost Planet/Crackdown (if that) and less Gears of War/Halo.

Well said. I think all the games you mentioned will make money and sell decently, but none of them are blockbuster system sellers.

The only true "system sellers" I forsee this holiday are Halo 3, GTA IV, and Super Mario Galaxy. I'll give an honorary mention to Blue Dragon because I think it will fall somewhere between the Halos and the Mass Effects of the world. It will be a game that moves systems but not near the numbers of H3, GTA, or SMG. Maybe similar numbers to SSBB, another game that I would compare it to on this list.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

<snip>

Blue3 said:
<snip> 

your a dumbass..

It's a simple poll.. that 70,000 people answered.

Are you saying that gamefaq made up the poll?

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

I think he's trying to join in the footsteps of banned Sony fanboys.

Lair has the advantage of coming out in July, that's why it gets hyped now.

albionus said:
I think there are quite a few other games that could be added to the overhyped on video game forums list. I have to say God of War is the overhyped game that bugs me the most. Reading reviews of it and listening to Sony fanboys it's God's gift to gamers, one of the greatest series of all time, etc etc etc, and yet GoW1&2&3&PSP combined will likely fall in the range of Halo alone in sales. Sales-wise (I don't care about how great the game is or isn't since that's different for everyone) I think Lair, Heavenly Sword, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Bioshock and the rest will also fail to light up the charts. They'll do alright, but they'll be more Lost Planet/Crackdown (if that) and less Gears of War/Halo.

Oh, I see, so the quality of the game is judged by sales alone. Gotcha.

Have you even played God of War? (Don't worry, I expect you to say you don't like it, even if you did play it, but I decided to ask the trap question anyway).

EDIT: And which Halo alone do you mean? GoW1 sold 2.5 million alone, and GoW2 is just now out in Europe. 6.43, 7.89 are the sales for Halo 1 and 2. Seems to me that the third GoW game will surpass 6.43 and the 4th will pass up 7.89. I'm just glad that sales alone determine the quality of a game, though, because that means Halo sucks compared to Pokemon.

EDIT2:  And just to stay on topic...Lair isn't overhyped because some people are excited about it.  Most of the people that are excited about Lair are probably more excited by one of those games listed.  Choosing between a lot of games you like doesn't mean that a low percentage for one game is bad.  You know what is overhyped by VGChartz members?  A lot of things. 

gebx said:
Blue3 said:

your a dumbass..

It's a simple poll.. that 70,000 people answered.

Are you saying that gamefaq made up the poll?

so why does he not get a temp ban, ohh only non wii fans can get that.

i would not put it past them.

Gamespot did turn off PS3 madden affects to make the 360 version look better in a comparison. (yahh really umbias site they are)

this is coming from GameFAQ.com a site with walkthrough's.

most people who go to that site I guarrentee looking for help with RPG's.

hence the high number of FF13 votes.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY