By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Nintendo be chastised if NX remasters / ports become a thing?

Ka-pi96 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Calling people idiots because they want their favorite developers/publishers to focus on releasing new games instead of games that they already own seems a bit rude to me. I think they have a valid argument.

If people are 'outraged' that their favourite developers/publishers (should mention that remasters are usually outsourced so it wouldn't be their favourite developers anyway) are giving them, and others, a chance to play improved versions of their favourite games, and at the same time making money that they can spend on producing new games then yes, they are idiots.

In fact, I'd say that anyone being 'outraged' about video game in general is probably an idiot. I mean... come on, you get 'outraged' by video games? Seriously? I'm sure there's more important things to be worrying about.

You seems outraged.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Pavolink said:

You seems outraged.

Outraged at people being outraged over every little thing? haha, maybe

What should be the name of that people?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Wyrdness said:
OneKartVita said:
Wyrdness said:

The reason people complained about remasters with the 8th gen is not because they are remasters it's because a number of these ports came literally with in a year or so of the original releases.

But that actually made sense.  These games came out at the end of the gen so it made sense to release them on ps4 and x1. It's not like we would have gotten gta 6 in November 2014 if they didn't port it over and over 15m people so far have bought it on next gen.  It made sense.  

Not when that's all developers were releasing, no one bought the PS4 and X1 to play uprezzed games from last gen, for the first year this is what made up a lot of the 8th gen library. That's why people weren't happy.

The only reason this won't be an issue with the NX and wasn't with the Wii U is because almost all developers don't develope for it.  

I didn't buy the ps4 for remasters or ports but I enjoyed the hell out of games like gta 5, the last of us,  Outlast,  Metro redux,  uncharted collection,  God of war 3 and more.  

Games like tomb raider ps4 sold over a million so it was very much worth it.  And these companies put a handful of people on these ports.  It's not like the bulk of their teams aren't working on next gen games like they would anyway. 

OneKartVita said:

The only reason this won't be an issue with the NX and wasn't with the Wii U is because almost all developers don't develope for it.  

I didn't buy the ps4 for remasters or ports but I enjoyed the hell out of games like gta 5, the last of us,  Outlast,  Metro redux,  uncharted collection,  God of war 3 and more.  

Games like tomb raider ps4 sold over a million so it was very much worth it.  And these companies put a handful of people on these ports.  It's not like the bulk of their teams aren't working on next gen games like they would anyway. 

MAny people enjoyed those games problem is we did it practically a year or two before the remasters.

Wyrdness said:
OneKartVita said:

MAny people enjoyed those games problem is we did it practically a year or two before the remasters.

Oh did we?  I don't remember playing metro redux a year or two before the remasters.  Oh wait that's because I need never played them.  

The last of us and the uncharted collection.  Perfect for all the Nintendo and Microsoft fans who bought a PS4 but didn't have a ps3. Stop acting like everyone bought them twice.  

They're perfect fillers while the companies were working on their next mainline entry.  I'd rather that instead of nothing. 

Around the Network

PS4 having too many remasters and too little new games (1st party games) in first two years of PS4. Personally I don't complaining because I didn't had PS3, but that is a fact. I count around 10 1st party remastered games for PS4, that's definitely huge number in just two years.

Nintendo will definitely make some remasters for NX but not in cost or effect of new games. Realisticly in first 2 two years of NX (I assuming that NX is handheld and home console and those games could play on both devices) we can expect somwhere betwine 3-5 games, so that would be far less than what Sony done with PS4 till now.

OneKartVita said:

Oh did we?  I don't remember playing metro redux a year or two before the remasters.  Oh wait that's because I need never played them.  

The last of us and the uncharted collection.  Perfect for all the Nintendo and Microsoft fans who bought a PS4 but didn't have a ps3. Stop acting like everyone bought them twice.  

They're perfect fillers while the companies were working on their next mainline entry.  I'd rather that instead of nothing. 

Who said everyone bought them twice? Oh yeah no one did just that many of us already enjoyed those games before hand. If that's you're idea of a good filler you have set a low bar in that regard.

Someone mention 10 first party remasters on PS4 in 2 years and this is before the next instalments have arrived, to put things in perspective in the first 2 years on Wii U the was 1 remaster, 7 new installments, 1 new IP, 1 second party deal and 1 spin off in Hyrule Warriors. The were 10 new games and one remaster off the top of my head. 

No it would be overlooked.

Wyrdness said:
OneKartVita said:

Who said everyone bought them twice? Oh yeah no one did just that many of us already enjoyed those games before hand. If that's you're idea of a good filler you have set a low bar in that regard.

Someone mention 10 first party remasters on PS4 in 2 years and this is before the next instalments have arrived, to put things in perspective in the first 2 years on Wii U the was 1 remaster, 7 new installments, 1 new IP, 1 second party deal and 1 spin off in Hyrule Warriors. The were 10 new games and one remaster off the top of my head. 

What else is a good filler while you wait for the new games?  On Playstation you were getting some of the best last gen games ported or remastered plus the usual new gen games.  It's was such a good idea. And the good sales of many remasters speaks for itself. 

OneKartVita said:

What else is a good filler while you wait for the new games?  On Playstation you were getting some of the best last gen games ported or remastered plus the usual new gen games.  It's was such a good idea. And the good sales of many remasters speaks for itself. 

On PS3 the remasters came late in the gen when the was a good flow of new games, people don't mind remasters but it doesn't mean they subsitute for the real reason people bought the platforms for. This industry also has a bad habit of exploiting anything that's a decent idea and turning it into a cheap tactic or irritating practice, we don't want the PS5 to come along and we're getting remasters PS4 games for the first two years, then with the following console remasters for the first 3 years etc...