By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Nintendo be chastised if NX remasters / ports become a thing?

It depends on the kind of remasters/ports:

Games like Zelda U will cause backlash from people who owned Wii U but praise from those who didn't owned it (like myself), stuff like Twilight Princess re-released AGAIN on NX might cause stronger backlash than E3 2015

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Not by me. I truly hope we see several remasters/ports of Wii U/3DS games on NX Console and NX Handheld. Either that or backwards compatibility.

With talks of NX "absorbing the Wii U and 3DS architecture" I think BC is all but assured. 

OneKartVita said:
Wyrdness said:

The reason people complained about remasters with the 8th gen is not because they are remasters it's because a number of these ports came literally with in a year or so of the original releases.

But that actually made sense.  These games came out at the end of the gen so it made sense to release them on ps4 and x1. It's not like we would have gotten gta 6 in November 2014 if they didn't port it over and over 15m people so far have bought it on next gen.  It made sense.  

Not when that's all developers were releasing, no one bought the PS4 and X1 to play uprezzed games from last gen, for the first year this is what made up a lot of the 8th gen library. That's why people weren't happy.

Wyrdness said:
OneKartVita said:
Wyrdness said:

The reason people complained about remasters with the 8th gen is not because they are remasters it's because a number of these ports came literally with in a year or so of the original releases.

But that actually made sense.  These games came out at the end of the gen so it made sense to release them on ps4 and x1. It's not like we would have gotten gta 6 in November 2014 if they didn't port it over and over 15m people so far have bought it on next gen.  It made sense.  

Not when that's all developers were releasing, no one bought the PS4 and X1 to play uprezzed games from last gen, for the first year this is what made up a lot of the 8th gen library. That's why people weren't happy.

AAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW SNAP!

Ka-pi96 said:
Hope not. Anyone being 'outraged' by remasters are quite frankly an idiot. The less idiots complaining about stupid things the better.

Calling people idiots because they want their favorite developers/publishers to focus on releasing new games instead of games that they already own seems a bit rude to me. I think they have a valid argument.

Around the Network

I don't have a problem with it. No one's forcing you to buy it if you don't want it.

There are also these things called "kids" who may not have been around the first time a game was released. What's wrong with a remaster/re-release so they can more easily enjoy that game too? 

I'd hope not and the other two seem to have gotten their fair share of "outrage" for their remasters, some called this gen that of remasters. I don't recall Nintendo being the white knight though, no company is a white knight, it's all about money at the end of the day and none of them are your best pals.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Well apart from Zelda U,if NX launches this year, they probably won't port another Wii U game to NX,but I could see some N64/GC/Wii games being remastered if it is that way nobody will care or complain because those game are over 10 years old ,this gen. Nintendo remastered OoT,MM,RS and XC for the 3DS and TP and WW for the Wii U out all of those only 1 was under 10 years of it's original release and build from the ground up on the previous gen.and only OoT and WW come within the 1st yearof the 3DS and Wii U ,and if I remember correctly people only called out the remasters and ports for the PS4 and X1 because most of those games were very recent games,like GTA,TLoU and Tomb Raider got remasters 1 year after their original release.

IkePoR said:
Insidb said:
What if NX is "always online?"

YES!

CaptainExplosion said:
Insidb said:
What if NX is "always online?

Don't be ridiculous. This is Nintendo we're talking about, not EA.

I didn't say full credit card Access, silly!